B1G | Page 7 | The Boneyard

B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
the uss connecticut thread and the b10 non believers thread have now joined the B1G thread. lets the war games begin.

Now all the good vibes are together, creating a harmonic convergence.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Now all the good vibes are together, creating a harmonic convergence.

Yup, now let's set those coordinates to Boston. It would take days for reinforcements from the Atlantic Confederate Army to arrive to help defend their New England footprint. We hit 'em hard and we hit 'em fast.

Reaction Score
One thing about the those nutty Rutgers fans - they always believed they were going to be in the B1G.
We can take over the northeast along with Rutgers. Syracuse and BC. They have no hope.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
take a good hard look at the mother ****ing boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do me a favor and make sure to link the video once every fourth post you put up on this thread. I'll be sure to do the same. Then people will understand the power of being on a mutherf#$kin' boat...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
large_detailed_road_and_topographical_map_of_USA.jpg

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Dude, that boat comparison is hilarious!

H

Huskieforlife

Geezus.

I step away from the computer for a few hours, and the chicken littles retake control of this board. Unbelievable.

Some facts for you Debbie Downers to contemplate:

1) B1G has never, ever, leaked info before a deal was done. Why is this important? Because this past week rumors surfaced that Duke, NC, VA, ND, and Kansas were being vetted for possible B1G membership. Guess what? Based on past indications, those schools have just been eliminated as B1G possibilities.

2) I told you last week that if the B1G has its eyes on securing the northeast (and I think they do), they would be wise to add UConn and Syracuse. You lock up NYC, upstate NY, and southern New England. That's an awful lot of TV's. Guess what two schools have not been mentioned in the B1G expansion rumors? UConn and Syracuse. Others here will quickly make snide remarks that it's because we suck and/or are not worthy, but that didn't stop B1G from adding Rutgers and Maryland. Prior to that move, there was one lone voice stating that RU was going B1G. Yesterday, that one lone voice (RUlookingatme) said UConn was gone to B1G.

3) Everyone on the internet is jumping to the conclusion that the ACC chose Louisville OVER UConn. How the hell do they know that for a fact? Answer: they don't - they're making assumptions. Did it ever dawn on anyone that we may be stalling to see what B1G does? Or, heaven forbid, that we already know that we're going B1G? Before you spout off on how crazy I am, let me just say that if you really think the Duke/NC faction would EVER give in to FSU and Clemson on anything, you are crazier than I am.

4) B1G is going to expand further. Delany has all but guaranteed it. He's even gone so far as to say the conference will be adding games in both football and basketball, and further, he identified Southern New England as an attractive maket for BTN. Either B1G expansion will include us, or their expansion elsewhere opens up slots in ACC/Big 12 that we may fill.

5) I expect reporting on this issue for the next month or two to be even more FOS than usual. Conferences are going to be intentionally putting out misinformation, because the end is approaching and they know it. Stop believing everything you read.

6) The ACC has clearly been our backup plan all along. They weren't going to wait around forever. They finally decided to pull the trigger on Louisville, their second choice. I applaud their decision.

You guys can cry in your Cheerios if you want to. Pardon me if I wait a little longer before I fall on my sword.
Wow just wow. Am all in! #B1GHarder

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
now that the acc has been exposed academics wise and is now just rying to survive, i believe that the sec and the network they are building will be the death of the acc more than ever before. the sec will be building a network that will rival the b10. at some point the war will have a line north and south splitting states. once again it will be about big markes that u can get cable boxes from #1 and #2 having teams in those markets that not only get the channel on cable boxes but get good prices for that channel. i still believe that 18 or 20 is far more the ultimate goal which i have expressed why elsewhere but 16 i think is the imediate goal to get confs into new tv contract.

i think the sec is about to play the acc hard core. ppl can say that acadmeics are not good in the sec but thats no lobger relevant. the sec has great publics like florida for example and vandy is a great private. i believe that the combo of duke and unc are what the sec's goal is for 16 now. drawing the line north and south with the b10. thats also why i believ the b10 acted before the sec could, the b10 besides a couple other reasons wanted to establish where each footprint would reach and not alow the sec do do one big swoop and grab(nc/va and possibly even md). the b10 made a strategic move and one that will have saved there future in competing vs the sec tv wise.

adding duke and unc officially blows up the acc. it also then puts the b12 on watch with the pac. southern acc schools and northern acc schools will be calling all around looking for homes. i think that most will find one. but before the b12 gets to act i think the sec will block them and capture the southern acc schools even tho they are within footprint. when the sec network is born, its all about cable boxes, the way to get those in fsu territory is to get fsu for example. gtech and clemson are question marks but miami is a obvious add also from the cable box theory. it also completely seperates the have and have nots in florida to the rest of college football. vtech also becomes important and i think they want a southern not northern identity like unc in the end. the question is who is team #20 for the sec. gtech, clem, ncst and a 2nd texas school will be the 4 imhogoing for this spot. i think tcu would be the answer as it would be the most valuable at this point.

i think the b10 is going to add uva and a north east school to get to 16. then its once againa question of cable boxes and price in areas. they have 6 slots left imho. lets lock uva into one of those. that leaves the follwoing schools in play. bc, uconn, cuse, pitt, nd, kansas, vt(until they go sec). if vt goes to the sec then there are only 6 forced option unless another b12 school comes in play. b12 schools media rights via the gor are owned by fox/espn. the transfer of those rights can be negoatiated and forwarded as stakes in other conf's media packages so that the schools don't make $0 for years getting out of the b12.

predicton:
b10+uva and uconn
sec+unc and duke (bball tney in atlfor ever is close enough to get this done, unc fits fball wise)
pac+tex, tt, ok, okst
sec+fsu, miami
pac+kst and baylor or a western school like byu/bsu/unr/sdsu(this move is the obvious sign that tcu and sec are in talks)
b10+nd, cuse (nyc is 100% b10 and they now pump it starting with taking over msg for bball tney)
sec+ vt and tcu (u can now split tcu/vandy and duke/miami divisions e/w wise for fball)
b10+kan and bc or pitt. bc helps boston cable boxes and puck. pitt helps the price of cable in pa.

acc then becomes -wake, lville, pitt or bc, clem, gt, wvu, ist, cincy, temple, usf, ucf and ecu. thats 12. if they merge with the nbe then thats your 20 team league.

note-could argue wvu to sec and one of tcu/miami end up in the acc.

Reaction Score
Just saw the #unfollow post. In a similar vein how about a list of all the B1G related Twitter accounts we should follow. Would be kind of fun if all of us clicked on follow on the same day. The B1G sites and reporters would be put on notice that we're coming! :)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Putting Ginger and Maryanne in bikinis and high heels was cutting edge.
Normally I'm a Mary Ann fan but I think Ginger wins in this picture. That may be due the MA's apparent underarm hair though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom