Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

sn_tKvm-.jpg

Chief, Chief, Chief!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yeah, still doing the grind on this year's Class. Not conceding anything.

There's 8+ months left in this recruiting cycle. If they were conceding anything, it would categorically be recruiting malpractice. Even KO didn't do that.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It has to be one of the most fascinating stories in the history of the boneyard.
How the heck did I miss this? @Stainmaster PM me?

(FWIW, UConn and Memphis were supposed to be the anchor programs for the American basketball. Other programs have filled that need, but if UConn and Memphis are posed to take off, as they appear to be, this could be the start of something good.)

intlzncster

Reaction Score
How the heck did I miss this? @Stainmaster PM me?

(FWIW, UConn and Memphis were supposed to be the anchor programs for the American basketball. Other programs have filled that need, but if UConn and Memphis are posed to take off, as they appear to be, this could be the start of something good.)

Short version. Striper, who had seen him live, made the call on Wingett years ago, before he was even a blip on the recruiting radar. Stain mocked him relentlessly. The whole Wingett boneyard meme essentially started from this.

Striper was right. Everybody else wrong.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Short version. Striper, who had seen him live, made the call on Wingett years ago, before he was even a blip on the recruiting radar. Stain mocked him relentlessly. The whole Wingett boneyard meme essentially started from this.

Striper was right. Everybody else wrong.

To be fair, I don’t remember stain being the ONE to mock him, I remember the entire board destroying him.

I agree with @tcf15 that it’s one of the more fascinating stories to evolve on this board in years. And I’m genuinely now a fan of this kid.

There was also a couple threads after the original with someone named “davefan34” or something, basically saying “don’t listen to everybody on the first thread the kid is going to be good I promise” and that also turned into a jam session on him.

C

Chief00

There's 8+ months left in this recruiting cycle. If they were conceding anything, it would categorically be recruiting malpractice. Even KO didn't do that.

Not talking Recruiting Cycle, talking Recruiting Close.

C

Chief00

To be fair, I don’t remember stain being the ONE to mock him, I remember the entire board destroying him.

I agree with @tcf15 that it’s one of the more fascinating stories to evolve on this board in years. And I’m genuinely now a fan of this kid.

There was also a couple threads after the original with someone named “davefan34” or something, basically saying “don’t listen to everybody on the first thread the kid is going to be good I promise” and that also turned into a jam session on him.
Not true, Chief never disrespected him.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

I know, hence why I said 'meme', implying it was others. Stain was just particularly...vociferous, for lack of a better term.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I know, hence why I said 'meme', implying it was others. Stain was just particularly...vociferous, for lack of a better term.

I got ya. Just wanted to see if I remembered it all correctly. It’s a bit surreal, that whole thing.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Fishy had a particularly strong opinion on Mr. Wingett's D1 prospects.

Maybe he'll stick, maybe he won't. But none of us expected him to see him winning Memphis' 3-point shooting contest.

And Striper is definitely the kid's uncle.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
C

Chief00

Chief, this reply is a non sequitur.
Quite frankly, please let Chief break this down. A cycle is a long drawn out process, where you go with your routine and ignore feedback and therefore do not make the necessary adjustments. A close is based on a strategic plan where everything comes to an exciting climax on the official visit. The visit is not wasted on course catalogs and the optimal schedules for classes.
The tour of facilities is not generic where the guide is in his comfort zone reciting the usual history that the recruit may or may not be interested in. Rather it is taylored to the recruit and his interest as well as his handlers. Chief hopes this helps.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, please let Chief break this down. A cycle is a long drawn out process, where you go with your routine and ignore feedback and therefore do not make the necessary adjustments. A close is based on a strategic plan where everything comes to an exciting climax on the official visit. The visit is not wasted on course catalogs and the optimal schedules for classes.
The tour of facilities is not generic where the guide is in his comfort zone reciting the usual history that the recruit may or may not be interested in. Rather it is taylored to the recruit and his interest as well as his handlers. Chief hopes this helps.

That's a completely made up definition that no one else uses Chief.

A recruiting cycle is merely a period of time that you recruit guys from a particular class. So the recruiting cycle for the 2019 kids ends somewhere in the 1st third or half of 2019. It's just the period of time you go after guys.

You try to close during the cycle. Earlier the better.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Fishy had a particularly strong opinion on Mr. Wingett's D1 prospects.

Maybe he'll stick, maybe he won't. But none of us expected him to see him winning Memphis' 3-point shooting contest.

And Striper is definitely the kid's uncle.

I remember that, I just didn’t want any wrath or a throat punch. That was one that stuck out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom