Best 2015 WCBB Players By Position... | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Best 2015 WCBB Players By Position...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Point Guard: Probably Lexie Brown needs to be on the list someplace and maybe Allen at #2.

2 Guard: Seems to be a dearth of these this year so there might be a chance for a incoming freshman like Patberg to emerge, but I think Mabrey at ND needs to be on the list. I'm assuming that Samuelson will mostly play the 3, but if she can defend well enough may see some time at the 2. If she shoots like she has so far in her career she could make that list by the end of the year at either the 2 or at forward. Might make similar arguments for Collier. ( I know, that's a lot of ifs and I really do expect that they will both play more wing/small forward.)
Forwards: Tuck, Davis, DeShields and Graves should be ahead of Wilson, and probably Stevens and Powers.

Center:Alleyne, Turner are both better than Coates, who is seriously overrated in my view. Stafford-McGee needs to be there as well.
Brown will be sitting out this year so isn't eligible.

Reaction Score
Point Guard: Probably Lexie Brown needs to be on the list someplace and maybe Allen at #2.

2 Guard: Seems to be a dearth of these this year so there might be a chance for a incoming freshman like Patberg to emerge, but I think Mabrey at ND needs to be on the list. I'm assuming that Samuelson will mostly play the 3, but if she can defend well enough may see some time at the 2. If she shoots like she has so far in her career she could make that list by the end of the year at either the 2 or at forward. Might make similar arguments for Collier. ( I know, that's a lot of ifs and I really do expect that they will both play more wing/small forward.)
Forwards: Tuck, Davis, DeShields and Graves should be ahead of Wilson, and probably Stevens and Powers.

Center:Alleyne, Turner are both better than Coates, who is seriously overrated in my view. Stafford-McGee needs to be there as well.

1) Incoming freshmen (KatieLou, Napheesa, Durr, etc) and those who did not play last year (DD) were not considered, but even if they were and we speculated on what they might possibly accomplish at the next level... Patberg in the top ten? No way, Jose.
2) I think there were high expectations for Mabrey this past year, but the results were disappointing, I'd say. Incredibly one-dimensional player. Non-factor in big games.
3) The four best 'forwards' in the nation last year, hands down, were Stewie, Tuck, Stevens and Powers. Period.
4) After further consideration, I am wrong, and you are definitely right concerning the centers. I'd like to change my lousy center ratings and place both Turner and Alleyne ahead of Coates. Saw her play only once, but Alleyne's stats were incredible. Stafford-McGee, meh. She was effective against under-sized posts, but when she came up against comparable size, she disappeared- so, no.
-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01