breaking bad | Page 3 | The Boneyard

breaking bad

Reaction Score
Similar to my belief that very shortly before this season ends (one, perhaps two games remaining) P will get canned, very shortly before the end of the final episode (eight to ten minutes left) Walt bites the dust. I see no way they can tie up all loose endsand let Walt live.

When I first saw the abandoned, police taped house with Heisenberg written on one of the walls my thought was that Jesse had written that. Considering his reaction when he did fully realize that what he was told about his father was true, I now think that it may have been Flynn who wrote that but it also is possible that this was a warning from the nazis. I'm curious as to who outside of the DEA, possibly local police and insiders within the drug trade know of Heisenberg. Prior to Hank's death I doubt that this would be public information. With Walt (Heisenberg) on the lamb, I can see reasons why the authorities would keep that alias secret but I can also see reasons why they would publicize it. I believe that it would be better drama if that alias is kept secret from the public throughout.

I think it is very possible that Walt is back to either free or avenge Jesse. It has to have something to do with what Walt views as immediate family and this would be limited to Skyler, Flynn, Holly, Jesse (who he had more of a father/son relationship with than Flynn) and possibly Marie.

You could well be correct about the gasoline leak. I also wonder if they can get some reasonably accurate location of Hank's final phone call to Marie. I see their finding Hank & Gomey as a very strong possibility and I also think it is possible that they match some of the bullets with those that eliminated Declan and his crew (if that didn't demonstrate how bad ass the nazis were nothing could).

The gun Walt bought (which likely could fire off hundreds of bullets at a time) has to be for the nazis. There would be no other reason for such a piece of machinery. There also will be an armageddon in the final episode that will make To'hajiilee look like an afternoon at a gun club.
I thought it was pretty clear since we saw the skateboarders first that vandals wrote Heisenberg and Walt's secret evil identity was therefore common knowledge. The neighbor's horrified reaction confirmed this.
They kind of blew past the fact that Walter's attempt to exonerate Skylar provided way more info and confession that actually allowed the DEA to piece together the Heisenberg story. Without that and without the fight at home, the White family could have continued to live in anonymity denial even with the disappearance of Hank & Gomie. "My husband had a fight with his brother in law, now they are both gone." This would have meant Walter Jr. & Marie would have to clam up and not tell what they know. But it was possible particularly if Skylar pleaded with Marie against the worst case hell (Walt is gone, they blame Skylar) that Skylar & family incur after Walt flees.

Given the RICO seizing of the house and the stories in the paper its pretty clear that the phone call, Skylar's confessions and Marie's information has allowed the police and DEA to have at least the outline of Walt's operation. They at least know he cooked Meth with Gus Fring and killed Gus Fring. I don't think Skylar knows of any more murders.

Anyway, now he's obviously coming back for the Grey Matter and the Nazi's. I'd guess he'll be surprised to find Jesse alive. So what's unknown is how he tries to harm Grey Matter (presumably he wants/needs to either A. create a public record of his contribution while possibly damaging the company or B. Stop them & the company from profiting from his ideas. In either case some sort of personal reckoning for Elliot and Gretchen also looms. And of course Walt wants to kill the Nazis, stop them from cooking HIS Blue and get his 6 barrels back. I think he'll be surprised to find Jesse alive and one of the biggest dramatic unknowns is how Walt & Jesse's relationship ends. Back on father - son terms now that Walter Jr is forever lost to Walt or is Walt a hardened criminal in such a 'granite state' that no emotion penetrates his cold dark heart.

JaYncYe is quite possibly a sociopath. Jesse is meant to be the only conscience in the show. Yes he repeatedly made his own bed, but he was broken to begin with and his choices are almost always between two evils (ie. Gale 'hit' was either Gale dies or Walt dies). Jesse got Walt in trouble with Gus because Jesse decided to kill the scumbag drug dealers that used a 9yr old kid to kill his friend Combo and then later killed that 9yr old kid - who ended up being Andrea's brother. And even after all that, if Jesse hadn't been manipulated & used by Walt, Gus, Mike & Jesse would still be cooking the blue but hidden in alive Hank's plain sight.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I thought it was pretty clear since we saw the skateboarders first that vandals wrote Heisenberg and Walt's secret evil identity was therefore common knowledge. The neighbor's horrified reaction confirmed this.
They kind of blew past the fact that Walter's attempt to exonerate Skylar provided way more info and confession that actually allowed the DEA to piece together the Heisenberg story. Without that and without the fight at home, the White family could have continued to live in anonymity denial even with the disappearance of Hank & Gomie. "My husband had a fight with his brother in law, now they are both gone." This would have meant Walter Jr. & Marie would have to clam up and not tell what they know. But it was possible particularly if Skylar pleaded with Marie against the worst case hell (Walt is gone, they blame Skylar) that Skylar & family incur after Walt flees.

Given the RICO seizing of the house and the stories in the paper its pretty clear that the phone call, Skylar's confessions and Marie's information has allowed the police and DEA to have at least the outline of Walt's operation. They at least know he cooked Meth with Gus Fring and killed Gus Fring. I don't think Skylar knows of any more murders.

Anyway, now he's obviously coming back for the Grey Matter and the Nazi's. I'd guess he'll be surprised to find Jesse alive. So what's unknown is how he tries to harm Grey Matter (presumably he wants/needs to either A. create a public record of his contribution while possibly damaging the company or B. Stop them & the company from profiting from his ideas. In either case some sort of personal reckoning for Elliot and Gretchen also looms. And of course Walt wants to kill the Nazis, stop them from cooking HIS Blue and get his 6 barrels back. I think he'll be surprised to find Jesse alive and one of the biggest dramatic unknowns is how Walt & Jesse's relationship ends. Back on father - son terms now that Walter Jr is forever lost to Walt or is Walt a hardened criminal in such a 'granite state' that no emotion penetrates his cold dark heart.

JaYncYe is quite possibly a sociopath. Jesse is meant to be the only conscience in the show. Yes he repeatedly made his own bed, but he was broken to begin with and his choices are almost always between two evils (ie. Gale 'hit' was either Gale dies or Walt dies). Jesse got Walt in trouble with Gus because Jesse decided to kill the scumbag drug dealers that used a 9yr old kid to kill his friend Combo and then later killed that 9yr old kid - who ended up being Andrea's brother. And even after all that, if Jesse hadn't been manipulated & used by Walt, Gus, Mike & Jesse would still be cooking the blue but hidden in alive Hank's plain sight.

Jesse is still a murderer and was involved in criminal activity. Under no circumstance is it ok to rat out your accomplices or go bat crazy. Lets replay this season alone: Jesse does drugs, attempts to burn down Walt's house. Gets caught by hank. Jesse agrees to rat out Walt, gets Hank and his partner killed. Tries to escape, clearly after he sees a picture of Andrea and Brock in the lab, which would tip anyone off to not mess with these people. Todd murders Andrea in cold blood in front of Jesse. This all starts to unravel when Jesse starts throwing money away! Walt had Hank dead to rights with that tape. Nothing he or the DEA could do to get to him.

Reaction Score
Jesse is still a murderer and was involved in criminal activity. Under no circumstance is it ok to rat out your accomplices or go bat crazy. Lets replay this season alone: Jesse does drugs, attempts to burn down Walt's house. Gets caught by hank. Jesse agrees to rat out Walt, gets Hank and his partner killed. Tries to escape, clearly after he sees a picture of Andrea and Brock in the lab, which would tip anyone off to not mess with these people. Todd murders Andrea in cold blood in front of Jesse. This all starts to unravel when Jesse starts throwing money away! Walt had Hank dead to rights with that tape. Nothing he or the DEA could do to get to him.
So what do you do if you find out your partner POISONED your girlfriend's 5yr old son in order to manipulate you? And maybe via your drug use you came to the realization that he murdered a standup guy that treated you pretty fair (Mike). Send him a box of flowers and move to Alaska is not an option.

A. Walt f--d himself up by leaving the book for Hank to find
B. Walt's tape was hardly proof or anything near 'dead to rights', but no doubt it served its purpose to put the fear of god into a clearly compromised Hank
B1. Push come to shove Hank's a lawman and would have gone down himself if necessary to get even a piece of Walt
B2. Hank had the carwash trail of money to go after now that he knew the gambling story was BS, not even Al Capone on taxes but its something
B3. Hank had met Lydia and would have paid her another visit now if Jesse hadn't shown up
B4. Hank would have ultimately gotten to Skinny Pete and Badger who had early dealings with Walt
B5,000,0000. Walt was never getting away with this, that's kind of the point of the show.

I agree though that Jesse up royally by trying to escape given what he knows about Todd. The move was to keep going over the fence until they shot him, arguably human survival instinct/fear kicked in. But on the other side if you put an animal in a cage you cannot blame it for trying to escape. I had hoped Jesse's move was to poison (Walt season 1) or blowup/sabotage the lab and hopefully that still goes down before Knight in shining armor Walt gets there to save the day.

Again now Jesse has lost Combo, Jane & Andrea
Jesse killed a drug dealer and drug cook.
VERSUS
Walt ho has lost only Hank thus far
Walt killed multiple drug dealers and kingpins, Jane, innocents on the plane, Jane's dad, looked right past Drew Sharp's killing, killed Mike, killed all the Gus associates many of whom were simply workers in regular jobs (laundry) paid to keep quiet.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
In no way am I saying Walt isn't at fault for any of this. Walt is the mastermind, but Jesse is the wild card that cant seem to grow up or accept what he is. But killing an innocent man, Jesse crossed the line. He was now one of them. Earned his bones or whatever the term is called. You don't talk to police. If you have a problem with Walt. You take him out permanently.

And you can't go with 'Hank probably would have gone to Skinny Pete or Badger.' There was no mention of Hank mentioning that. Hank was stuck because of that tape to the point where he told Marie that that money she accepted from Walt killed him. He had agents leave Pinkman alone after this tape. He was finished.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
So what do you do if you find out your partner POISONED your girlfriend's 5yr old son in order to manipulate you? And maybe via your drug use you came to the realization that he murdered a standup guy that treated you pretty fair (Mike). Send him a box of flowers and move to Alaska is not an option.

A. Walt f--d himself up by leaving the book for Hank to find
B. Walt's tape was hardly proof or anything near 'dead to rights', but no doubt it served its purpose to put the fear of god into a clearly compromised Hank
B1. Push come to shove Hank's a lawman and would have gone down himself if necessary to get even a piece of Walt
B2. Hank had the carwash trail of money to go after now that he knew the gambling story was BS, not even Al Capone on taxes but its something
B3. Hank had met Lydia and would have paid her another visit now if Jesse hadn't shown up
B4. Hank would have ultimately gotten to Skinny Pete and Badger who had early dealings with Walt
B5,000,0000. Walt was never getting away with this, that's kind of the point of the show.

I agree though that Jesse ed up royally by trying to escape given what he knows about Todd. The move was to keep going over the fence until they shot him, arguably human survival instinct/fear kicked in. But on the other side if you put an animal in a cage you cannot blame it for trying to escape. I had hoped Jesse's move was to poison (Walt season 1) or blowup/sabotage the lab and hopefully that still goes down before Knight in shining armor Walt gets there to save the day.

Again now Jesse has lost Combo, Jane & Andrea
Jesse killed a drug dealer and drug cook.
VERSUS
Walt ho has lost only Hank thus far
Walt killed multiple drug dealers and kingpins, Jane, innocents on the plane, Jane's dad, looked right past Drew Sharp's killing, killed Mike, killed all the Gus associates many of whom were simply workers in regular jobs (laundry) paid to keep quiet.

A) Agreed
B) Answered this one.
B1) Hypotherical.
B2) Hank was also dealing with Walt's confessed tape. Again watch that episode and the fallout afterwards between Hank watching the tape and catching Jesse at Walt's house.
B3) Nothing proves this, again hypothetical.
B4) already addressed this.
B5) maybe not, but Gilligan has broken many rules and traditions in telling this story so anything was possible. He did say he wanted to turn Walter White into scarface and we know what happens to him at the end of that movie.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It easily could have been the skateboarders but there was nothing (at that point) indicating that any name other than Walter White would have been announced as the drug kingpin.

It also appears that I was correct that the neo-nazis were able to get the tape from Hank's house.

I'm very curious about Todd's biological parents. Uncle Jack seems to be the actual parental figure in his life and the pathology of his admiration of Walt (who seemed overly kind, especially in comparison to his dealings with Jesse earlier in the show, when teaching Todd how to cook meth) and attraction to Lydia can each be attributed to filling some void from missing parents. Todd also seems like the guy who at eight years old set up a feeder, out in the open in his backyard, to attract squirrels (or some other small animal) so that he could shoot them with a BB gun or pellet gun. I doubt that there will be time in the last episode to shed much light on what made Todd the creepy sociopath that he is but that could have been a full episode in itself. One (of the many) weird thing about Todd (and this could well be because it is the only person his age that he as any dealings with) is that it seems he views Jesse as a friend (or as close to being a friend as you can feel towards someone that you have imprisoned).

Jesse's behavior, leading to things screwing up for he and/or Walt began (in series time) well before he found out that Andrea's kid brother killed Combo. All Jesse needed to do was take the $1.5 mm he was going to make from Gus, cooking with Walt for three months and then call it a career. Instead he got so worked up about how Gus' take was so big that it wasn't fair to he and Walt. This led to the series of events that culminated when Jesse had to either kill Gayle or end up (along with Walt) getting killed at Mike & Victor's hands.

Lydia is another whose greed will be her downfall. She had to have made a ton of money and should have been willing to walk away when Walt did. As the DEA (per what was said on television with Gretchen & Elliot) can tie Heisenberg's meth to Europe, how are they not again looking at Madrigal? Her wanting Skyler dead is just going to add her to Walt's list of targets.

I also thought (especially as quickly as he began yelling 'do it' (shoot)) was that Jesse should have just kept climbing. I'm wondering if Jesse knows how to make phosphine (how Walt killed Emilio and disabled Crazy Eight) and if there will be a point where a couple of the neo-nazis (including Todd) will be in the lab with him. This could be Jesse's way out (somewhat similar to Hector's) and also could help even the odds for Walt (who has had many unwittingly help him out over the run of the show).

I'm curious as to how Walt (as he only could have had a few minute, at most perhaps fifteen minute head start) was able to evade the NH police. His hideout is too far away for him to (logically, but with this show you never know) get back to so he'll only have the couple of hundred thousand he stuffed in the Ensure box (as he won't have the opportunity to walk the eight miles to his new home). I'm guessing that near the end, a dying Walt tells Skyler where she can find the rest of the money (as it is possible that his hideout is remote enough that the NH police do not search it).

I see no way that the show can end with Walt fully getting away with everything. The closest to that possibility would be that he neither gets caught nor killed by the end of the show but will be subject to an agonizing death from his cancer (which will obviously be about to finish him off when the series ends). His only remaining vindication will be a) getting at least some of the drug money to Skyler, Flynn & Holly, b) settling the score with Jack & his crew and c) setting the public record straight on Gray Matter. I'm guessing that he will achieve all of these, although it will likely come at some cost (loss of another family member).

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Though I wanted Jesse dead, Todd dying so gruesome was satisfying.

Reaction Score
Though I wanted Jesse dead, Todd dying so gruesome was satisfying.

Why for snitching to Hank? Being a prisoner like that had to make him wish he was dead for sure.

Reaction Score
I really liked the ending even as it suffered a little by being too sentimental and almost a happy outcome for Walt. Partially I'd say that Vince G and crew had such affection for the characters that essentially transformed their lives that in the end they couldn't cruelly kill them off.

It was a little too convenient that they made Todd & Co. Neo-Nazis, made it easier to root for Walt and a bit obvious that they wouldn't survive.

I loved Walter's scheme to get the money to Walt Jr. - classic Breaking Bad brilliant twist that we coulda/shoulda seen coming (Walt realizes Grey Matter's philanthropy is his way to get $ to his family) but instead the viewer can't see past the more obvious ('dammit they give me no credit!' - greed, pride) motivated outcomes.

Lukewarm on Lydia ricin poisoning. Was all the ricin in that one Stevia packet? How did Walt know she'd sit there? Forced me to assume he'd emptied every sugar holder in the place of Stevia except that one and that one packet.

Really liked Walt tackling Jesse to save him from the gunfire AND Jesse seeing the bullet hole and simultaneously realizing Walt had done something for him and that Jesse didn't need to kill, it would take care of itself.

Loved Jesse snapping Todd's neck as Todd is still fighting imaginary snipers & wrapped in Mr. White admiration

Walt's confession to Skyler resonates the most. Walt's lines; "I liked it - I was good at it" are staying with me.

I guess Walt came to some realizations while in NH. I don't totally agree with the lack reckoning for Walt's family and even Walt dying relatively peacefully in the lab. For his family maybe surviving that and living with that as your father/former husband is worse than going down on your own terms ala Hank.

Bringing it full circle, just as it was worth it for the viewers and incredibly beneficial for the show's crew, I guess it is only fair that Walter White himself shares in the glory of a successful great show.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I really liked the ending even as it suffered a little by being too sentimental and almost a happy outcome for Walt. Partially I'd say that Vince G and crew had such affection for the characters that essentially transformed their lives that in the end they couldn't cruelly kill them off.

It was a little too convenient that they made Todd & Co. Neo-Nazis, made it easier to root for Walt and a bit obvious that they wouldn't survive.

I loved Walter's scheme to get the money to Walt Jr. - classic Breaking Bad brilliant twist that we coulda/shoulda seen coming (Walt realizes Grey Matter's philanthropy is his way to get $ to his family) but instead the viewer can't see past the more obvious ('dammit they give me no credit!' - greed, pride) motivated outcomes.

Lukewarm on Lydia ricin poisoning. Was all the ricin in that one Stevia packet? How did Walt know she'd sit there? Forced me to assume he'd emptied every sugar holder in the place of Stevia except that one and that one packet.

Really liked Walt tackling Jesse to save him from the gunfire AND Jesse seeing the bullet hole and simultaneously realizing Walt had done something for him and that Jesse didn't need to kill, it would take care of itself.

Loved Jesse snapping Todd's neck as Todd is still fighting imaginary snipers & wrapped in Mr. White admiration

Walt's confession to Skyler resonates the most. Walt's lines; "I liked it - I was good at it" are staying with me.

I guess Walt came to some realizations while in NH. I don't totally agree with the lack reckoning for Walt's family and even Walt dying relatively peacefully in the lab. For his family maybe surviving that and living with that as your father/former husband is worse than going down on your own terms ala Hank.

Bringing it full circle, just as it was worth it for the viewers and incredibly beneficial for the show's crew, I guess it is only fair that Walter White himself shares in the glory of a successful great show.

I think Walt switched the Stevia packets. when he grabbed Lydia.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I had not watched any of the Breaking Bad series until this last week. I saw most of season 1, parts of 2 and 4 and most of 5. Didn't see where Hank got shot or when the Chilean got killed. I had been told it was something I needed to watch (and not just by people on here ;)). My wife and I enjoyed it, it was pretty good. Worth following. Don't think it's up the level of The Walking Dead, but it's good.

One thing I did get from almost the 1st episode and it carried throughout all the series, was that Jesse was the most annoying character, possibly ever. From Episode 2 on, all I wanted was for Walt to kill Jesse. Almost all of Walt's problems stemmed from Jesse. And that's just the episodes I watched. He just kept screwing everything up for everybody. Reminded me of Gilligan from Gilligan's Island (except not in a comedy). I assume it was Vince's shout-out to his namesake.

Glad Hank got killed too, didn't like him. Wish something would have happened to Marie? also. I guess Hank getting killed will have to do. Both of them were jerks.

The finale, I thought was pretty good. Pretty much had to have Walt die. And I think they did a good job with that.

Overall, interesting series.

Reaction Score
I had not watched any of the Breaking Bad series until this last week. I saw most of season 1, parts of 2 and 4 and most of 5. Didn't see where Hank got shot or when the Chilean got killed. I had been told it was something I needed to watch (and not just by people on here ;)). My wife and I enjoyed it, it was pretty good. Worth following. Don't think it's up the level of The Walking Dead, but it's good.

One thing I did get from almost the 1st episode and it carried throughout all the series, was that Jesse was the most annoying character, possibly ever. From Episode 2 on, all I wanted was for Walt to kill Jesse. Almost all of Walt's problems stemmed from Jesse. And that's just the episodes I watched. He just kept screwing everything up for everybody. Reminded me of Gilligan from Gilligan's Island (except not in a comedy). I assume it was Vince's shout-out to his namesake.

Glad Hank got killed too, didn't like him. Wish something would have happened to Marie? also. I guess Hank getting killed will have to do. Both of them were jerks.

The finale, I thought was pretty good. Pretty much had to have Walt die. And I think they did a good job with that.

Overall, interesting series.
Classic response! I guess in terms of Walking Dead other TV to you is what non-Chicago Bears sports teams are to fans of Da Bears. I've got Ditka winning the Indy 500 driving a schoolbus loaded with offensive lineman.

The series was about Walt, I enjoyed both rooting for him and rooting for his ruination. Skyler was really the polarizing character with many hating her for being a 'nag' when truly her only other choice was to leave. And after the episode when she flipped coins at 4 corners and decided to stay she became depressed & doomed but was no longer a nag.

Most people locked into liking Jesse in an episode when they trapped him in a Meth house with two meth-heads and their 5yr old. Jesse did the right thing when he got out and his role of trying to protect kids from getting screwed up like he knew he was solidified. Plus he was very entertaining in his emotions and the contrast with him and the stoic 'Mr White' was great and very necessary to make things interesting. I.e. Todd was obviously a superior criminal, but I found him dull and one-dimensional. Even Todd's crush on Lydia yielded only a few amusingly awkward scenes and a funny ringtone.

Walt certainly engineered his way out of a lot of sticky situations, but he was also incredibly lucky (i.e. Cousins in the house to kill him and they get a call one second before & instead leave). In contrast Jesse paid thru the nose for every mistake he made.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Classic response! I guess in terms of Walking Dead other TV to you is what non-Chicago Bears sports teams are to fans of Da Bears. I've got Ditka winning the Indy 500 driving a schoolbus loaded with offensive lineman.
As long as it was a dozen or so "little Ditkas" in the pits, I could see it.

The series was about Walt, I enjoyed both rooting for him and rooting for his ruination. Skyler was really the polarizing character with many hating her for being a 'nag' when truly her only other choice was to leave. And after the episode when she flipped coins at 4 corners and decided to stay she became depressed & doomed but was no longer a nag.
I liked the Skyler character (have always loved the name Skyler). She had some of the toughest choices to make.

Most people locked into liking Jesse in an episode when they trapped him in a Meth house with two meth-heads and their 5yr old. Jesse did the right thing when he got out and his role of trying to protect kids from getting screwed up like he knew he was solidified. Plus he was very entertaining in his emotions and the contrast with him and the stoic 'Mr White' was great and very necessary to make things interesting.
I did not see that episode, so maybe that would have made a difference. ??? But from Walt's point of view, I could not see why he didn't just kill him because he caused so many problems. Not the kind of "partner" I would want in such an endeavor. Half the show was just fixing the problems Jesse caused. And the problems were caused because of stupidity. Stupidity usually irritates me.

I.e. Todd was obviously a superior criminal, but I found him dull and one-dimensional. Even Todd's crush on Lydia yielded only a few amusingly awkward scenes and a funny ringtone.
Now Todd I really liked. Very business like. Single mindedness. Exactly what you need in an operation like this. That's the kind of partner you want. Walt would have done much better with him.

Walt certainly engineered his way out of a lot of sticky situations, but he was also incredibly lucky (i.e. Cousins in the house to kill him and they get a call one second before & instead leave).
Yes, Walt was very lucky.....in getting himself and Jesse out of the messes Jesse would get them in.

In contrast Jesse paid thru the nose for every mistake he made.
Everyone seemed to pay for Jesse's mistakes. And in the end pretty much everyone paid with their lives......except Jesse. For all the problems he caused and his stupidity, I just wish he would have been killed.

Another cool thing I would have liked to see in the show was Junior getting hooked on meth. That I think would have been more crushing for Walt. Maybe even have caused Skyler to kill Walt. That could have been interesting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom