Back to Precious | The Boneyard

Back to Precious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
This would convince me 100% that Hurley will bring us back to the Final Four someday if we land Precious. Need to be able to recruit at a high level

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
What recovery? We are the favorites to land Achiuwa.
The recovery of him moving to Florida and after wrapping up the two commits we got. Plus, we have no idea where this kid is going, he’s holding out until spring. He also never talks about his recruitment

Reaction Score
The recovery of him moving to Florida and after wrapping up the two commits we got. Plus, we have no idea where this kid is going, he’s holding out until spring. He also never talks about his recruitment
Recovery doesn't seem like the right word. Did you actually think we would stop recruiting him because he moved to Florida and because we signed two guards? He has been pretty tight-lipped publicly about his recruitment but there are certainly people who have reason to believe we are the favorites.

Reaction Score
If the bar is being set at traveling from Connecticut to Florida in a week people are going to be in for quite a surprise about Hurley

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
If the bar is being set at traveling from Connecticut to Florida in a week people are going to be in for quite a surprise about Hurley

Huh?

Reaction Score
Obviously , we get precious, things change dramatically for next year. But, we gotta make it till spring to land him. Hopefully he keeps us in his top 3-5 - when spring comes around. I kno we are one of his top choices right now but A lot can happen between now and April- especially when the big boys are involved. He Has a chance to change the trajectory of an elite program here - plus we ve been on him since jumpstreet - so those are two selling points Duke and Kentucky can’t offer. Fingers crossed.

Reaction Score
With his size, length, and athleticism i think Hurley would have him as one of the best defenders in CBB

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This would convince me 100% that Hurley will bring us back to the Final Four someday if we land Precious. Need to be able to recruit at a high level
Would love to get this kid and would be a huge feather in DH's hat
But as far as the Final Four they better do it next year because Precious will only be around for 1 year, IMHO
It's great to see the effort by the staff on this

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Would love to get this kid and would be a huge feather in Dan Hurley's hat
But as far as the Final Four they better do it next year because Precious will only be around for 1 year, IMHO

You missing my context of what I said. I believe if they can land Precious, it proves that Hurley will be able to land recruits like him that will allow us to get back to the final four someday

C

Chief00

Would love to get this kid and would be a huge feather in Dan Hurley's hat
So a F4 next season is the standard you are holding Coach Hurley to?
How long did it take HOF Coach Calhoun to make F4?
True, somewhat different environment but I don’t think it’s fair to declare Danny a failure if he doesn’t reach the F4 next season.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
So a F4 next season is the standard you are holding Coach Hurley to?
How long did it take HOF Coach Calhoun to make F4?
True, somewhat different environment but I don’t think it’s fair to declare Danny a failure if he doesn’t reach the F4 next season.
Not sure that's what he meant. I think he just meant that Precious will be one and done so if we do get him and want to get him to a F4...then it'll have to be that year. Maybe im wrong?

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
I read it as “If he can bring in this level of talent now, more will come in the future and that bodes well for our chances to get back to a F4”. But I may be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom