Bob Diaco | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Bob Diaco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
excellent.gif

Reaction Score
I think Diaco is a great hire who will do a terrific job with the football team. I think he will push the program beyond what Edsall was able to accomplish.

>or<

This hiring will prove to be a big mistake. Diaco will do more damage to the program than Pasqualoni & DeLeone.

(Just covering my bases so that when either happens, I can say I called it on Day 1)

Reaction Score
Was thinking of downgrading to "top of the rent seats"...not anymore, love this guys energy...exactly what we needed...Love this hire...can't wait til spring game!!!

Reaction Score
Love the hire. Will be escastic if he keeps Weist around. Hopefully we will see an uptick in recruiting right away. Nice job Warde. I'm ready for my next three year commitment now.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
ASweetpost: 783920 said:
I think this is our guy. I like it. LOOK. AT. HIM. He even looks like Superman!

He looks like Toby McGuire

Reaction Score
Thank you Mr. Narduzzi for NOT becoming our HC here and now! You actually allowed us to hire the better candidate! Good luck with your continued assistant head coaching position at MSU...hopefully it doesn't last... too... too many years longer! :cool:

Sorry...couldn't resist!

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Nice find ruskin. Loved thus quote:

Defensive coordinator Bob Diaco’s ‘‘interception’’ of Brooklyn, N.Y., defensive end Ishaq Williams already is bigger than life in South Bend. When Notre Dame discovered the 6-5, 225-pound Williams — ranked 42nd nationally by ESPNU — was getting ready to visit Penn State two weeks ago, Diaco flew to New York overnight, went to Williams’ home at 4:30 a.m. and made his best pitch.

Diaco looks to have an excellent eye for talent and fitting players in the scheme. That is a great sign to me, as UConn isn't (yet) going after high 4-5 star guys.

Reaction Score
Good read on Diaco here from Cal site when they evaluated his candidacy there at the end of 2012 season.

http://www.californiagoldenblogs.co...aco-notre-dame-cal-bears-head-coaching-search

"Diaco picked up much of his defensive philosophy when he spent three seasons (2006-2008) as the Linebackers Coach under Al Groh at the University of Virginia. Groh is part of the Bill Parcells to Bill Bilichick coaching tree that has produced several top flight coaches such as Nick Saban."

Reaction Score
Is it pronounced 'jock-o' ?

If he pronounces it the way he pronounces Notre Dame, it's "Deee-ayyyyy-co" -- kind of like the cartoon character but with a C instead of a D.

Only joking because I get a kick from people who say, "n-O-tra d-A-me." If you're going to go Latin with it, then you have to say Dahm.

Reaction Score
As a Domer myself, great hire Warde! His players loved him at ND. His energy is perfect for what the program needs right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom