Bob Diaco | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Bob Diaco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Already tweets about Notre Dame's recruiting reaction…Diaco can recruit guys.
Great hire Dooley,where are the clowns who laughed me off this board when I suggested him?He's from my neighborhood in Cedar Grove,NJ and a top NY/NJ recruiter?UConn will really recruit with the bigboys now!!Happy for youz guys and RU sticks with KF?

Reaction Score
"Recruit Andrew Trumbetti: Coach Diaco was at my house today and had me believe he was gonna be my coach, guess things change quickly"

The only thing that's changed, Andrew, is that now you're going to be playing for HCBD in a UConn uniform :)

Reaction Score
>>While Diaco’s reputation as a strategist is impressive, where he truly shines is in the locker room. A quick search on Twitter for Irish player reactions lets you know how deeply loved he was by his team. A fiercely intense leader who led with a passion that he demanded from his players, Diaco quickly got buy-in from a team by committing to positive coaching and rebuilding a group with a heavily damaged psyche.<<

http://irish.nbcsports.com/2013/12/11/bob-diaco-accepts-the-uconn-head-coaching-job/

Reaction Score
Funny how quickly I forgot all my disappointment about us not hiring Matt Nuzzi.
Great hire tzzzandrew,I suggested him 8 monthes ago and was laughed at by some here?Now they love it?He's from Cedar Grove,NJ in my neighborhood and the buzz will be back with quality recruits!!!I'm really excited about this guys!

Reaction Score
DDuggan2110:39pm via Web
Diaco agreed to a five-year contract starting at $1.5 million per year. By comparison, Kyle Flood signed a 5-year contract starting at $750K
RU talked to Vandy's HC Franklin last week and could'nt come to an agreement and did'nt think Narduzzi was a home run so decided "as usual" to stay or go on the CHEAP with KF until next thinking no one worth hiring was on the market this yr according to a friend on rivals premium board ??

Reaction Score
8EuN9yu.jpg

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Stuck at work, but tomorrow night beers are at risk.

Same here, Dish! I'm following all of this at 36,000 ft. on my way home from LA. I'd be faced by now if I didn't have to drive home from JFK. Beers aplenty come 5pm tomorrow!

Reaction Score
Diaco looks to have an excellent eye for talent and fitting players in the scheme. That is a great sign to me, as UConn isn't (yet) going after high 4-5 star guys.
They will now sooner than you think but to be reasonable there's only 20 or 30 5* types a year available and most go to the same 15 or so schools but all high 3s and a few 4s can be expected at least next yr!!

Reaction Score
I think uconn hit a home run! I think the head coach has to hire whoever he wants as assistants. Don't like it when AD's force a coach or coaches on a new head coach. I think a couple coaches should be retained from current staff but it has to decided by Diaco.

Reaction Score
OK, let's talk about Pete Lembo Bob Diaco. What kind of offense does he run? Defense? What style can we expect to see? is he charismatic? dull? does he develop talent? Or is he a better recruiter?
Let's go
Funny I love him and he's from my area in NJ but friends tell me kids love him but he is kinda shy?

pj

Reaction Score
RU talked to Vandy's HC Franklin last week and could'nt come to an agreement and did'nt think Narduzzi was a home run so decided "as usual" to stay or go on the CHEAP with KF until next thinking no one worth hiring was on the market this yr according to a friend on rivals premium board ??

Who's going to be on the market next year? Narduzzi is better than Flood. I suspect it's more likely they have a candidate in mind who may not be available yet. Greg Schiano?

Reaction Score
Who's going to be on the market next year? Narduzzi is better than Flood. I suspect it's more likely they have a candidate in mind who may not be available yet. Greg Schiano?
I really don't know yet who JH is looking to get but I'll keep you informed!Want to have some fun? I PMed you a few minutes ago about how RU's rivals board is blowing up at the hire of their favored son Haha check out the comments?The news moved like wildfire in NJ! Good for you guyz my friend!

Reaction Score

conspiracy3.jpg

Reaction Score
Love the hire. While it was fun to speculate and critique all the possibilities while waiting on pins and needles for the word, this hire is a home run in a lot of ways. Remember Susan Herbst trying to get excited about Coach P when he was foisted upon the school as she began her tenure? This time she'll be giddy. She wants this place to be more "Michigan than Maryland". She's a lot closer today than yesterday.This is also a hire that can come in and generate enthusiastic support from the money folks. That will clearly make her smile.

After the last few years of absolute disgust with where the coaches were taking the program, I feel reborn! Sitting in The Linc at Temple, freezing in an empty cavernous stadium staring at a scoreboard that read 21-0, I felt we were at the nadir of our football existance. But just as I was imploring my shivering wife and two grandsons not to leave early with these words "You can never give up hope on The Huskies", Tim Willman stripped the ball carrier and recovered the fumble right at the end of the half. That play will forever go down as the one in some strange karmic way that started Husky fortunes on their turn around. UConn 28--Temple 21 was as satisfying a win as any Bowl game I've been to and I've been to them all. And now, born of our final 3 wins and the hire of Coach Diaco, we have hope, realistic hope that we can turn it all around. Three weeks ago that was clearly not on the horizon. Thank you TJ and all the players that kept on fighting. They could have so easily packed it in on that bitter cold night in Philadelphia. But they didn't.

Last edited:

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I like this hire a lot. The only coach I'd absolutely love to see him retain is Foley. I do really like TJ, but I think there's just too much potential weirdness with TJW and his connection with the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom