Boston to South Carolina | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Boston to South Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
I've thought along those lines. There's literally nothing you can do at UConn that hasn't been done before. Multiple undefeated seasons. 4 straight Championships. Multiple All-American seasons and even multiple POY awards. It's ALL been done.
Yes. the Huskies have an impressive history, and it doesn't leave many new accomplishments at the school level. But recruits have a good chance to achieve team goals such as National Championships, and it means much more when you're a member of the team.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think in most people's minds, winning an inaugural title for South Carolina was a bigger achievement than winning 4 titles as a Husky given the state of the two programs at the time of her commitment. How many UConn fans predicted she would win even a single title in Columbia when she announced her commitment? She accomplished something amazing for them, really putting them on the map. Her choice of South Carolina is probably largely responsible for this year's incredible recruiting class.
The year before Wilson's arrival SC won the SEC regular season so the cupboard was not exactly bare they were definitely on the map. A'ja also did not arrive at SC alone she had another top 10 player in the class (White) joining her. Also don't forget the impact of the transfers Gray & Davis in winning that Championship. Wilson was outstanding for SC but let's not make her into Paul Bunyan.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
The year before Wilson's arrival SC won the SEC regular season so the cupboard was not exactly bare they were definitely on the map. A'ja also did not arrive at SC alone she had another top 10 player in the class (White) joining her. Also don't forget the impact of the transfers Gray & Davis in winning that Championship. Wilson was outstanding for SC but let's not make her into Paul Bunyan.
Then she shall be known as Pauline Bunyan !

Reaction Score
After watching last nights game does anyone think Ono and Boston could have played together? I’m guessing a high chance to start vs a chance at being a 3 year back up was a factor that pushed her to South Carolina.

Reaction Score
After watching last nights game does anyone think Ono and Boston could have played together? I’m guessing a high chance to start vs a chance at being a 3 year back up was a factor that pushed her to South Carolina.

Boston has a much more polished inside game and is much stronger on the boards.....................I doubt there are many teams (Baylor?) where she wouldn't be starting in the post as a freshman..................if anything she might have pushed ONO to the four at least part of the time.......

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
No disrespect but I laughed at this, If Boston would have committed, Geno would have spent many happy nights figuring out how to utilize both of their considerable talent at the same time. They are both so athletic that they could have interchanged positions based on the situation and the opponent.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
No disrespect but I laughed at this, If Boston would have committed, Geno would have spent many happy nights figuring out how to utilize both of their considerable talent at the same time. They are both so athletic that they could have interchanged positions based on the situation and the opponent.
Yea it not like Geno has never had two (or 3, or 4 ) really good post players on the roster at the same time.

Reaction Score
Yea it not like Geno has never had two (or 3, or 4 ) really good post players on the roster at the same time.

Yeah I get it, but to me Liv looks like she’ll be more of a low post scorer in the future, same with Boston, Ono reminds me of Jessica Moore/ Kiah Stokes, she also looks closer to 6’5 then 6’4.

Reaction Score
I think it is interesting to look back at threads like this. These are major events that have long term and lingering impacts. And this one looms even larger given what happened to poor Dorka today. Just heartbreaking.

And while we can't change the past, I think this specific event could echo for years, if not decades. As time has gone by, the landscape has become clearer. Staley is the John Thompson of the women's game. Just like Geno is the John Wooden. When Geno retires, we need a coach K. There will never be another Geno. Not just because he is a once in a lifetime figure but because the landscape has changed. Before Staley, Geno would have landed Boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom