Big East coaches going casual | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Big East coaches going casual

Reaction Score
pretty sure that's a UNC "salute to service" hoodie. you see camo salute to service gear on NFL sidelines all the time. not sure why it's an issue here.

It's all about selling merchandise - not honoring anything.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
It's all about selling merchandise - not honoring anything.
download.jpg

For cryin' out loud, I was just pointing out that the guy wasn't wearing a "duck dynasty" jacket, but a piece of sanctioned salute to service gear. FWIW my dad fought in WW2, my brother in Vietnam, and one of my closest friends is a permanently disabled Vietnam vet who very nearly died and spent more than a year in VA hospitals when he got home. You can spare me the righteousness...I don't think you have any legit beef with me. Jeez.

Reaction Score
View attachment 70938
For cryin' out loud, I was just pointing out that the guy wasn't wearing a "duck dynasty" jacket, but a piece of sanctioned salute to service gear. FWIW my dad fought in WW2, my brother in Vietnam, and one of my closest friends is a permanently disabled Vietnam vet who very nearly died and spent more than a year in VA hospitals when he got home. You can spare me the righteousness...I don't think you have any legit beef with me. Jeez.

I don't have a beef with you (or anyone who goes out and buys a piece of sanctioned service gear). We all have our individual sensibilities and I respect that, but you did state that you didn't understand why some people might take issue to the camo gear, and I answered. If it came off as righteous, it wasn't intended that way.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I met him at the 2004 Final Four. He was wearing a matching sweatsuit—possibly velour—and had a drink in each hand.
Did he tuck one drink between his chin & chest to shake your hand, elbow bump, or do a foot kick? Any of them would risk a spilled drink.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
well this is gonna make somebody's head assplode...

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I say just don't look like a slob, like Huggy Bear.
I’d say his troubles are 50% the clothes and 50% what’s going on underneath them. He’s not flattering his curves with that mock neck action.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

You can spend $60 on a camo hoodie and have $3-$12 of that go to a military-themed charity while looking like a peen wearing the thing, or you could give that charity $60.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
You can spend $60 on a camo hoodie and have $3-$12 of that go to a military-themed charity while looking like a peen wearing the thing, or you could give that charity $60.
I do give to charities that support active duty military and PTSD suffers directly. I also dedicate time to our local Veterans Day celebration and Project Healing Waters. Let me ask you, do you own any team gear where zero dollars went to charities? I'm guessing you do. But having $3-12 go to charity vs nothing is somehow offensive to you? Who's the peen? I truly don't understand what your problem is here. I'll bow out of this stupid conversation now.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I do give to charities that support active duty military and PTSD suffers directly. I also dedicate time to our local Veterans Day celebration and Project Healing Waters. Let me ask you, do you own any team gear where zero dollars went to charities? I'm guessing you do. But having $3-12 go to charity vs nothing is somehow offensive to you? Who's the peen? I truly don't understand what your problem is here. I'll bow out of this stupid conversation now.
Yes I do. It's called "officially licensed UConn merchandise".

My "problem" is military fetishism and faux patriotism in sports if that wasn't abundantly clear. Neither is necessary to support those who serve.

That said, good on you for doing what you do. You don't need a camo hoodie to be a good guy.

Reaction Score

Why do you see criticism of companies profiting from our veteran’s sacrifices (and the natural inclination of people to open their wallets) as a personal attack?

You obviously don’t agree with that perspective, but consider that before you see a NFL coach wearing it on the sidelines, it was discussed, financially analyzed, designed, licensed, mass manufactured and distributed to retailers. All predicated on improving the almighty bottom line. Nothing inherently wrong with that - heck it’s essential to pay attention to the bottom line. Yet to some of us, this comes across as using the veterans as a way to sell merchandise, and we find it off putting and distasteful.

There are also those that think it is disrespectful for anyone other than actual military personnel to wear military gear as if they can somehow belong to the brotherhood without making the same sacrifices.

You don’t have to agree, (and surely there are valid counterpoints),but surely you can see that perspective as something other than a personal attack.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So Hurley is squarely in the suit camp. But no ties. That works.
That's where a lot of people are now. Of course these days a lot of people are in this group as well...
Work Working GIF by Film Riot

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yes I do. It's called "officially licensed UConn merchandise".

My "problem" is military fetishism and faux patriotism in sports if that wasn't abundantly clear. Neither is necessary to support those who serve.

That said, good on you for doing what you do. You don't need a camo hoodie to be a good guy.
Uh oh:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Did everyone here forget that we played MSU on an aircraft carrier and I believe were similarly attired at the time?

Side note: lots of really sharp looking UConn hockey jerseys at the game last night. I was tempted to buy one. I feel like it’s a nice piece of game attire no matter the sport, not as hot as a sweatshirt.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Did everyone here forget that we played MSU on an aircraft carrier and I believe were similarly attired at the time?

Side note: lots of really sharp looking UConn hockey jerseys at the game last night. I was tempted to buy one. I feel like it’s a nice piece of game attire no matter the sport, not as hot as a sweatshirt.
pro tip: UConn hockey jerseys are the thing. get sum.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom