Assistant Coach interviews!!!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Assistant Coach interviews!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And it isn't a particularly difficult concept. Your best recruiters recruit the areas that are the hardest to recruit while also having a lot of talent. Hence why Cersosimo recruits Jersey. Why do you think Tee Martin recruits the southeast for USC? Why does Tosh Lupoi recruit California for Washington?

Reaction Score
I don't know him at all, and I don't know anyone in his family. I just find it funny how you've clearly had a gripe against him for awhile, all because of one petty incident. And then when it was explained to you that recruits are not offered before being evaluated, you just moved the goal posts of your argument.
I didn't move the goal posts at all...I guess I wasn't clear enough the first time...but I had posted that info before on here. I think Edsall hired him to help recruiting in CT because of his background. My perception of him is born from info I got from a former member of UConn's staff that played with my friends. My perception of him as a recruiter is from what my friend got from the coach at RBC who he is friends with...who also happens to see D1A recruiters year in and year out. I just don't have some half baked grudge...my reason's were formed over time.

Reaction Score
And it isn't a particularly difficult concept. Your best recruiters recruit the areas that are the hardest to recruit while also having a lot of talent. Hence why Cersosimo recruits Jersey. Why do you think Tee Martin recruits the southeast for USC? Why does Tosh Lupoi recruit California for Washington?
Until P hired DeLone we SUCKED recruiting in NJ since Lakatos left for Georgia! Trust me when I tell you Cersosimo has ZERO recruiting ties in Bergen County at Bergen Catholic and Don Bosco...and he has done UConn ZERO favors at Arbc... besides when my buddy emailed Sos about Nelson...Sos told him that Darrel Perkins recruited NJ...So with DeLeone recruiting North NJ and Lerkins recruiting South NJ that blows a hole in that theory about Sos recruiting NJ!

Reaction Score
I didn't move the goal posts at all...I guess I wasn't clear enough the first time...but I had posted that info before on here. I think Edsall hired him to help recruiting in CT because of his background. My perception of him is born from info I got from a former member of UConn's staff that played with my friends. My perception of him as a recruiter is from what my friend got from the coach at RBC who he is friends with...who also happens to see D1A recruiters year in and year out. I just don't have some half baked grudge...my reason's were formed over time.

Fair enough. Recruiting is obviously tricky with a lot of moving the parts. The whole staff needs to be A LOT better, not just one person.

Reaction Score
Rivals gets more inside info than anyone on UConn sports and they're still hurting for subscriptions because everything is brought back over here once they report something.

This is the first info in months that has been shared here from Rivals. The reason Rivals has been hurting for memberships is they burned up their subscriber base with idiots like Jackson and Farrell.

HFD gets more info than Rivals, and I mean that with all true sincerety.

Reaction Score
Fair enough. Recruiting is obviously tricky with a lot of moving the parts. The whole staff needs to be A LOT better, not just one person.
That I will agree with you on! If Warde Manuel ends up firing Pasqualoni...he needs to dismiss the entire staff. Let the new guy start from scratch

Reaction Score
I agree with FDNY. Sos is a lousy coach, and not much better as a recruiter.

Wide receivers have woefully underperformed for us for years. Its not just that we have had poor QB play (we have), but our WR's never have any separation, run sub-par routes, and drop the ball far too often.

When Easley emerged (if you want to give sos credit for Easley...fine. That's 1 out of dozens. But i certainly don't), it made Frazer look like a competent QB for a few games (he wasn't). A good WR group can do a lot for a QB. We have never had a good WR group.

If you want to argue that the talent wasn't good enough....that's fair. But that was a large part of his responsibilities as a recruiter, and recruiting coordinator. Sub-par there too.

We have been getting 2-star players for years, and coaching them up to average-to above-average, and in a few cases, making them NFL talent. WR has had that less than any other position...BY FAR.

This is a change that should have been made years ago.

Reaction Score
Until P hired DeLone we SUCKED recruiting in NJ since Lakatos left for Georgia! Trust me when I tell you Cersosimo has ZERO recruiting ties in Bergen County at Bergen Catholic and Don Bosco...and he has done UConn ZERO favors at Arbc... besides when my buddy emailed Sos about Nelson...Sos told him that Darrel Perkins recruited NJ...So with DeLeone recruiting North NJ and Lerkins recruiting South NJ that blows a hole in that theory about Sos recruiting NJ!

Rivals is not the gospel on recruiting, but it shows Perkins as having recruited a grand total of 2 New Jersey kids in his three years here.

Reaction Score
Rivals is not the gospel on recruiting, but it shows Perkins as having recruited a grand total of 2 New Jersey kids in his three years here.
Yeah until DeLeone was brought on board UConn recruiting in NJ was almost non-exsistent since Scott Lakatos left for UGA. When Edsall hired him away from Rutgers his ability to recruit NJ was one of the main reasons.

Reaction Score
This is the first info in months that has been shared here from Rivals. The reason Rivals has been hurting for memberships is they burned up their subscriber base with idiots like Jackson and Farrell.

HFD gets more info than Rivals, and I mean that with all true sincerety.

Any time anything breaks on Rivals, it is brought over here. Usually having to do with recruiting. Eric over there has good connections to both coaching staffs, particularly basketball.

I don't mean to disrespect huskyfandan, but I promise you that John Battle gets more information, and knows more information than him.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Rivals gets more inside info than anyone on UConn sports and they're still hurting for subscriptions because everything is brought back over here once they report something.
No it's just because this board is far more entertaining than the Rivals board.

Reaction Score
Any time anything breaks on Rivals, it is brought over here. Usually having to do with recruiting. Eric over there has good connections to both coaching staffs, particularly basketball.

I don't mean to disrespect huskyfandan, but I promise you that John Battle gets more information, and knows more information than him.

Please refresh me when Rivals broke any news worth .15 in the past 6 months. That was my point.

Reaction Score
Please refresh me when Rivals broke any news worth .15 in the past 6 months. That was my point.
Rivals is basically the only site that covers UConn football recruiting. Not exactly an accurate comment by you

Reaction Score
Rivals is basically the only site that covers UConn football recruiting. Not exactly an accurate comment by you

If I had a nickel for every story they broke ( Des had more commit news than them this year) I'd have .15.

Reaction Score
I wish, and just a wish, Jeff Hafley hated Tampa bay and would come back to the college ranks and the northeast. His ties to NJ and PA were huge for Pittsburgh and Rutgers recruiting and he could coach tight ends/receivers. If only but a dream....

What about the Syracuse running backs (?) coach that is a prime recruiter in NYC/Northern Jersey? His name is escaping me.

Jon Wholley was a running back at Uconn. Is it possible that he could move to his natural position and we go after another defensive coach?

Reaction Score
I wish, and just a wish, Jeff Hafley hated Tampa bay and would come back to the college ranks and the northeast. His ties to NJ and PA were huge for Pittsburgh and Rutgers recruiting and he could coach tight ends/receivers. If only but a dream....

What about the Syracuse running backs (?) coach that is a prime recruiter in NYC/Northern Jersey? His name is escaping me.

Jon Wholley was a running back at Uconn. Is it possible that he could move to his natural position and we go after another defensive coach?
I was hoping we would bring in Hafley in when he went to Rutgers. He was solely responsible for Rutgers haul from Bosco and Bergen Catholic among other NJ schools last yr and the yr before. Schiano was on the outside looking in at those schools...especially Bosco after Mike Teels experience at Rutgers. Then he brings in Hafley and bingo he cleans up!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Looks like Sparano is available now too. Eeek!

I was just going to add that little tidbit about Sparano, and see what people thought about it. I can mark down Hexlub as "not impressed"... ;)

Reaction Score
I think Sparano and HDL are VERY similiar types of coaches. Sparano is also a OL coach and his offense with the Jets was similiar to DeLeone's...AND both LOVE the wildcat! Not my choice...but there is history here.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Sparano hates zone blocking. He utilzes power running schemes. The Jets used zone blocking in 2011 under Brian Schottenheimer
and part of the reason Rex went to Sparano was his power running style. The Jets running game and offensive line play did improve in 2012.

http://thejetpress.com/2012/08/06/tony-sparano-introduces-a-new-form-of-ground-and-pound/

BTW Sanchez is a coach killer.

Good link! If he's truly a "ground and pound" kind of guy, then I could certainly get behind him as an OC. That might also mean that Foley would be back in the mix to take over the offensive line again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom