Barstool UConn Write-Up | The Boneyard

Barstool UConn Write-Up

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ollie isn’t made to be a head coach at UConn. ... I’d be surprised to see UConn let him go, even if they miss the NCAA Tournament again, simply because UConn is loyal. That said if they were to let him go, they should make calls to the following in order:

1. Steve Pikiell

2. Tom Crean

3. Danny Hurley

4. John Becker

5. Eric Musselman

TBD: Rick Pitino (pending any sanctions he may have)

Is G5 UConn a better job than P5 Rutgers?

RU is in NJ and close to NYC. Fertile recruiting grounds.

UConn is a blue blood program (4 Natties? That'll do pig.)

Pikiell's an alum.

UConn has much nicer facilities.

B10>AAC.

I'd hope UConn could win him over, but who knows?

Reaction Score
By advanced metrics Rutgers is almost as lowly ranked as UConn. I think Hurley is just a better coach than Pikiell (if it came down to those 2).

Crean is a running joke, and just way too risky of a hire for the program in its current state.

Musselman is good at finding talent, and can definitely coach, but he’s got way more west coast connections than east coast.

Becker and Konkol are promising but I’m not as sold on them.

Reaction Score
Really think we need to start higher on the totem pole than the 5 he listed, if we strikeout then work our way down. Still think there's a lot to like about our program (facilities, national championships, recruiting grounds, the boneyard and its fans....../s)

My preferred choices if we decide to walk away from KO. (No idea if any of them would be interested but worth a call)

Bobby Hurley
Chris Beard
Greg Mcdermott

Reaction Score
I can't see Geno happening. But I bet he would figure it out quickly.

I just don't see him leaving the Women's game. He is the biggest fish to ever swim in that pond.

Reaction Score
I dont know if Pitino will even want to coach again. I mean, if I got caught doing that I know I wouldnt. Every big away game will be extremely difficult. On the other hand, I guess he has been through it before. If he does get cleared or whatever I would put him #1 simply because hes proven but probably slim chances of him coaching again.

Reaction Score
Rick Pitino is 65 years old. Even if he wasn’t dirty (he is) and given a show-cause (he will be), it’d be ridiculous to bring him in based on his age alone.

It’s silly that posters continue to bring his name up.

Reaction Score
Geno can coach we all know that but what happens when he has to coach players that are not top 10 or even 25?

Reaction Score
Geno taking the job would be awesome, I would absolutely love it. Doubt it happens but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Reaction Score
Geno can coach we all know that but what happens when he has to coach players that are not top 10 or even 25?

Being that Geno is a great coach, period, I'm guessing he could out recruit KO in about a week, and have a top 5 recruiting class in year two.

Won't happen but an AD with balls, would look good and would not fail.

Reaction Score
I can't see Geno happening. But I bet he would figure it out quickly.

I just don't see him leaving the Women's game. He is the biggest fish to ever swim in that pond.

I remember years before Coach Calhoun retired, a reporter asked Geno if he would coach the Men's team after Calhoun left. Geno said (paraphrasing) No because it would ruin both programs, and the only Men's program he would think about coaching is Duke. I'll try and find a link, but this it was probably around 2010.

Reaction Score
I am a Stoolie and while they don’t give great college hoops insight, they’re also not anti-UConn by any means. It’s an honest third party review with too many good points to ignore.

Reaction Score
Ollie isn’t made to be a head coach at UConn. ... I’d be surprised to see UConn let him go, even if they miss the NCAA Tournament again, simply because UConn is loyal. That said if they were to let him go, they should make calls to the following in order:

1. Steve Pikiell

2. Tom Crean

3. Danny Hurley

4. John Becker

5. Eric Musselman

TBD: Rick Pitino (pending any sanctions he may have)

Is G5 UConn a better job than P5 Rutgers?

RU is in NJ and close to NYC. Fertile recruiting grou
UConn is a blue blood program (4 Natties? That'll do pig.)

Pikiell's an alum.

UConn has much nicer facilities.

B10>AAC.

I'd hope UConn could win him over, but who knows?
Loyalty is what kept UConn out of the P5. UConn was loyal to the Big East and we all know what happened. Loyalty is over rated. If they don't let KO go after another dismal season,which appears likely to be, then there will be no UConn basketball as the marginal fan base will abandon ship as you are seeing currently in part. I very much doubt anyone would leave a Big 10 coaching position to come to UConn voluntarily. Rutgers is the sunny side of the street right now.

Reaction Score
Loyalty is what kept UConn out of the P5. UConn was loyal to the Big East and we all know what happened. Loyalty is over rated. If they don't let KO go after another dismal season,which appears likely to be, then there will be no UConn basketball as the marginal fan base will abandon ship as you are seeing currently in part. I very much doubt anyone would leave a Big 10 coaching position to come to UConn voluntarily. Rutgers is the sunny side of the street right now.
Pikiell just lost to Hartford. Not that it matters, we were never hiring Steve Pikiell to coach our basketball team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom