Bob Diaco | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bob Diaco

Status
Not open for further replies.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
I'm very HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY . . . for my alma mater. THIS IS A GREAT HIRE for UConn. It feels right on so many levels. Nice job Warde and team!

IMAGE$1254E94532719C9A.gif

Reaction Score
Was Nutsack Narduzzi even number 1? Did Warde play us all? Is he actually in the Virgin Islands?

He was probably Plan B. When Diaco agreed in principle, they then allowed Narduzzi appear to be the turner-downer.

Or maybe, not. Just a WAG on my part (wild-ass guess).

Reaction Score
I like the hire, and much happier that it's him than TJ...but before we call him charismatic, I'd implore you to watch a few of his Youtube interviews...

The Broyles award speech was great though. He might just need to practice speeches more than give interviews. Seems like he may have had a stutter at a younger age.

Reaction Score
Gurleyman said:
He was probably Plan B. When Diaco agreed in principle, they then allowed Narduzzi appear to be the turner-downer.

Or maybe, not. Just a WAG on my part (wild-ass guess).

Looks like it's a good guess.

Reaction Score
Perhaps it's possible that Narduzzi withdrew when it became apparent Diaco was the guy? Then MSU's people leaked all of the info about him withdrawing? Probably not, but I suppose it's possible.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
@NDmom: @KevinNathanNBC heard Diaco to Uconn is a done deal. The team will love him. The ND guys did.

That's golics wife/ mom

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Was Nutsack Narduzzi even number 1? Did Warde play us all? Is he actually in the Virgin Islands?

I think Narduzzi couldn't even name 4 varieties of donuts.

LOVE THIS HIRE!!!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I never saw this coming. My unqualified opinion was ho-hum on Narduzzi and less than thrilled with Lembo. Diaco on the other hand is a way better choice than I expected.

With a Diaco here to take over the D, hopefully Weist sticks around and finishes what he started.

Fuch's, you ready to return to the better place?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Bruce Feldman: Notre Dame DC Diaco to be New UConn Head Coach

Notre Dame defensive coordinator Bob Diaco will be the new head coach at UConn, a source told CBS Wednesday. Diaco has agreed to a five-year deal that starts at $1.5 million per year.

The 40-year-old New Jersey native won the 2012 Broyles Award as the nation's top assistant coach, becoming the first Irish assistant coach to ever be honored with the award. His D ranked second in the FBS in scoring defense in '12 - allowing just 12.77 points per game. Diaco helped spark the Irish to a BCS title game appearance last season. This fall, ND went 8-4 and ranked No. 32 in scoring defense and No. 45 in total defense.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Ollie, Cavanaugh and Diaco. I know Ollie needs an asterick next to it, but not a bad year of hires all things considered. Actually a pretty damn good year.

All fit Warde's now well-established MO of hiring from proper stock.

He doesn't hire "Do you know who I am?" people. He hires "You know who I am." people. To be expected from a UM alum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom