Barstool UConn Write-Up | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Barstool UConn Write-Up

Reaction Score
Pikiell just lost to Hartford. Not that it matters, we were never hiring Steve Pikiell to coach our basketball team.
Rutgers doesn't have to win another game in any sport and they will be just fine with their Big Ten dollars.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The thing I love about the Geno idea is that it is so crazy that it would generate instant positive buzz and create a whole new story line that is much more interesting than the one we have now. It could work and it would be fun to watch how it plays out irrespective.

But I agree it will never happen for a couple different reasons.

Reaction Score
The thing I love about the Geno idea is that it is so crazy that it would generate instant positive buzz and create a whole new story line that is much more interesting than the one we have now. It could work and it would be fun to watch how it plays out irrespective.

The question I pose to everyone who thinks Geno should be the men's coach is "at any point do you think a UConn women's team could beat the men?"

If that answer is yes I automatically disqualify anything they have to say about anything.

Reaction Score
Rutgers doesn't have to win another game in any sport and they will be just fine with their Big Ten dollars.
My guess is they will continue to suck.

You made a post about Pikiell not being interested in leaving Rutgers for the Uconn job. I think you're wrong but it doesn't matter, UConn isn't interested in hiring him.

Reaction Score
The question I pose to everyone who thinks Geno should be the men's coach is "at any point do you think a UConn women's team could beat the men?"

If that answer is yes I automatically disqualify anything they have to say about anything.

If I seriously have to read another post about Geno coaching the men I’m gonna eat the business end of a shotgun.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
No, I don't.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I’d love to see it. Would be awesome just to see how it turns out.

He’d also lambaste the fanbase and that would be hilarious.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I was thinking it would generate instant negative story lines. It would be an absolute circus nationally. And I'm guessing negative recruiting would work wonders on the trail with the 16 year olds.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I read on nottheboneyard.com that SuzieLax thinks this is a great idea.

Wants Geno to coach the men for a decade and then become AD.
Those guys are all moran's, tho.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I was thinking it would generate instant negative story lines. It would be an absolute circus nationally. And I'm guessing negative recruiting would work wonders on the trail with the 16 year olds.
I'm talking about the part where Deepster's head explodes.

Reaction Score
We aren't hiring Pikiell and there is no way Geno is coaching the men's team or Calhoun is coming back. This board is so incredibly stupid sometimes.

Pikiell, Geno and Pikiell are not the most embarrassing suggestions. The fact that people are legit mentioning Pitino is pathetic. Jesus H Christ.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score

Who's suggesting that?

Reaction Score
CCSU's name used on the streets without our permission. Nobody makes us bleed our own blood.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Where is Tim Pikiell when you need him?

Reaction Score
Hire Geno and give Chris Dailey the women's job.

I had mentioned this in post a couple days ago more tongue in cheek and especially with the quote in my mind when Calhoun called the crowd at women's games like heavens waiting room :). When you really think about it though.. CD seems to have the admiration of the entire team and sounds like she is really the big recruiter and then they send Geno in as a closer. She's been the asst for what 30 years? I can almost see them giving her the nod as the women's coach and giving her her due. If the men go after Pikiell or Hurley or anybody else in their top 3 and get shot down and couldn't find a better option.. would this really be that crazy of an idea? All this being said.. I still don't think they are going to let go of KO, so can't say I'll be holding my breath for any of these scenarios. It reads more like a WWE storyline.

Reaction Score

At any point do you think the women could score against the mens team is more like it. Well this year...:eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom