Assistant Coach interviews!!!! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Assistant Coach interviews!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is the first info in months that has been shared here from Rivals. The reason Rivals has been hurting for memberships is they burned up their subscriber base with idiots like Jackson and Farrell.

HFD gets more info than Rivals, and I mean that with all true sincerety.

They just charge too much for what they provide. Instead of $100 a year it should be more like $20.

Reaction Score
Here is a tweet I got back from Chris Bains (@bearcats_nation) after i asked him if he liked TJ Weist and was he surprised he didn't go to Tenn with Jones

“@Bearcats_Nation: @AB670 Yea I was a surprised. I've like Weist; he's a solid WR coach, a great recruiter, did a nice job as UC's interim OC in the Belk Bowl.”

Reaction Score
[
If I had a nickel for every story they broke ( Des had more commit news than them this year) I'd have .15.

We can agree to disagree especially since it looks like you dont read rivals (which basically disqualifies you from commenting on who breaks what). To me its not always about breaking commit news anyways. I like to hear when UConn offers recruits and stuff like that. To each his own I guess

Reaction Score
Cincinnati fan here. I think most UC fans liked Weist. He was known as a pretty good recruiter who covered parts of Florida and Georgia. He called the plays in the Belk Bowl which involved a much more vertical passing game than we were used to under OC Mike Bajakian (in fairness to Bajakian, many people indicated that Butch kept a pretty tight leash on his play calling). I know Duke's defense sucks, but we did manage to put up 550 yards of offense with him calling the plays. This could be a good fit for both parties.

Reaction Score
I would love to see this guy from Cincy became the new OC, but the problem is still GDL. Unless GDL is gone, I have no faith in anybody coming in and running the offense with GDL breathing down his neck. It's PP's best friend who do you think is going to be calling the plays. Maybe the new OC can help with the wallpaper. Fire GDL and get him out of there.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I would love to see this guy from Cincy became the new OC, but the problem is still GDL. Unless GDL is gone, I have no faith in anybody coming in and running the offense with GDL breathing down his neck. It's PP's best friend who do you think is going to be calling the plays. Maybe the new OC can help with the wallpaper. Fire GDL and get him out of there.

The only way that I agree with your assumption of GDL mucking up the works after a new OC comes here is if GDL is left in charge of the OLine. If he is made to be, let's say, the Tight Ends coach (Foley back to the line), then I don't see this happening. It's clearly already out there that the fanbase doesn't want him calling the shots, and more importantly, that Warde doesn't want him calling the shots. I expect that he won't be calling the shots and he will not have a chance to screw things up, so long as he stays away from our offensive line...

Reaction Score
Cincy's WR coach as OC sounds fine to me. Anything to get GDL away from the offense is a good thing. What are we going to do with GDL? Assign him to TE only? I really hope he is away from the OL.

Reaction Score
The only way that I agree with your assumption of GDL mucking up the works after a new OC comes here is if GDL is left in charge of the OLine. If he is made to be, let's say, the Tight Ends coach (Foley back to the line), then I don't see this happening. It's clearly already out there that the fanbase doesn't want him calling the shots, and more importantly, that Warde doesn't want him calling the shots. I expect that he won't be calling the shots and he will not have a chance to screw things up, so long as he stays away from our offensive line...

I'm going off the history of what we know happened at Cuse. He should be shown the door. I want him to stay away from our football program. If he's here, it's just going to be a clusterduck. And will probably limit the candidates who would be willing to come here.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Deleone needs a recruiting coordinator role where he is not part of the game planning. Kids seem to like him on the trail, but the results of his coaching are atrocious.

kids do not like him on the trail. parents locally like him on the trail becuase his whole convo is local stuff. kids think he is extremely awkard. i have seen kids tweet several times how close he gets to them when they talk and how weird he is looking at them and stuff like that and confirmed this idea with several kids. he has old guy approach to kids and they think its a mix of wierd and creppy. parents don't care how the guy looks the kids in the eye and his body motions, they care baout his local talk, resume and substance so he wins with that. the kids think hes wierd. i can not stress it enough how much i want him outside of state lines. if the jerry sandusky thing neve happened i would have been making jokes about certain tweets and intel for months but i held back and focused on warde donuts for the good of our pr battle we lose everyday anyway.

everything has to be new and cool with kids these days. his first impression is just scary. he always gives the same hard handshake and stares the kid in the eye introducing himself. almost old military style or i don't even know, its hard to explain. when ever he is talking with some 1 he needs to be close to that person or connected like arm over shoulder of slap on the back or elbow nudge type . i'm telling u guys, u may hate me for all the fire talk i speak of, but its not made up . i have just had enough with so many aspects of this school this winter it pains me.

i said i would stop the fire posts and negative stuff. i hope this didn't come across as that, i simply want to let u know what its like in a living room or in a seat at the rent pregame with him around. it sucks as a kid. back to opnly positive/non fire things...

Reaction Score
That is a lot of info there Dan. A couple of kids have identified him as key in their recruitment with Cory J, coming to mind to right away. I'll take your word for what you say cause your all over the twitter stuff.

Reaction Score
kids do not like him on the trail. parents locally like him on the trail becuase his whole convo is local stuff. kids think he is extremely awkard. i have seen kids tweet several times how close he gets to them when they talk and how weird he is looking at them and stuff like that and confirmed this idea with several kids. he has old guy approach to kids and they think its a mix of wierd and creppy. parents don't care how the guy looks the kids in the eye and his body motions, they care baout his local talk, resume and substance so he wins with that. the kids think hes wierd. i can not stress it enough how much i want him outside of state lines. if the jerry sandusky thing neve happened i would have been making jokes about certain tweets and intel for months but i held back and focused on warde donuts for the good of our pr battle we lose everyday anyway.

everything has to be new and cool with kids these days. his first impression is just scary. he always gives the same hard handshake and stares the kid in the eye introducing himself. almost old military style or i don't even know, its hard to explain. when ever he is talking with some 1 he needs to be close to that person or connected like arm over shoulder of slap on the back or elbow nudge type . i'm telling u guys, u may hate me for all the fire talk i speak of, but its not made up . i have just had enough with so many aspects of this school this winter it pains me.

i said i would stop the fire posts and negative stuff. i hope this didn't come across as that, i simply want to let u know what its like in a living room or in a seat at the rent pregame with him around. it sucks as a kid. back to opnly positive/non fire things...

creepy is not good

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
That is a lot of info there Dan. A couple of kids have identified him as key in their recruitment with Cory J, coming to mind to right away. I'll take your word for what you say cause your all over the twitter stuff.

cory, noel and matt were his recruits this year. he pushed parents over the top, possibly tommy also(i am not to aware of the detail with him). everyone else he was not a major focus in. he(and p) helps with nj connections which are the only positives of old coaches, past connections.... all the ct kids that are "his" recruits u guys all see, wholley puts in the hard work fwiw. the kid is truly making strides every day as a coach in ne/nyc. keep a eye on him.

the main thing is when he talks he spits in kids faces. heard this more then once....again he means well im sure but its the type of stuff i just an't stand. this isn't notre dame 1975, its upstart uconn 2013. maybe i'm just a different breed and the school doesn't want to play big boy sports, i dont know what to do but swear, carry on and attack heads at this point. this whole athletic department is disgusting. smdh.

if you worked in the atletic department and ran into gdl walking thru the hall and he has a good looking sandwich in his hand and asked him where he got it. he replies giving u direction to a certain cafe on the other side on campus. during that talk of him telling u where to go he nudges u and gets a bit of spitt up in the air while talking, what would u think?

now take that, and play ad for a minute. how the do u send him to recruit for a sport that makes your school millions of dollars. then take that and look at the replay of any football game and the go ask coach p why he doesn't carry a tissue with him in his pocket.

ok, i'm just going to stop before i lose it.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
So GDL's recruiting pitch goes like this: "You're so duck*ing special, but I'm a creep. I'm a weirdo. What the hell and I doing here? I don't belong here."

Reaction Score
Nothing worse than someone who spits when they talk. I usually find myself doing matrix like moves to avoid the incoming. On more than one occasion I have blurted out an unprompted "whoa" as a I dodged the projectile. I guess in Deleone's case, phone calls only.

Reaction Score
I guess he wears his pants around his waist and looks at people when talking to them... shame on him.

Spittle is bad... had a great boss that did that when he got agitated/excited. Always tried to keep desk/table between us.

213436.jpg

Reaction Score
When I see GDL I think of Ted Knight in Caddyshack only worse, HfD just confirmed my suspicions and I'll leave it at that. Very discouraging. Damn you Larry McHugh.

Reaction Score
HFD thanks for coming out of your self-imposed exile to add to the discussion in this thread!

F

fortebleedsblue

The man is going to destroy his career at UConn working with Deloene.

Reaction Score
Maybe make GDL a scout, but the first run up the middle on the first play every series, I will have my doubts on who is calling the plays. Hey I heard Rex Ryan's brother got fired in Dallas. Why not for D. Coordinator-cowboy connection.

Reaction Score
Maybe make GDL a scout, but the first run up the middle on the first play every series, I will have my doubts on who is calling the plays. Hey I heard Rex Ryan's brother got fired in Dallas. Why not for D. Coordinator-cowboy connection.

He replaced PP when PP took UConn job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01