Blauds: UConn/Cincy Leaning Towards C7 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Blauds: UConn/Cincy Leaning Towards C7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This would be the worst outcome possible. We MUST keep our football program alive. Amazing how short memories people have, but if Calipari was able to make it to the championship game as a member of C-USA, what's the worry about the basketball programs? If we do this, we can forget going to the B1G.

Reaction Score
I don't know enough to know whether or not Blaudschun is to be believed when he predicts things.

However, I know enough to know that this idea doesn't make sense. At all. Here's why:

The Mountain West contract is about to be siphened off by our friends in Boise, big time. The contract that would result for the remaining members (1-2 million?) would actually be significantly less than even the lower-end estimates of the NNBE (3-4 million per team low end). So we would essentially be taking less money......to join a western conference.....in order to add games to our basketball schedule that will most likely be added anyways?!?

If it looks like bull$#it, and it smells like bull$#it, and you see the bull walking away.....guess what? :confused:

I seem to remember some people speculating that the Catholics leaving was a power play to force UConn and Cincy to join the Catholics and leave the other football schools behind. The only way this makes sense, coming from the C7.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I seem to remember some people speculating that the Catholics leaving was a power play to force UConn and Cincy to join the Catholics and leave the other football schools behind. The only way this makes sense, coming from the C7.

Oh, I agree that it makes sense for the C-7, as they would be able to take that prospective 5 million per team from FOX and maybe turn it into 6+ with the additions of UConn, Cincy, etc. But it makes ZERO sense for UConn or Cincy. ZERO. It would be essentially abandoning their football programs, which as we all know, is the key to big conference expansion...

Reaction Score
I think there was a small, but important detail omitted in the OP's title. Here's the title of the article from the jersey guy...

UConn, Cincinnati leaning towards Catholic 7?

He's got nothing. He even states it in the title. All he's doing is asking a question and we're all trying to answer it.

Reaction Score
I'm not positive but think that might be a new "edit/addition"... does anyone else remember reading that in original post. I could have glossed over it.
I only caught it the second time after reading your post. Could of happened ...

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
He said he has sources. He said someone at Conn. is considering this.

Clearly this is what we said in the Big East meetings but only to buy time until the MD exit fee resolution and B1G movement. :)

Reaction Score
I'm not positive but think that might be a new "edit/addition"... does anyone else remember reading that in original post. I could have glossed over it.

I don't remember reading that either.

Reaction Score
Right from the article:

If that plays itself out in the next few weeks, two more Big East members, Cincinnati and Connecticut, may be ready to depart.

According to sources at Connecticut, some UConn officials were considering a plan which would keep the Huskies with the Catholic 7–Marquette, DePaul, St. John’s, Seton Hall, Georgetown, Villanova and Providence, as well as Cincinnati.

Ward Manuel, who was at the Big East meeting in Dallas, emphatically said that the Huskies’ intention was to keep all sports together in one league.

Reaction Score
Absolutely, Blaudshun dramatically edited his initial article/blog. Consequently, he significantly altered the content, context and meaning from the original entry to the current version. F0r example, the original was briefer, contained no information from Ward (sic) Manuel, and communicated UConn and Cinci are/ were pursuing a hybrid, CYO/MWC interim alternative. Based on new information, he edited his article/blog, potentially covered for his apparently incorrect, initial tracks, and it's now more consistent with the subject/title (leaning, ?).

Reaction Score
Story in the Courant has WM denying it. Also states:

Manuel was representing the school's athletic department. President Susan Herbst was unable to attend because of a prior commitment, so her chief of staff, Rachel Rubin, represented her office at the meeting.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Story in the Courant has WM denying it. Also states:

Manuel was representing the school's athletic department. President Susan Herbst was unable to attend because of a prior commitment, so her chief of staff, Rachel Rubin, represented her office at the meeting.

side bar- anyone else notice the lack of males in the presidents cabinet? i'm not arguing for anything or looking to hate, just interesting. maybe we can get atleast 1 hot female to boost our sec street cred?

Reaction Score
side bar- anyone else notice the lack of males in the presidents cabinet? i'm not arguing for anything or looking to hate, just interesting. maybe we can get atleast 1 hot female to boost our sec street cred?

Cabinet?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
C7 could be using Blauds as a way to create distrust at the nBE meeting. Pretty irresponsible of him to run this, which seems to be full of speculation and very short on certainty.

Reaction Score
Herbst support team ... you be the judge! Anyway, wonder if any other school presidents attended, e.g., Cinci's? Rachel Rubin, Chief of Staff to the President & Executive Secretary to the Board of Trustees, represented Herbst in Dallas.

Reaction Score
Herbst support team ... you be the judge! Anyway, wonder if any other school presidents attended, e.g., Cinci's? Rachel Rubin, Chief of Staff to the President & Executive Secretary to the Board of Trustees, represented Herbst in Dallas.

I don't want to diminish the job these people are doing but surely I'm not the only one who has noticed all those positions except chief of staff are secretarial. If anything, this speaks to how engrained the stereotype is.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I just threw up in my mouth a little. Okay, not a little. Alot.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And another thing that would suck royally about this. Fox Sports Speed Channel. I'm sorry, but if you're not on ESPN, you're not on.

This is how I know this is horrible. I agree with everything Upstater and Waylon have said.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
C7 could be using Blauds as a way to create distrust at the nBE meeting. Pretty irresponsible of him to run this, which seems to be full of speculation and very short on certainty.

His sources were from UConn.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Also if you don't think UConn is considering this you haven't paid attention. They are the penny wise pound foolish organization I've ever seen.

Of course they are thinking about the C7 basketball money combined with less expensive travel. If they find anyone to take the football program above the MAC they will do it.

Reaction Score
Okay, then I am encouraged that Uconn may be considering it. We should all be for it.

Reaction Score
I don't want to diminish the job these people are doing but surely I'm not the only one who has noticed all those positions except chief of staff are secretarial. If anything, this speaks to how engrained the stereotype is.
At this point in time, UConn's top and mid-level leadership is clearly neither all female nor even entirely lily white. Similarly, Herbst's administrative staff members likely view themselves as more professional than stereotyped 1970s-era secretaries.

To potentially diminish, confirm, or eliminate any individual's stereotypical hang ups, nothing prevents anyone from using the previously provided UConn web link to access information about the school's senior-level administration, deans, etc. It's a fairly diverse crew, yet not exactly full of HFD's desired hotties. ;)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He said he has sources. He said someone at Conn. is considering this.
Big Deal. People in this thread are divided about whether this is a good idea. Warde and most likely Sue Herbst are emphatically against it. So the head janitor is for it. That's an official source. Geez! And Warde had to make this clear because they are close to getting the ducks in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom