Boston to South Carolina | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Boston to South Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
Where are all the posters that GUARANTEED Boston? She was a "lock". "can't miss", "100% going to UConn", "writing is on the wall", "Geno would have recruited somebody else", etc? UConn will NOT get a single player of Horston, Boston, Jones, Bueckers, or Fudd. just like I predicted. Just got the school wrong. Most kids do NOT want to play for a disciplinarian head coach like Auriemma these days!
It has nothing to do with Geno and everything to do with the conference UConn plays in. Geno is still an amazing coach... but when you don’t have the horses to pull you across the finish line...

Reaction Score
Somebody is losing his mojo to younger coaches....I mean it’s plain as day he’s lost some ‘connection’ on his recruiting fastball.

Reminds me of Barmore and LaTech all those years ago. Empires rise and fall but in the AAC there probably won’t be any comebacks.
So he gets 1 and 4 last year and he’s done incredible how many people are jumping off the wagon

Reaction Score
As we saw with the men's team, you can fall quickly from being an elite program. I'm more convinced that the AAC conference was the worst thing to happen to UConn basketball. Recruits know whats going on & they want to be part of rivalries & legacy, not play a bunch of meaningless games against poor competition. The conference is a complete joke & it hurt the last 2 final four teams as they were not prepared (mentally, physically, coaching-wise) when it counted against the best competition.

Reaction Score
Guess the gamecocks will be getting some new posters try the screen name of bandwaggoners

Reaction Score
It has nothing to do with Geno and everything to do with the conference UConn plays in. Geno is still an amazing coaching... but when you don’t have the horses to pull you across the finish line...
You may be on to something. Look at where all the top recruits are going now and what their chosen schools have in common. They're all P5 schools.

Reaction Score
So he gets 1 and 4 last year and he’s done incredible how many people are jumping off the wagon
He needs to get 1 and 4 every year to build a dominant bench/succession line considering the program’s legacy. Accept less and sooner than later you’re an also ran, especially given the garbage conference.

I wonder if the State’s financial problems have something to do with this. Lotsa people in these kids’ ears.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
UCONN will lose out on jones!! Watch jones sign with the gamecocks!!! UCONN future is over!!! Sadly genos recruiting style needs to change!!! Put all marbles into one bag.. no back up plan. If we lose out on jones then UCONN will be done a roster of 10... say juco or walk ons. UCONN dominance and dynasty is over. Sad day

calm down.jpg

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
It's not Geno it's the damn league - all the disciplinary BS is just that
The AAC in womens basketball is worse than the men
There isn't any good competition like ACC or Big 10 and others - that makes a huge difference
An interesting take. Let the aficionados weight in on its validity.

Reaction Score
Whoa.....UConn is really lagging on the recruiting this year it seems. Not good news for Miss. St. either.

I have read this exact comment many of the last 25 years. Still, Geno finds a way to get weak players like Stewie, Moriah, CW, Walker, etc.
I know they were written because I wrote one or two. I oft times point out; With Geno never say NEVER.
Old time song, long time forgotten: It ain't what ya got; it's the way how ya use it. That more than other words speak to Geno's abilities.

Reaction Score
Except that hasn’t stopped UCONN from running the WNBA draft.
Right, but UConn isn't the only school to put kids into the WNBA. IIRC only 3 Huskies went to the WNBA last year, so the rest of the draft must have come from somewhere else.

Reaction Score
EVERYONE---run, hold a trash can over your head. The sky is falling. Uconn will never recover from this insult of a High School kid selecting another school. Everyone paint your blue and white sweat shirts Maroon or Orange, quick.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Where are all the posters that GUARANTEED Boston? She was a "lock". "can't miss", "100% going to UConn", "writing is on the wall", "Geno would have recruited somebody else", etc? UConn will NOT get a single player of Horston, Boston, Jones, Bueckers, or Fudd. just like I predicted. Just got the school wrong. Most kids do NOT want to play for a disciplinarian head coach like Auriemma these days!
I think that you are on to something here. I have not seen a lot of SC games just ones vs UConn, some that are on ESPN or the SEC Network. But I did watch each of the two games from last year and Dawn is not what I would call a disciplinarian on the sidelines. She spent most of the time sitting in her seat with some stat sheet rolled up in her hand and occasionally getting up to say something to her team. Geno during games is just the opposite, very involved in telling the team to do something. I am not intending to say either one is wrong but I truly believe that today's athletes, except for a rare few, do not want to be driven if they can get by some other way. CW and ONO were the exceptions last year and there probably won't be any exceptions this year and as each year of this next generation of athletes comes and goes, there probably be fewer and fewer. Why work hard when you can achieve your goals in a much easier way? Call it my "Participation Medal" theory.
I also believe that with each incoming class, (and I am not trying to be sexist or politcal) more and more WCBB players are going to be more comfortable with a Female HC over a Male...it just seems to be the way the country is moving at the moment.
So it's time to enjoy 2018-2019 and hope that UConn once again wins their last game of the season.

Reaction Score
It's quite possible that Boston wanted to go away for college, and South Carolina geographically puts her closer to home. I mean we'll never know, but that's one way to look at her decision.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Right, but UConn isn't the only school to put kids into the WNBA. IIRC only 3 Huskies went to the WNBA last year, so the rest of the draft must have come from somewhere else.
Yup only 3 but wait, only 3 opted to enter the draft...hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom