Barstool UConn Write-Up | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Barstool UConn Write-Up

Reaction Score
Sounds like an idea how early do you need to get to the bar to get a seat?
You need to be there when the gates open. They usually open up an one hour before the game but for some reason, they are opening up 1 1/2 hour before at 10:30AM.

Considering that my seat is in sec 241, the bar is an upgrade for me.

Reaction Score
Never mind hiring Geno, hire Katie Lou's dad as shooting coach. He raised three daughters who all shot over 40% from 3's as Div. 1 players. Once could be luck, twice could be good genes, three times has to be coaching skill. UConn guys barely shoot 40% overall, never mind from 3 only.

Reaction Score
Absolutely they would score some points. Not many, but the way we guard the three point line, Samuelson alone would hoist some and make a few. The women shoot threes very well.

They wouldn't get many rebounds, though. Only balls that take lucky bounces right to them. Final score: Men, 109, Women 42.

The real question is which size ball would the game be played with?

Against this team they may get 12-15 points past JC teams may have trouble scoring I’m afraid. But 42 no way Nick sorry no matter what ball.

Reaction Score
You need to be there when the gates open. They usually open up an one hour before the game but for some reason, they are opening up 1 1/2 hour before at 10:30AM.

Considering that my seat is in sec 241, the bar is an upgrade for me.

Thank you GH..... we are getting tix outside so will try early.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Absolutely they would score some points. Not many, but the way we guard the three point line, Samuelson alone would hoist some and make a few. The women shoot threes very well.

They wouldn't get many rebounds, though. Only balls that take lucky bounces right to them. Final score: Men, 109, Women 42.

42 pts? Some D1 men's teams 'only' score that many. I'd be surprised if they broke 11. Unless the guys got lazy. Which is not remotely out of the question.

Larrier isn't super athletic, but he's far taller and far longer than any girl on the team, and probably moves quicker as anyone not name Crystal Dangerfield. It's kind of like having a 6'9 PG in the women's game.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
42 pts? Some D1 men's teams 'only' score that many. I'd be surprised if they broke 11. Unless the guys got lazy. Which is not remotely out of the question.

Larrier isn't super athletic, but he's far taller and far longer than any girl on the team, and probably moves quicker as anyone not name Crystal Dangerfield. It's kind of like having a 6'9 PG in the women's game.

Yeah, I figure at some point the walk ons will ease up on them late in the second half.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Never mind hiring Geno, hire Katie Lou's dad as shooting coach. He raised three daughters who all shot over 40% from 3's as Div. 1 players. Once could be luck, twice could be good genes, three times has to be coaching skill. UConn guys barely shoot 40% overall, never mind from 3 only.
Flat footed threes end up fifteen rows into the seats in the men's game.

Reaction Score
The question I pose to everyone who thinks Geno should be the men's coach is "at any point do you think a UConn women's team could beat the men?"

If that answer is yes I automatically disqualify anything they have to say about anything.
My response to anyone who uses that logic.... dumb!

Geno may not coach the men. It has nothing to do with his ability.

I too am intrigued by the concept but would be worried that Genos greatness and legacy be ruined with a mediocre stint as men’s coach....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
My response to anyone who uses that logic.... dumb!

Geno may not coach the men. It has nothing to do with his ability.

I too am intrigued by the concept but would be worried that Genos greatness and legacy be ruined with a mediocre stint as men’s coach....

Here is how you completely contradict yourself in 50 words.

If you are so confident in his ability why would you worry about him ruining his legacy?

Geno would get his arse handed to him coaching men’s basketball. It would be a frigging bloodbath.

What in the holy hell is wrong with this team’s fans?

Reaction Score
No. Just that every coach in America would say, "what, you want to go play for a women's coach?" 15,16,17 year old boys being what they are...I'm guessing no. Or "look at how desperate UCONN is right now. They hired the women's coach. Not a place you want to play."

Or the finishing move, "well, I guess he can get you to the WNBA."
He’ll wear his well-worn HOF jacket, and wear all 11 rings.

Reaction Score
Here is how you completely contradict yourself in 50 words.

If you are so confident in his ability why would you worry about him ruining his legacy?

Geno would get his arse handed to him coaching men’s basketball. It would be a frigging bloodbath.

What in the holy hell is wrong with this team’s fans?
Wait, which team does he get? Ours? Or the ones he’d settle for?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wait, which team does he get? Ours? Or the ones he’d settle for?

He can have whatever team you want to give him.

This is the dumbest ongoing theme in this state.

Give him the UConn men’s program for argument’s sake: DISMANTLED.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

If it was purely coaching in a vacuum, taking the players developing them and teaching them to play the game, x's and o's, I think he'd do fine. Basketball is basketball, even if the games are played differently. He's smart guy and with an ability to relate to anybody.

But having him switch? The circus alone would be too much to overcome, even leaving aside a UCONN switch.

And I don't think he'd have any stomach, patience, or ability for recruiting the men's game.

And I'd have no idea what his staff would look like. That would be a huge hurdle.

And a few other reasons...

I agree that it would be a failure in the real world.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If it was purely coaching in a vacuum, taking the players developing them and teaching them to play the game, x's and o's, I think he'd do fine. Basketball is basketball, even if the games are played differently. He's smart guy and can relate to anybody.

But having him switch? The circus alone would be too much to overcome, even leaving aside a UCONN switch.

And I don't think he'd have any stomach or patience for recruiting the men's game.

And I'd have no idea what his staff would look like.

And a few other reasons...

Yeah, if and if I played Madden against Sean McVay you could barely tell the difference in our play calling.

The guy is incredibly good at what he does. I enjoy the disdain he holds for so many parties.

The idea that if they gave him the UConn's men's program and it wouldn't burn like the Springfield Tire Fire is so naive it's painful.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The idea that if they gave him the UConn's men's program and it wouldn't burn like the Springfield Tire Fire is so naive it's painful.

We agree on that point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom