Bouknight arrested? | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Bouknight arrested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Remember when he signed his letter of intent Hurley said the staff was afraid that Duke or Kentucky were going to get involved and steal him? Maybe they realized the baggage just wasn’t worth it.
Yeah, no.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
I can’t believe Bouk owns a MK-19. Good for him.
Ugh. Posted this joke without reading most of the thread. Not so funny now.

I just hope he wants and gets real help before he seriously hurts or kills himself or someone else.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Oh so true and people turning blind eyes over the past 8 years, fully knowing Bouks shortcomings, who should have intervened, bear some sense of culpability. His issues started during HS/Prep and continued to escalate. A total shame
A lot of people would be surprised to find that people become alcoholics/addicts in HS or even middle school. Once you start forming the habit of self-medicating you are running away from reality (fear based). The detrimental effect on a developing mind of a youth more greatly insures that permanent damage will result. It is destroying our youth and has been for some time. The "big ego" is a smokescreen for low self esteem (you wouldn't like me if you knew what a s_____head I was).
More than a few of our former players have suffered from this along with other family problems. But for the grace of God go you and I.

Reaction Score
Because he had 0 accounts of "baggage" when he was a recruit (at least that I'm aware)...and you're implying that these other schools somehow had precognition to know to avoid this HS kid based on things he hadn't done yet
I see a Tom Cruise Minority Report sequel where he's a basketball recruiter!

Reaction Score
4 shots of liquor is = .08 and drops by .02 every hour, so if he was 1.4 he had more like 8/10 shots. Everyone lies, they’re better off not answering then admitting to a diminished amount. The breathalyzers speaks for itself in court. I can’t wait for the new “ potalyzers to become available next year. There’s going to be more tickets for that than alcohol. ( we install these for the state of Florida). Everyone thinks that you can drive stoned with a BS medical pot card. Alcohol is legal , you don’t need a card. you can’t drive shitfaced, they’re working on a limit for THC and determining over what period of time since you last smoked or ingested it. It’s a lot more complicated than alcohol which only gets ingested.

I think there is a lot more to BAC than alcohol x volume. Genetics, weight, gender, what is in your stomach at the time you ingest the drink, etc. He might be able to get to 1.4 if he ripped 4 shots quickly on an empty stomach.

Reaction Score
Does anyone have any clarity regarding the inconsistencies in the reporting? Specifically, multiple articles report that Bouk claimed to have had "four shots of tequila before driving home," even though we know he never drove anywhere, let alone home. I believe that wording was taken from the police report. I also recall seeing it reported somewhere that his car was "found" at a bus or train stop nearby sometime after the hour's worth of air horns and flashing lights. Obviously that doesn't jibe with anything else that was reported.

I am sure the first item is simply a case of poor wording when the intended meaning was more like, "four shots of tequila before leaving with the intent to go home." I have no idea what to make of the second one, though.

Reaction Score
Yeah, it would have. How? We will never know, but his story would certainly be different and hopefully better.

You can feel free to actually explain yourself and why you’re so certain rather than just saying it

Reaction Score
Does anyone have any clarity regarding the inconsistencies in the reporting? Specifically, multiple articles report that Bouk claimed to have had "four shots of tequila before driving home," even though we know he never drove anywhere, let alone home. I believe that wording was taken from the police report. I also recall seeing it reported somewhere that his car was "found" at a bus or train stop nearby sometime after the hour's worth of air horns and flashing lights. Obviously that doesn't jibe with anything else that was reported.

I am sure the first item is simply a case of poor wording when the intended meaning was more like, "four shots of tequila before leaving with the intent to go home." I have no idea what to make of the second one, though.
Unless I missed something, the reporting I saw was that at a minimum, he drunkenly drove his car into some cop cars.

Reaction Score
Bouk claimed to have had "four shots of tequila before driving home," even though we know he never drove anywhere, let alone home.
It's pretty clear he drove somewhere.

Reaction Score
Unless I missed something, the reporting I saw was that at a minimum, he drunkenly drove his car into some cop cars.
That is my understanding as well. When I said "he never drove anywhere," I meant he didn't leave the parking deck/garage.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'Cliff has been there every step of the way since he got here,” Bouknight said.'
https://www.heraldonline.com/sports/nba/charlotte-hornets/article267432222.html

darn tootin right thar.
the true story, thus far:
james acted a fool. got pinched, then let out on a $2500 bail ticket (which is a heckuva lot less than the pantload of tix i just got stuck paying for the upcoming games in da bronx). prolly gonna lose his license. prolly should.
james is currently both practicing and playing for Charlotte.

das it.

i once had 13 shots of takillsya in a club out on Fire Island. i know the amount cuz my pals told me later. got on my bicycle to pedal back to the hut. fell over into the tall grass by the side of the path and zonked out, aboot 500 or so feet from my intended destination -the bed. prolly blew chunks as well. found there the next day by a search party of pals, who were even more obliterated that eve, yet were far more skilled alky's than me.
don't drink and drive. ya might end up blowing chunks, and blowing into some gizmo.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's pretty clear he drove somewhere.
This whole time I just assumed the parking garage was located at the place he was drinking, but now I realize I might just be stupid, and the parking garage was near his home, explaining the "before driving home" quote. I still don't understand the mention of his car being found near a public transportation stop, but, on the other hand, I can't seem to find where I read that in the first place.

Reaction Score
This whole time I just assumed the parking garage was located at the place he was drinking, but now I realize I might just be stupid, and the parking garage was near his home, explaining the "before driving home" quote. I still don't understand the mention of his car being found near a public transportation stop, but, on the other hand, I can't seem to find where I read that in the first place.

I figured the parking deck was on or near whatever building he lives in when I read the article. Hard to say though.

Reaction Score
I figured the parking deck was on or near whatever building he lives in when I read the article. Hard to say though.
That definitely makes the most sense to me now. When I first heard the initial reports, I somehow got it in my head that he drank somewhere, walked to the garage where his car was parked, and passed out in the car while still in the garage. For some reason my brain clung to this scenario, such that when I read the "before driving home" quote, my brain said, "That is contradictory!" when in fact it should have said, "Oh, I guess my initial impression was wrong. He must have driven home and passed out in a parking garage near his apartment."

Reaction Score
2 separate media reports clarify where Bouknight was located/arrested.

"In documents obtained by (Charlotte's) Channel 9 Wednesday, CMPD said an officer found Bouknight unconscious in a parking area, blocking traffic on East Brooklyn Village Ave., across from Brevard Street. The officer said the car was running and in drive ...".

From a Charlotte Observer / MSN article: "He is also accused of hitting two police vehicles before his car was discovered near the Stonewall Station light rail stop just before 1 a.m. Sunday ...".
Note: a quick map search shows the Stonewall Station is in Charlotte's uptown (downtown) adjacent to the intersection identified in the TV news report above.

Forgetabout hoops, ideally James deals with whichever issues exist, he pursues, obtains, and continues working with whichever sources of help may be appropriate, and most importantly he avoids hurting himself, others, or worse. Wish him well.

Reaction Score
So Bouknight played last night? Played pretty well even...

If that's the case the arrest is a non issue. Other than it may indicate he's not putting in appropriate time to the improvement of his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom