Bouknight arrested? | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Bouknight arrested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So Bouknight played last night? Played pretty well even...

If that's the case the arrest is a non issue. Other than it may indicate he's not putting in appropriate time to the improvement of his game.
It's absolutely an issue.

Reaction Score

If that's the case the arrest is a non issue. Other than it may indicate he's not putting in appropriate time to the improvement of his game.
Arrests are never a non issue. It's a lense into the decision making process of people.

I'm concerned about his lack of maturity.

Forget the DUI...Dude has been cited 3 times this year(twice in one week) for reckless driving...
Charlotte PD isn't even that crazy...tells me he believes the ramifications aren't bad enough to stop doing it...

He needs a veteran mentor. This is the "Charlotte Problem." Not many vets that can teach culture on a team that can't keep players long term...last one I remember that was a positive impact was Al Jefferson. A damn decade ago.

Reaction Score

He missed every shot he took in 14 minutes, I'd hardly call that playing well. The suspension will be coming when the legal process plays out

Reaction Score
Arrests are never a non issue. It's a lense into the decision making process of people.

Forget the DUI...Dude has been cited 3 times this year(twice in one week) for reckless driving...
Charlotte PD isn't even that crazy...tells me he believes the ramifications aren't bad enough to stop doing it...

He needs a veteran mentor. This is the "Charlotte Problem." Not many vets that can teach culture on a team that can't keep players long term...last one I remember that was a positive impact was Al Jefferson. A damn decade ago.
Agree with what you are saying to some degree. I just word it different. I focus on potential lack of basketball development. Possibly linked personal issues. But I'm not too interested in the specifics of the personal issues.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Wait What Reaction GIF

Reaction Score
He missed every shot he took in 14 minutes, I'd hardly call that playing well. The suspension will be coming when the legal process plays out
Sorry. Got confused. Thought last night's game was the earlier preseason game against the sixers

Reaction Score

A veteran mentor should be helping with things like dealing with the media, how to interact with fans etc, how to deal with pro coaches, etc

He should not need a mentor to tell him that drinking and driving is not a good idea.

Reaction Score
He seems to be proudly saying, "His humanity is irrelevant to me. I am only concerned with how well he puts a rubber ball through a hoop."
“Sober up and dribble”

It’s always sad to have the reality of people’s proud ignorance thrown in one’s face

Reaction Score
A veteran mentor should be helping with things like dealing with the media, how to interact with fans etc, how to deal with pro coaches, etc

He should not need a mentor to tell him that drinking and driving is not a good idea.
maybe how to handle extremely high expectations and the mental health issues that come with that?

Maybe ask delonte west what it’s like? I wonder if he knows drugs are bad????

The funny thing about addiction…people know it’s bad and wrong…yet they still can’t help themselves enough to stop.

If only people could just live life as perfectly and mistake free as other peoples expectations of them are…

I just try and understand why James might feel lost. Empathy can go a long way. Maybe try it.

Reaction Score
maybe how to handle extremely high expectations and the mental health issues that come with that?

Maybe ask delonte west what it’s like? I wonder if he knows drugs are bad????

The funny thing about addiction…people know it’s bad and wrong…yet they still can’t help themselves enough to stop.

If only people could just live life as perfectly and mistake free as other peoples expectations of them are…

I just try and understand why James might feel lost. Empathy can go a long way. Maybe try it.
You punish him, you mandate a program to deal with his drinking/drug use, hire a shrink but outside of that there's nothing else they can do.

I think the poster you were responding to is just saying he's a grown man, they can't babysit him 24/7. James will get help from them but he has to help himself.

Reaction Score
You punish him, you mandate a program to deal with his drinking/drug use, hire a shrink but outside of that there's nothing else they can do.

I think the poster you were responding to is just saying he's a grown man, they can't babysit him 24/7. James will get help from them but he has to help himself.
That’s fair…I took it a little bit more as a throw up your hands, he should know better.

I think the programs/shrink is a great idea.

It just seems to me that professional athletes are expected to have it all figured out, or they are vilified for “throwing it all away by not having figured it out.”

These are young kids. Varying levels of maturity. Maturity with supervision is also much different than maturity alone.

I unfortunately had to learn the hard way too…

Reaction Score
Not only that, you are alarmingly off with your “hurr durr no big deal” take

I'll elaborate a bit more on my hesitancy to crucify Bouk.

I'm unimpressed with the story and not in any hurry to judge. There are multiple versions and conflicting information. The story is sensational and garbage.

In one version of the story Bouk was passed out drunk with the car in drive, blocking the entrance of a parking garage.... I think. While police and/or security attempted to wake him with air horns (for multiple minutes I believe). In another version he drives into a police car.

I'd like to hear Bouk's version before I get as worked up as most on this thread. I also don't blindly believe police statements. It would not be the first time law enforcement was wrong or even dishonest.

Reaction Score
I disagree. I'm unimpressed with the story and not in any hurry to judge. There are multiple versions and conflicting information. The story is sensational and garbage.

In one version of the story Bouk was passed out drunk with the car in drive, blocking the entrance of a parking garage.... I think. While police and/or security attempted to wake him with air horns. In another version he drives into a police car.

I'd like to hear Bouk's version before I get as worked up as most on this thread. I also don't blindly believe police statements. It would not be the first time law enforcement was wrong or even dishonest.
Don't blame your reading comprehension on others.

You want to hear Bouk's version (the guy who was so drunk/drugged up with a gun in his hand passed out) over the police version of events? There was security and a bunch of police there, you think they all got together to concoct a sensational story about some no name NBA player?

You're digging, put down the shovel

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
I'll elaborate a bit more on my hesitancy to crucify Bouk.

I'm unimpressed with the story and not in any hurry to judge. There are multiple versions and conflicting information. The story is sensational and garbage.

In one version of the story Bouk was passed out drunk with the car in drive, blocking the entrance of a parking garage.... I think. While police and/or security attempted to wake him with air horns (for multiple minutes I believe). In another version he drives into a police car.

I'm sorry, which version is the good version?

Reaction Score

You want to hear Bouk's version (the guy who was so drunk/drugged up with a gun in his hand passed out) over the police version of events? There was security and a bunch of police there, you think they all got together to concoct a sensational story about some no name NBA player?

Can you link to the photo where the guns in his hand while he's passed out or the report of drug test?

Reaction Score

Did he drive into a police car while passed out?

Reaction Score
I'm like to get some clarification. Was he passed out or was he driving into police cars.
Both. Every version of the story has been the cops found hin passed out in his car, took them almost an hour to wake him up, and upon waking up he resisted and drove into multiple police cars

Reaction Score
I'm like to get some clarification. Was he passed out or was he driving into police cars.
Security called the police because he was blocking access to the parking garage/lot and he was passed out with a gun in his hand. Police set up a perimeter around him and used a PA system, air horns, and flashing lights for an hour before Bouknight woke up. Upon waking up he disobeyed police commands for several minutes and ate food before he drove into two police cars, one in front of him and one behind him.

Reaction Score
1st James passed out with a gun in his lap is very concerning in regards to suicide. Why? Pressure that he feels and puts on himself. Is he able to deal with the struggle to live up to his draft status? 2nd If no one is going to effectively help him down there I think Dan Hurley should take a break from practice and go see him. Try and understand what is going wrong and "how can I help?". 3rd This pattern of DUI driving is going to end badly for James or innocent other drivers. He has to get help and stop doing this!

Reaction Score
Looks like section § 132-1.4 of the North Carolina Statutes, deals with Public Records.

If anyone cares to read through all the verbiage, it seems to provide guidelines on what information gets released to the public about a criminal investigation.

So, it should be forthcoming soon.

Until then, I offer no opinion as to what exactly happened because I don't know.

l

MyDorona

The Hebrew Hammer
Reaction Score
He is playing again tonight and he has started 0-3 to make him 0-8 on the year. I don't understand why they are letting him play through this. He clearly has to work on himself away from the game, and now it seems he is bringing his off-the-court stuff onto the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom