Beer | Page 143 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the Beer Thread!

I had a few in me last night. My apologies to all.

Last night I had Haze, Alter Ego, Green, Bright, and Bright w/Nelson. No, not that Nelson. I may have had more than one of each. The Brights are ok but I think next time I’m gonna pass of them.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
New England Gold Stock Ale, from the first iteration of New England Brewing when it was in Norwalk, was an excellent beer from the first wave of the craft beer explosion. Ipswich IPA and Smuttynose IPA are probably the first examples I can think of for NEIPAs, back when each used to be cloudy, hazy beers. Can’t remember when McNeil’s started but he took it to another level. The style has come a long way since then but those were damn good beers in their primes.
Did you know that reverend Wilson’s son was the smuttynose brewer?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I did not. Cool.

Yup always great times when the local minister shows up at your parents house with cases of free beer for years. I miss those people. They unfortunately are having a real tough go of it right now.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yup always great times when the local minister shows up at your parents house with cases of free beer for years. I miss those people. They unfortunately are having a real tough go of it right now.
Sorry to hear that. I've barely been to any church since he retired because I haven't found anyone else to whom I'm interested to listen.

Reaction Score

Last night I had Haze, Alter Ego, Green, Bright, and Bright w/Nelson. No, not that Nelson. I may have had more than one of each. The Brights are ok but I think next time I’m gonna pass of them.

Always acceptable an apology after being drunk (even if not directed toward me). I've been there many a time. I'm embarrassed I was so triggered and irrational while NOT being drunk.

Sounds like you got drunk on some high quality beers. Proceed as this thread is to be about the beer, and not our egos, and I'd hate to be responsible for ruining this thread.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
C1E91D9B-5EA2-454B-BED6-2654686DA151.jpeg
Dont get triggered jbone but I’ve got this bad boy slated for later

Reaction Score
Seriously. It's the one thread on the Boneyard where you can escape the craziness that permeates the rest of the board. And now you guys ruined it.
The grill thread is pretty civil. Oops!

Reaction Score

I'm skeptical. After 3 treehouses the normal human being stops. 5 is excessive

Reaction Score
I’ll let my 8 year old know you don’t approve of what she takes to school for lunch.

Tell her you're a bad father. Kids benefit from the healthy fat in whole milk and no adult should be drinking Miller High Life. Send that Shiat back to the 70's

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What a disgrace. Who chills their bottled water?

I was a little surprised to find out you are one of these grapefruit IPA swillers.

I'm not surprised that B1D would stop by and pick up a four pack of pumpkin beer on the way home from buying his JUUL pods, but I suspected you'd be the kind of guy who drinks beer favored by the men who built this country with iron and braun.

Reaction Score
I was a little surprised to find out you are one of these grapefruit IPA swillers.

I'm not surprised that B1D would stop by and pick up a four pack of pumpkin beer on the way home from buying his JUUL pods, but I suspected you'd be the kind of guy who drinks beer favored by the men who built this country with iron and braun.

As usual, whaler comes along and ruins a perfectly fine thread.

Reaction Score
View attachment 29362 Dont get triggered jbone but I’ve got this bad boy slated for later

Oh I drink snow beer too. I'm more concerned about why you only have 1. That won't even leave a mark. How are you supposed to drunk post after just 1 3% beer? Get your snow together and fill an extra mini fridge like me.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
So there's no way I'm wading through this entire thread, but need some direction. I've recently acquired a taste for New England (i.e., unfiltered) IPA, and would like to get some guidance.

What's the best readily available New England IPA?

Do any of the New York breweries (I'm NYC-based now) do a good New England IPA?

Thanks in advance, you alcoholics.

Reaction Score
@Matrim55

Lately headway by counterweight brewing out of Hamden has been my go to. Replaced sea hag as i got tired of searching out sip of sunshine (more readily available now but doesn't have same allure for me it once had but still great if you can find it).

Grey sail people seem to like a lot also although I'm not a huge fan of it. Trailblazer is another good one from ct if you come across it. There a lot of good one now the market is flooded

Reaction Score
So there's no way I'm wading through this entire thread, but need some direction. I've recently acquired a taste for New England (i.e., unfiltered) IPA, and would like to get some guidance.

What's the best readily available New England IPA?

Do any of the New York breweries (I'm NYC-based now) do a good New England IPA?

Thanks in advance, you alcoholics.
Check out Other Half Brewing in Brooklyn. There are some posts a few pages back (probably around mid November) where I asked about best breweries in NYC area and some people responded with good suggestions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom