breaking bad | The Boneyard

breaking bad

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
It seemed like the entire show built up to that episode. The script called for phenomenal acting from the entire cast, and man did they deliver a very powerful 60 minutes. Jesse, Jr., Marie and Hank are the only sympathetic characters on the whole show, and each of them had their lives unravel (or further unravel) last night.

And Todd is one sick dude.

Reaction Score
Over the top crazy and great.

What I appreciate about Gilligan is that he doesn't need big plot twists to send the show careening again. A simple little request, like Sklyer sister demanding Skyler reveal everything to the son, makes the entire storyline irrevocable. Until that moment, everything could have been covered up, papered over, the same drama that began 5 years ago would have been dominant (can Walter keep his hidden life under wraps), but then she makes a demand, the show goes loopy, and Walt goes out of his mind.

Reaction Score
It seemed like the entire show built up to that episode. The script called for phenomenal acting from the entire cast, and man did they deliver a very powerful 60 minutes. Jesse, Jr., Marie and Hank are the only sympathetic characters on the whole show, and each of them had their lives unravel (or further unravel) last night.

And Todd is one sick dude.

Todd is lethal. And smart. Seems like an automaton.

I have a hard time sympathizing with Marie. Neurotic, whiny and purple is no way to go through life. Hank is a blowhard. Hate him. Walter, the psychopath, is the only sympathetic character. Jesse is like that cartoon kid Caillou all grown up--that's how Caillou is going to grow up to be. Whiny. Spoiled.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
Over the top crazy and great.

What I appreciate about Gilligan is that he doesn't need big plot twists to send the show careening again. A simple little request, like Sklyer sister demanding Skyler reveal everything to the son, makes the entire storyline irrevocable. Until that moment, everything could have been covered up, papered over, the same drama that began 5 years ago would have been dominant (can Walter keep his hidden life under wraps), but then she makes a demand, the show goes loopy, and Walt goes out of his mind.

Agree 100%, and that is what sets this show apart from so many others. There are no "twists" and the characters never act "out-of-character".

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
Todd is lethal. And smart. Seems like an automaton.

I have a hard time sympathizing with Marie. Neurotic, whiny and purple is no way to go through life. Hank is a blowhard. Hate him. Walter, the psychopath, is the only sympathetic character. Jesse is like that cartoon kid Caillou all grown up--that's how Caillou is going to grow up to be. Whiny. Spoiled.

But I feel like Hank, Marie and Jesse all at least have some moral guidance (which is variously overwhelmed). I used to think Walt did, but he missed to many exit ramps in the past two season to be viewed as a "family man" anymore (and that was all he had left). The last time he saw Jesse was just cold-blooded - I mean probably the nastiest thing you could say to another human being before you knew he was about to be tortured by a gang of nazis and "killed".

Reaction Score
In a weird way Walt blames Jesse for what happened to Hank. He thinks that with Jesse ratting out Walt, it was his fault that Hank was killed so he made it known that he watched his girlfriend die. Walt is all twisted up now and likely having a nervous breakdown. I have heard in last two episodes he might try to go back and save Jesse - no idea if that is accurate. Dont forget, in the flashforward they showed him with hair, a beard, in a car with NH plates and goes back to his house to get the ricin. The next episode is called "Granite State" no doubt referring to his NH move through Saul's guy.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
No chance Walt saves Jesse. Their relationship is wrecked beyond repair.

Reaction Score
I'm just trying to figure out how he ends up like how we all saw him at the start of the second half of the season:
breaking-bad.png

What is he going to use the Ricin for?

Reaction Score
What loose ends are left? It's really Jesse and Walt's family. The Nazi's have Jesse tied up and making the blue meth for them. IT does sort of make sense that Walt goes back to stop the Nazis. Or does Walt try to kill Lydia somehow with the ricin. Don't know where it is going but I can't wait to find out.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
i think the only people walt comes back.for are his wife or kids. at least that is bow i took the last episode.

Reaction Score
I love Walt and I root for him to "win"...whatever that means. Yes, he is Jekyll/Hyde as a family man/Heisenberg, but I think everything Walt has done, has been for a reason. He is methodical and logical in a way no other TV character ever has been. He has made mistakes, and been outsmarted, but I just love the way his mind works.

He has loose ends to tie up. From the flash forward, we know he is now 52 (so close to a year has passed) and we know he disappeared to NH, but is coming back with a gun (big gun) and the ricin. We also know that he seems to have lost the only 2 things he cared about - his family and his money. He needs to settle things with Jesse, the Nazis, and perhaps Lydia?

My guess is that the gun is to be used on the Nazis, and the ricin is either for Jesse or himself.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
my list of loose ends (that can directly tie skylar to the business as i think that is what will propel walt forward): jesse, the nazis by way of jesse, saul, sauls 2 bodyguards, the dude she had an affair with.

Reaction Score
my list of loose ends (that can directly tie skylar to the business as i think that is what will propel walt forward): jesse, the nazis by way of jesse, saul, sauls 2 bodyguards, the dude she had an affair with.

Good guesses.

1. Skyler goes to jail. Kids are living with Marie, and he has a grudge against her.
2. Skyler is living with her ex-boss, and Walt can't stand it.
3. The Nazis have his millions.
4. The Nazis reneged on the deal to kill Jesse.

The only one I don't get is Saul and Saul's bodyguards. It's not Huell's fault that he's so stupid. Hank probably realizes this.

Reaction Score
My guess.. Jesse escapes the nazis by bombing the lab with poison gas (similar to Walt in the pilot), Jesse seeks revenge from Walts confession about Jane and kills skyler and jr, which prompts Walt to come back ... Ricin is for the nazis , M60 is for Jesse

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
Up - totally agree. i was just pointing out who had info that skylar knew more than she is leading on.

now that i am thinking about it - walt may have tipped the police.off himself. in trying to cover for her he at times sounded unnatural ("it was all me, alone"). any cop with a suspicious side would find it suspicious that 'heisenberg' would not think the police were listening to his call. plus, immediately then returning the baby goes against the very he was making in the call.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Since we're talking about Breaking Bad, this picture is relevant.

BUT67x8CcAAVEID.jpg

R.I.P Hank.

Reaction Score
But I feel like Hank, Marie and Jesse all at least have some moral guidance (which is variously overwhelmed). I used to think Walt did, but he missed to many exit ramps in the past two season to be viewed as a "family man" anymore (and that was all he had left). The last time he saw Jesse was just cold-blooded - I mean probably the nastiest thing you could say to another human being before you knew he was about to be tortured by a gang of nazis and "killed".

Yeah that was effed up, "I could have saved her but I didn't" or in other words I could save you but I'm not. I told my wife Jeezus, Walt's the frigging devil, Jesse was right.

Reaction Score
Walt made it seem to the police like anything skylar did she did under threat of walt hurting her and there is no way to prove otherwise even with the ted benneke situation. Walt coming back to save jesse crossed my mind but it makes zero sense. as far as walt knows jesse is dead as fried chicken and considering he has hair and a beared when he returns we can assume its been a few months since he left so how in the world would jesse still be alive? and why would jesse go after walt again after losing so badly this time around? cut your losses and leave town if you can get away from the nazis.
Something no one has mentioned is the tape. jesse told todd that his confession tape is at the house. the nazis are going to the house to get that tape sooner or later and they are going to assume she knows of the tape or wont believe that she doesnt. either way she might be dead meat because there is no way theyre going to leave her alive.
i think its possible the tape ends up in skylars possession,marie gets kidnapped and skylar goes for an exchange and is taken by the nazis. somehow walt gets wind of this and comes back to town to save his ex wife and marie and is killed in the process leading to a sort of redemption for all the bad hes done.

Reaction Score
I'm assuming that the answer is probably "because they just found 70 million dollars" - but why weren't the Nazis planning to take Walt hostage to guarantee that he cooks for them? Had Walter not told them Jesse was under the car, they would have let both get away?

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
I think the reason they weren't worried about Jesse is that they didn't really care to kill him. Remember, when they came out for Walt it wasn't because they were following Walt's orders to kill him anymore, or to save Walt, per se, but because the exact latitude / longitude coordinates Walt provided tipped them off that something important was hidden in the desert. So when they found that 'something' they didn't need to kill Jesse, and probably just assumed Walt's bloodlust had passed for the time being (and Jesse doesn't really know anything about them).

The reason Walt lived, I think, is Todd. The uncle said that there would be a problem with Todd if they took all of Walt's money, so I would assume that there would be an even bigger problem if they killed him (but I don't know what 'problem' looks like). I am still unclear about what the power structure is within that family, but certainly Todd wields some influence as evidenced by the fact that he was able to keep Jesse alive.

Reaction Score
I think the reason they weren't worried about Jesse is that they didn't really care to kill him. Remember, when they came out for Walt it wasn't because they were following Walt's orders to kill him anymore, or to save Walt, per se, but because the exact latitude / longitude coordinates Walt provided tipped them off that something important was hidden in the desert. So when they found that 'something' they didn't need to kill Jesse, and probably just assumed Walt's bloodlust had passed for the time being (and Jesse doesn't really know anything about them).

The reason Walt lived, I think, is Todd. The uncle said that there would be a problem with Todd if they took all of Walt's money, so I would assume that there would be an even bigger problem if they killed him (but I don't know what 'problem' looks like). I am still unclear about what the power structure is within that family, but certainly Todd wields some influence as evidenced by the fact that he was able to keep Jesse alive.

You're right, but I'm not saying they ever had any intention of killing Walt - their intention was to have Walt cook for them one last time. They were willing to let Walt walk away with his $11 million, but they could have just as easily made Walt cook one more time and then let him walk away with his $11 million.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom