Big East basketball on FoxSports | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Big East basketball on FoxSports

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Why is upstater so angry about Creighton? What did they ever do to anyone?

They have a great fanbase. That they won't get as many people to NYC from half a country away than UConn can with 90 minutes on a train... this is bothering you?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Z,

How are FS2's ratings compared to ESPN3?

I believe people are eligible for ESPN3 than FS2. It would depend on the sport for ESPN3...but, given the low bar to meet, it's probably much closer than you assume.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

If only you could read we wouldn't have this idiocy. This is what I wrote: "When UConn/Cuse were playing, 12,000 fans from each school were in the building. Unless they were playing one another."

Reaction Score
Why is upstater so angry about Creighton? What did they ever do to anyone?

They have a great fanbase. That they won't get as many people to NYC from half a country away than UConn can with 90 minutes on a train... this is bothering you?

As usual, you make stuff up. Who said it bothers me? Who said I was angry? Do you have friends with whom you discuss things? I doubt it.
Long before Creighton joined the BE, I wrote they are a paper tiger on this board. Always have been. They've been ranked very high for several years now, after flopping in the OOC and the tourney. Easy conference schedule gets them ranked high. If they could pull a Butler, George Mason, VCU or Wichita St., or heck a Valparaiso just once in 30 years, I'd give them more credit.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
As usual, you make stuff up. Who said it bothers me? Who said I was angry? Do you have friends with whom you discuss things? I doubt it.
Long before Creighton joined the BE, I wrote they are a paper tiger on this board. Always have been. They've been ranked very high for several years now, after flopping in the OOC and the tourney. Easy conference schedule gets them ranked high. If they could pull a Butler, George Mason, VCU or Wichita St., or heck a Valparaiso just once in 30 years, I'd give them more credit.

Oh you are arguing with voices in your head. You are going on and on about Creighton when nobody is saying anything beyond they have a good fanbase.

They went to the second round the last two years losing to Duke and North Carolina. That is pretty embarrassing.

But keep telling us how you sniffed out Creighton isn't that great Nostradamus. Nobody has argued the opposite but I think you should reinforce a few more times how you were all over it.

Reaction Score
Oh you are arguing with voices in your head. You are going on and on about Creighton when nobody is saying anything beyond they have a good fanbase.

They went to the second round the last two years losing to Duke and North Carolina. That is pretty embarrassing.

But keep telling us how you sniffed out Creighton isn't that great Nostradamus. Nobody has argued the opposite but I think you should reinforce a few more times how you were all over it.

Jeez, don't have an aneurism. Calm down.

Yes, they haven't done well in the tourney in 30 years. I know you're very impressed by that, but I think it's no big deal.

As for who brought up Creighton, it wasn't me. It was the PCs. Get a clue.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Jeez, don't have an aneurism. Calm down.

Yes, they haven't done well in the tourney in 30 years. I know you're very impressed by that, but I think it's no big deal.

As for who brought up Creighton, it wasn't me. It was the PCs. Get a clue.

Yes, I'm very impressed by what Creighton did in the NCAA tournament the last 30 years. Who makes things up?

You said that you have been calling out Creighton as a paper tiger - I merely pointed out that they had two recent teams that were somewhat well regarded and they lost to Duke and North Carolina in the second round.

The PCs brought them up in the context of attendance and support and you are still railing about your impressive prediction that an MVC team that gets dealt tough seeds doesn't usually go far in the tournament. That's super insightful. Thank God you were all over it.

zls44

Reaction Score

You really think that many people know where/if there's FS2? For one thing, it's not as widely available, while one is available on every electronic device under the sun.

zls44

Reaction Score
If only you could read we wouldn't have this idiocy. This is what I wrote: "When UConn/Cuse were playing, 12,000 fans from each school were in the building. Unless they were playing one another."

I agree that you implied each school brought 12,000 each. Just admit you made an accounting error and move on.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

You are wrong on almost every point you make. So going to the Final Four is all the matters? How many of UConn's current conference mates have ever been to one? Cincinnati's last was over 20 years ago, and Memphis has not sniffed the second weekend since the squid stopped hiring test takers.

You want to see grim ratings? Wait for UConn/UCF or UConn/ECU next year.

Go to a UConn game. The Gampel was 2/3's full on Sunday. 5 years ago, the Gampel is packed for a Sunday afternoon game. There is no energy left in the fan base, and we are just entering purgatory. Wait until the casual fans start to realize they are in a southern mid-major football conference without a single true rival. By the time any conference thinks about expanding, UConn will be off the radar. The fan base gone, and the athletic program killed.

Reaction Score
You are wrong on almost every point you make. So going to the Final Four is all the matters? How many of UConn's current conference mates have ever been to one? Cincinnati's last was over 20 years ago, and Memphis has not sniffed the second weekend since the squid stopped hiring test takers.

Go to a UConn game. The Gampel was 2/3's full on Sunday. 5 years ago, the Gampel is packed for a Sunday afternoon game. There is no energy left in the fan base, and we are just entering purgatory. Wait until the casual fans start to realize they are in a southern mid-major football conference without a single true rival. By the time any conference thinks about expanding, UConn will be off the radar. The fan base gone, and the athletic program killed.

Thank you Debbie Downer. Why bother with The Boneyard? You are obviously a miserable person, so take your negativity somewhere else. The Rutgers board is looking for subscribers.

I am a UConn fan and I will support UConn. We play some great teams this year. We have a great team. I am enjoying this season as I enjoy every season and I will continue to send my donation supporting UConn athletics.

Reaction Score

Nelson, your attendance estimate for the past Sunday game is more than a little bit off. There were well over 8,000 in attendance. 2/3 full means 1 in 3 seats were empty. Not even close.

Reaction Score

Never said going to a F4 is all that matters. The Squid left Memphis less than 5 years ago. You're saying Memphis hasn't made it in 5 years? Is that bad? What I did say is that these perennial conference champs should try to make it out of the first round once in a while, something Creighton is practically incapable of doing. I think I've seen Cincy do it recently and Memphis too. And Temple.But yet year after year we see Creighton (and frankly, a good many Plains/Mountain West/Big Sky teams) run up gaudy records and exit quickly. Why is this relevant? Because if form holds, those 2k Creighton fans will be twiddling thumbs after the first game or so.

UConn plays UCF this year. Why not this year? bet the ratings are good. 2/9/13. ESPN2. The ratings will destroy FS1s. I'll bet you on it.

You didn't even watch the game Sunday. It was 90% full. 5 years ago for a Fall Sunday afternoon game at Gampel, when UConn won 79-73 (I believe this was the Jeremy Lin game), the attendance was lower than it was this past Sunday.

Reaction Score
Yes, I'm very impressed by what Creighton did in the NCAA tournament the last 30 years. Who makes things up?

You said that you have been calling out Creighton as a paper tiger - I merely pointed out that they had two recent teams that were somewhat well regarded and they lost to Duke and North Carolina in the second round.

The PCs brought them up in the context of attendance and support and you are still railing about your impressive prediction that an MVC team that gets dealt tough seeds doesn't usually go far in the tournament. That's super insightful. Thank God you were all over it.

Tough seeds? Really? My God. They are ranked top 15 every other year and get a 5 seed. Losses to Nevada, Central Michigan, man, since 1975 they have been in the NCAAs 14 times (very impressive) and never once made the S16 (very unimpressive for a team regularly ranked in the top 25). In fact, that's pathetic.

Reaction Score
I agree that you implied each school brought 12,000 each. Just admit you made an accounting error and move on.

Another guy who can't read.

I did say they brought 12,000 each. Except when they play each other. It's right there in my post. What's the matter with you?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Tough seeds? Really? My God. They are ranked top 15 every other year and get a 5 seed. Losses to Nevada, Central Michigan, man, since 1975 they have been in the NCAAs 14 times (very impressive) and never once made the S16 (very unimpressive for a team regularly ranked in the top 25). In fact, that's pathetic.

Really you were railing against them in 2003 when they lost to Central Michigan? That's the only NCAA tourney game they lost as a higher
seed this century.

2013 - 7
2012 - 8
2007 -10
2005 - 10
2003 - 6
2002 - 12
2001 - 10
2000 - 10
1999 - 10

Look at all those 5 seeds they get. Did you mean 5x2 seeds?

Teams with those seeds would be expected to win 3 games over those 9 tourneys. They won 4.

They really underperform the great seeds they get.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Never said going to a F4 is all that matters. The Squid left Memphis less than 5 years ago. You're saying Memphis hasn't made it in 5 years? Is that bad? What I did say is that these perennial conference champs should try to make it out of the first round once in a while, something Creighton is practically incapable of doing. I think I've seen Cincy do it recently and Memphis too. And Temple.But yet year after year we see Creighton (and frankly, a good many Plains/Mountain West/Big Sky teams) run up gaudy records and exit quickly. Why is this relevant? Because if form holds, those 2k Creighton fans will be twiddling thumbs after the first game or so.

UConn plays UCF this year. Why not this year? bet the ratings are good. 2/9/13. ESPN2. The ratings will destroy FS1s. I'll bet you on it.

You didn't even watch the game Sunday. It was 90% full. 5 years ago for a Fall Sunday afternoon game at Gampel, when UConn won 79-73 (I believe this was the Jeremy Lin game), the attendance was lower than it was this past Sunday.

I was in the stands on Sunday. 2/3's full is a very fair characterization of the crowd.

The Big East will have at least double the Final Four teams over the next 10 years than the AAC. In fact, I don't see an AAC school outside of UConn making the Final Four in the next 10 years.

Reaction Score
By the time any conference thinks about expanding, UConn will be off the radar. The fan base gone, and the athletic program killed.

Maybe you should lead the way.

The guy who wants to kill football is pretending to be worried about UCONN being off the radar.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Really you were railing against them in 2003 when they lost to Central Michigan? That's the only NCAA tourney game they lost as a higher
seed this century.

2013 - 7
2012 - 8
2007 -10
2005 - 10
2003 - 6
2002 - 12
2001 - 10
2000 - 10
1999 - 10

Look at all those 5 seeds they get. Did you mean 5x2 seeds?

Teams with those seeds would be expected to win 3 games over those 9 tourneys. They won 4.

They really underperform the great seeds they get.

My god, just ONCE in 14 tries I'd hope they get to a sweet 16. ONCE. Especially after being ranked in the top 25 for much of the season.

It's been since 1975. That's 38 years. Of ineptitude.

Reaction Score
I was in the stands on Sunday. 2/3's full is a very fair characterization of the crowd.

The Big East will have at least double the Final Four teams over the next 10 years than the AAC. In fact, I don't see an AAC school outside of UConn making the Final Four in the next 10 years.

You were wrong about attendance this past Sunday and wrong about attendance on a Sunday 5 years ago.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Don't you have to emerge at least once before you can re-emerge?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You were wrong about attendance this past Sunday and wrong about attendance on a Sunday 5 years ago.

2/3's is about right as far fannies in seats go for the Sunday game. It was even worse for the 1st game. The thing is all of those empty seats in the upper end zone are student seats that they count as sold for announced attendance purposes, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom