Blauds: UConn/Cincy Leaning Towards C7 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Blauds: UConn/Cincy Leaning Towards C7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The end of UConn sports. Anything that kills football (I'm talking about the MAC) permanently isolates UConn with the non-BCS schools and eventually kills off basketball as well--because it's going to happen to G'town and all the rest.

If UConn is looking for this, then Herbst and Manuel are out of their depths.
I disagree, this would be the best move Herbst and Manuel can make. Hope it happens. Preservation of our BB program is the most responsible move they can make at this time.

Reaction Score
The end of UConn sports. Anything that kills football (I'm talking about the MAC) permanently isolates UConn with the non-BCS schools and eventually kills off basketball as well--because it's going to happen to G'town and all the rest.

If UConn is looking for this, then Herbst and Manuel are out of their depths.

I generally agree...the ONLY way this works is with a MW+Cincy+SMU+Houston+USF+UCF invite in football (I believe that would give the MW 18 for football, assuming SDSU is also goes back to MW...the MW could go to 20 if they added BYU and Temple, for example).

While BB is our crown jewel, FOOTBALL drives the bus. So I sure hope UConn would ONLY consider joining the C7 AFTER they have found a good home for football, not the other way around.

If football isn't protected/developed, you can forget UConn ever getting to a Big 5 conference.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
KevinRDuffy 5:51pm via Twitter for iPhone
UConn AD Warde Manuel said there has been no conversation btwn Uconn and Catholic 7 or mountain west, per a school official

KevinRDuffy 5:52pm via Twitter for iPhone
Manuel also said, through a school official, that a move to catholic 7 or mountain west is "nothing we would consider"

AmoreCourant 5:52pm via Twitter for iPhone
#uConn as warde Manuel, though spokesman, said joining catholic 7 in bb and mt west in fb "is nothing we would consider"

holy fruck, why would he ever come out and even acknowledge the jersey guys bull poop blog. wtf is going on....

i come up with better on here that he does for god sakes.

Reaction Score
I disagree, this would be the best move Herbst and Manuel can make. Hope it happens. Preservation of our BB program is the most responsible move they can make at this time.

You are confident then that the BCS schools will not split off and form their own basketball?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I'll go out on a limb... and say that Blaud's sources for this story might not be at UConn and Cincy but rather in the C7 schools. Or maybe he has sources in the MWC schools who would be trying to further destabilize the Aresco negotiations with TV partners. But I doubt this since he predicted Boise and SDSU would remain with the BE a day or two before Boise officially went back to the MWC (I think he also didn't write much, at all, about the terms of Boise's deal before it became public).

Reaction Score
holy fruck, why would he ever come out and even acknowledge the jersey guys bull poop blog. wtf is going on....

i come up with better on here that he does for god sakes.

I wanna see Blaud explain it away ... At least "they" didn't mention it by name.

NeillOstrout 5:57pm via TweetDeck
#UConn official refutes story of school having contact with Catholic 7 and MWC, splitting hoops/FB "it's nothing we would consider

Reaction Score
Wait a minute!!!! Are you saying he doesn't have sources????

Well, he was on a roll. Now he sucks and gave me a heart attack. He got the scoop from DeFilippo, then named the additions to the league, then gave us Louisville 3 days before it was announced (thereby letting me come down slowly). Now he blew it on this one!

Reaction Score
I'll go out on a limb... and say that Blaud's sources for this story might not be at UConn and Cincy but rather in the C7 schools. Or maybe he has sources in the MWC schools who would be trying to further destabilize the Aresco negotiations with TV partners. But I doubt this since he predicted Boise and SDSU would remain with the BE a day or two before Boise officially went back to the MWC (I think he also didn't write much, at all, about the terms of Boise's deal before it became public).

Is that gullible to believe the Catholics?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Here is how it will work out.

1) UConn and Cincinnati try to have it both ways.

2) SMU and Houston realize their ship is sinking and UConn and Cincinnati are D-Bags, call MWC, offer to move all sports.

3) MWC membership votes on UConn and Cincy for football only, neither get 3/4's approval, then vote on SDSU, SMU and Houston for all sports, add those schools.

4) UConn and Cincinnati manage to make a bad situation worse.
Well that was a cheerful post. I agree it is possible, though if we were to try to go through with this plan.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
you guys are reading this wrong. why on earth would uconn heads say anything about this? the only time school heads shoot things down is when?

Reaction Score
you guys are reading this wrong. why on earth would uconn heads say anything about this? the only time school heads shoot things down is when?

reading what wrong?

Reaction Score
tumblr_ly6liicYFg1qzzwmb.gif

Reaction Score
I wanna see Blaud explain it away ... At least "they" didn't mention it by name.

NeillOstrout 5:57pm via TweetDeck
#UConn official refutes story of school having contact with Catholic 7 and MWC, splitting hoops/FB "it's nothing we would consider
Bauds stated as much in his article "Others, including UConn Athletic director Ward Manuel, who was at the Big East meeting in Dallas, emphatically said that the Huskies’ intention was to keep all sports together in one league." Blauds never mentioned Uconn was considering. He only mentioned C7 interested. Which likely isn't accurate. Unfortunately.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I don't know enough to know whether or not Blaudschun is to be believed when he predicts things.

However, I know enough to know that this idea doesn't make sense. At all. Here's why:

The Mountain West contract is about to be siphened off by our friends in Boise, big time. The contract that would result for the remaining members (1-2 million?) would actually be significantly less than even the lower-end estimates of the NNBE (3-4 million per team low end). So we would essentially be taking less money......to join a western conference.....in order to add games to our basketball schedule that will most likely be added anyways?!?

If it looks like bull$#it, and it smells like bull$#it, and you see the bull walking away.....guess what? :confused:

Reaction Score
Bauds stated as much in his article "Others, including UConn Athletic director Ward Manuel, who was at the Big East meeting in Dallas, emphatically said that the Huskies’ intention was to keep all sports together in one league." Blauds never mentioned Uconn was considering. He only mentioned C7 interested. Which likely isn't accurate. Unfortunately.

I'm not positive but think that might be a new "edit/addition"... does anyone else remember reading that in original post. I could have glossed over it.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
reading what wrong?

any time school heads come out and deny something it either
a-is going to happen
b-was given serious thought therefore the article was true
c-is a good idea that wont happen so they dont want to look bad

Reaction Score
any time school heads come out and deny something it either
a-is going to happen
b-was given serious thought therefore the article was true