Back to Precious | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Back to Precious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, please let Chief break this down. A cycle is a long drawn out process, where you go with your routine and ignore feedback and therefore do not make the necessary adjustments. A close is based on a strategic plan where everything comes to an exciting climax on the official visit. The visit is not wasted on course catalogs and the optimal schedules for classes.
The tour of facilities is not generic where the guide is in his comfort zone reciting the usual history that the recruit may or may not be interested in. Rather it is taylored to the recruit and his interest as well as his handlers. Chief hopes this helps.

Are you saying the tailored scenario you described isn't the norm for all recruiting visits?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Eh, step up to the mic. Everybody needs a good thrashing once in a while
1538929497811.png

C

Chief00

That's a completely made up definition that no one else uses Chief.

A recruiting cycle is merely a period of time that you recruit guys from a particular class. So the recruiting cycle for the 2019 kids ends somewhere in the 1st third or half of 2019. It's just the period of time you go after guys.

You try to close during the cycle. Earlier the better.

The Cycle ( Chief and coaches call it the grind) and The Close are uniquely different phases. The grind builds the foundation but the close is a moment in time - you either walk away a winner or loser.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, please let Chief break this down. A cycle is a long drawn out process, where you go with your routine and ignore feedback and therefore do not make the necessary adjustments. A close is based on a strategic plan where everything comes to an exciting climax on the official visit. The visit is not wasted on course catalogs and the optimal schedules for classes.
The tour of facilities is not generic where the guide is in his comfort zone reciting the usual history that the recruit may or may not be interested in. Rather it is taylored to the recruit and his interest as well as his handlers. Chief hopes this helps.

Good lord this is gibberish. I love it. Chief's the man.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The Cycle ( Chief and coaches call it the grind) and The Close are uniquely different phases. The grind builds the foundation but the close is a moment in time - you either walk away a winner or loser.
This explains UConn's historic success in recruiting. Everyone knows Connecticut loves a grinder.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
From Jeff Borzello (ESPN):

Top-10 prospect Precious Achiuwa (No. 10) was the surprising visitor on Thursday, as he had been considered the subject of a UConn vs. St. John's recruiting battle for most of the summer. UCLA, Syracuse and others have also been mentioned with Achiuwa.

Precious Achiuwa prediction: UConn
Confidence level: 55 percent
Others in the mix: Memphis, St. John's

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
From Jeff Borzello (ESPN):

Top-10 prospect Precious Achiuwa (No. 10) was the surprising visitor on Thursday, as he had been considered the subject of a UConn vs. St. John's recruiting battle for most of the summer. UCLA, Syracuse and others have also been mentioned with Achiuwa.

Precious Achiuwa prediction: UConn
Confidence level: 55 percent
Others in the mix: Memphis, St. John's

Surprising visitor where exactly?

Reaction Score
Kwintin's head is usually above the rim while this guy barely reached his hand over the rim. No contest.
Kwintin gets a lot of oohs and ahhs and love on this board but just a small point. With this great athleticism why was he no more than a bit player last year? If his head was a foot above the rim shouldn't he have dunked on any possession inside of 5 feet? It's not like the front court was nailed down by others last year. He could've played 30 minutes a game if he showed talent. But he didn't did he? But I'm glad he can win a dunking contest.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Kwintin gets a lot of oohs and ahhs and love on this board but just a small point. With this great athleticism why was he no more than a bit player last year? If his head was a foot above the rim shouldn't he have dunked on any possession inside of 5 feet? It's not like the front court was nailed down by others last year. He could've played 30 minutes a game if he showed talent. But he didn't did he? But I'm glad he can win a dunking contest.

Kwintin gets love because the previous coach didn’t give him minutes. That makes people think that since the previous coach had poor judgement, he must be a stud.

Reaction Score
The front court was shockingly bad last year. Just reviewed Kwintin's stats vs Carlton and he played 6 minutes per game vs 15 for Josh with virtually the same terrible production. If Kwinton was doubled you produce a Carlton. Or I could give you 5 Polleys for both of them.

Reaction Score
The front court was shockingly bad last year. Just reviewed Kwintin's stats vs Carlton and he played 6 minutes per game vs 15 for Josh with virtually the same terrible production. If Kwinton was doubled you produce a Carlton. Or I could give you 5 Polleys for both of them.
Then why do you think frontcourt recruits would be scared they wouldn't get playing time here?

Reaction Score
Well I think that Carlton has a slot because you guess he will be better this year and cement his role, and if we get one of those other bigs that’s the playing time right there. But I’d love to get 2 quality bigs for sure.

Reaction Score
Well I think that Carlton has a slot because you guess he will be better this year and cement his role, and if we get one of those other bigs that’s the playing time right there. But I’d love to get 2 quality bigs for sure.
It's recruiting. You measure what you have and if you can bring in a better player or 2 at a position you let the chips fall where they may. The openings basically always take care of themselves.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You are a model of consistency.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
On [Achiuwa's] recruitment (Meyer has a Crystal Ball pick for UConn):
[Jerry] Meyer: "Man I haven't heard anything real recently — or, you know, that recently. The last that I heard was UConn, they looked like they were in good shape. So I haven't heard anything different since having heard that."
We are in good shape, but 1) don't expect this to wrap up until April, and 2) we're now going against UNC for this kid, and traditionally UNC's eaten our lunch on the recruiting trail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom