Bob Diaco | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Bob Diaco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
junglehusky said:
Let us know if you think TJ would still be a better HC than Diaco.

(Sorry, had to bust your bawls a little bit)

Yes, he would.

I'll let ya know when Diaco loses to BYU.

Reaction Score
Can't wait to see the bonuses in contract . . . . 'only' $1.5 million a year (for 1st year of 5 anyway) is very surprising.

Reaction Score
Diaco: Well, I'm off to Storrs.
Warde: Bob, we've prepared a plane for you.
Diaco: Plane? That won't be necessary.

comic320.gif

Reaction Score
I like the hire. He doesn't have an attacking defense, but they've been pretty good every year he's been there, so he must do something right.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Can't wait to see the bonuses in contract . . . . 'only' $1.5 million a year (for 1st year of 5 anyway) is very surprising.
I imagine that $1.5 is the pay for year one in the $9 million over five years that was reported Monday. I also believe that if things work out well, in a couple of years that contract will be ripped up and replaced with a better one.

Reaction Score
awesome, I hope he keeps Weist and Foley, he hardly has to touch the offense.

Reaction Score
As an RU fan, I wanted to chime in that this seems like a really terrific hire! Diaco was a guy that many of us had hoped would have been brought in after Schiano left (but we probably couldn't have paid him the $1.5 million you guys are rightfully shelling out). I'm sure he'll help to turn things around from the Pasqualoni era pretty quickly!

(A special thank-you also for leaving ND without a DC for our bowl game.)

Reaction Score
Diaco did a good job with ND's defense last year. Not so much this year, but we got hammered with injuries to the D-line and linebackers. No idea what his O would look like, but it will probably mirror Kelly's. A lot of ND fans thought Diaco was next in line for the ND job, so maybe a little HC experience will help that. Good luck with him, he seems like a good guy.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I couldn't be any more fired up than I am right now!!!! Hiring Diaco at the end of the day feels something like this…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom