Boston College Bus Packages On Sale | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boston College Bus Packages On Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We've sold 40 bus packages and 166 tickets thanks to everyone's efforts. Let's keep the momentum going! I've got a 50% deposit down on four buses so we'll have at least two buses for sure!

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
We've sold 40 bus packages and 166 tickets thanks to everyone's efforts. Let's keep the momentum going! I've got a 50% deposit down on four buses so we'll have at least two buses for sure!
do you know if you will be selling tailgate and game ticket packages yet?

Reaction Score
do you know if you will be selling tailgate and game ticket packages yet?

Still working on this but there won't be a discount associated with buying the two together. The TBD gametime is scaring off a lot of caterers but I'm also working with BC on getting something on campus.

Reaction Score
Bus #1 is nearly full. 190 group tickets sold.

Private tailgate on campus for up to 500 people confirmed. Still working on additional details, including costs and the possibility of including soft drinks/water, but:

Menu options may include BBQ pulled pork/chicken with traditional fixings, chicken parm and pasta, steak/chicken subs or "make your own" fajitas. The cash bar will feature beer and wine, along with assorted soft drinks.

Reaction Score
Ticket/tailgate packages are now on sale on the website- www.cfbtravel.com. $57/person includes $28 for the game ticket and then the tailgate is pretty much just a pass-through of what BC is charging me plus a few bucks to cover the fee that the website charges to process through PayPal.

Stand alone tailgates will be sold at a later date on a space-available basis; if you've already purchased tickets through me, send me a note (ryan@cfbtravel.com) if you're interested in adding a tailgate package for your group.

Quick update on the bus trip package-
105 people on the two buses (ALMOST FULL!) and 236 group tickets sold. We should be on bus #3 shortly which will allow us to add more stops.

Reaction Score
The post you've all been waiting for: stand-alone tailgates are now on sale for BC at my website (www.cfbtravel.com).

Our pre-game tailgate location will be on campus, located on the O'Neil Plaza in front of the O'Neil Library. Stand-alone tailgates will cost $25/person; tailgate/ticket package prices have been adjusted accordingly ($53/person). Total capacity is 500 and while this isn't exclusive to us as I previously was told, talking with the BC ticket office they haven't sold very many to BC fans as of right now so we need to sell these out before those pesky BC fans can get a hold of them. The 150 I just purchased for the bus group gives us a strong foothold already.

Note that the price will increase over time as we get closer to the game, so act fast! We've already reserved 220 tailgates (enough for four buses) so there are a limited number of tailgates for sale since I don't know how many BC has already sold.

The tailgating tent will open 3 hours before the game and close a half hour before the game. Tailgaters 21 or older must bring an ID to get a wristband to purchase alcohol.

Food is buffet style, and typical food menu items have included: clam chowder, chicken noodle soup, pulled pork sliders, pulled chicken sliders, cobb salad platter, vegetable medley, tortellini in white garlic sauce and chicken parm. The menu is usually confirmed two weeks in advance. Non-alcoholic beverages (water, lemonade, iced tea and coffee) are included.

A cash bar is available for beer ($4.50 draft and $5 bottles) and wine.

UPDATE ON THE BUS: we've sold two full buses and are now on bus #3. 143 total bus riders and 289 group tickets!

Reaction Score
Ryan, I just tried to order 3 standalone tailgate tickets, and it looks like your website is not updated yet.. could you verify please.. thanks..

Reaction Score
Ryan, I just tried to order 3 standalone tailgate tickets, and it looks like your website is not updated yet.. could you verify please.. thanks..

Lew- you need to scroll to the right in the cart. It's available but doesn't show up on the first page. I also changed the website so that more items appear on the buying page.

Sounds great - Quick question...are we allowed to bring our own alcohol?

On the bus, absolutely. To the tailgate, I wouldn't count on it but I'll ask.

Reaction Score
Lew- you need to scroll to the right in the cart. It's available but doesn't show up on the first page. I also changed the website so that more items appear on the buying page.

thanks Ryan, all set......

Reaction Score
Any idea how many tailgate & game tickets are left? Will these run out?
Bert- there's 500 total and I've sold 166 so far. Don't know how many are left since BC sells these as well, in a season package and on an individual game basis. Given how large our group is, it will likely sell out.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Thanks Ryan. Not sure what my group is going to do yet. There is pretty high interest in making it a full 'UConn Boston' day - football game by day (need TV corporation) and BU/UConn hockey by night. But that largely depends on TV and when the football game kicks off.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I got my receipt from paypal for the tailgate tickets. I have a couple of questions - sorry in advance if these are really rookie. This is the first time my friends and I are joining you.
1. Are you going to email tickets or something that I should show at the tailgate?
2. Where is the tailgate and when does it start?
3. Is there anything post-game?

Thanks! Really looking forward to a great day.

Reaction Score
I got my receipt from paypal for the tailgate tickets. I have a couple of questions - sorry in advance if these are really rookie. This is the first time my friends and I are joining you.
1. Are you going to email tickets or something that I should show at the tailgate?
2. Where is the tailgate and when does it start?
3. Is there anything post-game?

Thanks! Really looking forward to a great day.

Tailgate tickets will be mailed in advance. The tailgate is in front of the Library on campus and starts 3 hours before kickoff. Nothing post-game. 166 tailgates sold, 144 bus people and 335 group tickets!

Reaction Score
Only 12 seats left on bus #3! Get em while they're still available- there's no guarantee we'll end up with enough to get that 4th bus going before I need to pay for it in a few weeks.

Reaction Score
Only 12 seats left on bus #3! Get em while they're still available- there's no guarantee we'll end up with enough to get that 4th bus going before I need to pay for it in a few weeks.

OK - twisted my arm. 10 left.

Reaction Score
We are down to just nine seats left on Bus #3 to BC- act now to make sure your group gets a spot! Bus #4 isn't guaranteed AND prices go up once these nine seats are sold. Visit our website to buy packages: www.cfbtravel.com. We also have non-ticket bus options if you've already bought game tickets so that you can join us on the fun ride up!

For those that are heading up on their own, we still have plenty of game tickets right next to the UConn visitor's section for $7/ticket less! Join the other 365 people who are already in our group!

We also have a limited amount of space at our on-campus, BC-catered tailgate. BC hosts a tailgate a short walk from Alumni Stadium before every game and stops selling tailgates at 500 total people so act fast to guarantee your spot (we've already sold 186)!

Reaction Score
So if the game is at noon, does that mean the bus is going to leave at like 4 am or so? Or if it's a later game, like 7pm, the bus would be coming back at like 11?

Reaction Score
So if the game is at noon, does that mean the bus is going to leave at like 4 am or so? Or if it's a later game, like 7pm, the bus would be coming back at like 11?

We'll arrive three hours before the game to tailgate, so about 6am we'd leave the farther stops (Shelton, Torrington, Waterbury) and about an hour or so later from the farther ones (Manchester/Tolland).

On the way back, we'll leave after the game as soon as everyone is on the bus.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
We also have a limited amount of space at our on-campus, BC-catered tailgate. BC hosts a tailgate a short walk from Alumni Stadium before every game and stops selling tailgates at 500 total people so act fast to guarantee your spot (we've already sold 186)!

Questions about the tailgate - Is alcohol allowed, and if so is it provided or BYOB? Any idea what to expect for food?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom