As I have said before and Pal and othes with remind you | Page 3 | The Boneyard

As I have said before and Pal and othes with remind you

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wow
You reach down to 8 year old kids to playing instruments to defend a sports arguement you lost long ago
Then, multiple straw men.
You stated many times that the level of play in these individual college sports suck. Now you are trying to backtrack and imply you were only saying it is a lesser level. Fine, just admit you were wrong. Everybody can see your posts, you are not fooling anybody.

I never once mentioned Uconn football supporting/ not supporting

Here is another clue. USMNT is actually pretty good. Do you know how many national teams there are in the world? And how many have soccer as their national sport? The fact that we are not only making the World Cup on a regular basis and now make the knockout rounds is pretty darn good. Is England doing better? Are they not that highest level you are talking about? There is maybe 6-8 teams we might have trouble beating, after that we can play with anyone.
To be good someday, that's a good one....

Knock yourself out if you want to parse level versus suck.

College soccer is so terrible the entire power structure of the sport wants to eliminate it.

Nobody cares for a reason.

6-8 teams the US can't beat? LOL.

Take your imagined victory and have a nice day.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Sorry Dan you missed my point. All apologies to bizlaw who nobody is forcing to read anything.... don't tell me you are out because it isn't entertaining while supporing other unentertaining things because UConn is better at them.

Just man up and say you only support the teams that are good.

Women's basketball was so entertaining UConn had so many fans before they started going to final fours. Oh wait - I'm still friends with players from the late 80's and early 90's and nobody seemed too interested.

Well, I was one of those who cared before we were great, and before most people knew who the heck Bascom was. I was one of those who rooted for Perno's Huskies before I even knew who Calhoun was. Of course, I'm sure there are plenty before me who would tell me that I should have been around for Bialosuknia.

The success doesn't change the excitement of the sport itself (asuming you are at least competitive). But I do understand your point about the fair weather fan. I used to get into the women's hoops games with just my student ID! Good times...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Here is another clue. USMNT is actually pretty good. Do you know how many national teams there are in the world? And how many have soccer as their national sport? The fact that we are not only making the World Cup on a regular basis and now make the knockout rounds is pretty darn good. Is England doing better? Are they not that highest level you are talking about? There is maybe 6-8 teams we might have trouble beating, after that we can play with anyone.
To be good someday, that's a good one....

As someone who avidly follows soccer his entire life, I can tell you that your evaluation of the US National soccer team is incredibly off.

6 to 8 teams?? I could rattle off 8 teams in just Europe who are undeniably better than us, and a few more who are at least our equals. In soccer, we have a ways to go...

Reaction Score
God damn you all. Seriously. We suck and last night was incredibly painful. Talk about it -- fine. Don't talk about it -- also fine.

But do we all have to see this type of absurd self-centered personal discussions where none of you can ever let go of it. Crap -- how about giving us a break on a painful day.

Well no one put a gun to your head and forced you to read this thread. You want a break on a painful day? Then don't log on to the Boneyard! Sheesh, it's like you want to bash your own head with a mallet and then complain about the pain!

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
To the OP: If you did not go to UConn, go ahead and now have PSU as your team. If you are a UConn grad, no. UConn is still FBS. It is like having two teams you root for in baseball, both in the AL East. Or just keep it to yourself

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well, I was one of those who cared before we were great, and before most people knew who the heck Bascom was. I was one of those who rooted for Perno's Huskies before I even knew who Calhoun was. Of course, I'm sure there are plenty before me who would tell me that I should have been around for Bialosuknia.

The success doesn't change the excitement of the sport itself (asuming you are at least competitive). But I do understand your point about the fair weather fan. I used to get into the women's hoops games with just my student ID! Good times...

Obviously there are people like you who really enjoy the niche sports.

I'm sure you'd be a fan of the women's soccer team if they were 5-16-3.

But lets not pretend if UConn played even .700 WBB that there would be any substancial fanbase.

I've got no problem with anyone who gives up on the football team other than we can use the support. Just don't try and claim you aren't just frontrunning and supporting teams when they are good.

Reaction Score
Knock yourself out if you want to parse level versus suck.

College soccer is so terrible the entire power structure of the sport wants to eliminate it.

Nobody cares for a reason.

6-8 teams the US can't beat? LOL.

Take your imagined victory and have a nice day.

Not about caring. It simply was about the terms you don't want to "parse"all of a sudden.

Imagined. Now that's LOL

Reaction Score
As someone who avidly follows soccer his entire life, I can tell you that your evaluation of the US National soccer team is incredibly off.

6 to 8 teams?? I could rattle off 8 teams in just Europe who are undeniably better than us, and a few more who are at least our equals. In soccer, we have a ways to go...

Ok Mr. Avid. Have at it and name them.
Remember to leave Spain off that list, we beat them in the Confed Cup. And Germany and the Netherlands, beat them last year. Portugal? Nope. England? Nope. Czechs? Beat them 2 years ago.
So go to it.
And please, be as avid in reading the post before you respond. I said play with. I didn't say we could dominate all the rest.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Ok Mr. Avid. Have at it and name them.
Remember to leave Spain off that list, we beat them in the Confed Cup. And Germany and the Netherlands, beat them last year. Portugal? Nope. England? Nope. Czechs? Beat them 2 years ago.
So go to it.
And please, be as avid in reading the post before you respond. I said play with. I didn't say we could dominate all the rest.

You think that Spain is not significantly better than us, just because we beat then in the Confederations Cup a few years back??? Then it's not even worth having the rest of this conversation. Honestly, you've named the defending World Cup champion, the defending European champion, and other teams that have personnel far superior to ours. Really not worth having this conversation.

But just so that I hold up my end of the bargain, here are the teams that are superior to us in Europe alone:

Portugal, Spain, England, France, Italy, Germany, Netherlands, Croatia, and Belgium. We would fit in the next Euro pot alongside Turkey, Ireland, Poland, Bosnia Herzegovina, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Slovakia, and Israel. All of those second tier teams would be a threat to win our hexagonal, which we were in danger of even making a couple of months ago, but we're not going to bring that up...

Reaction Score
You think that Spain is not significantly better than us, just because we beat then in the Confederations Cup a few years back??? Then it's not even worth having the rest of this conversation. Honestly, you've named the defending World Cup champion, the defending European champion, and other teams that have personnel far superior to ours. Really not worth having this conversation.

But just so that I hold up my end of the bargain, here are the teams that are superior to us in Europe alone:

Portugal, Spain, England, France, Italy, Germany, Netherlands, Croatia, and Belgium. We would fit in the next Euro pot alongside Turkey, Ireland, Poland, Bosnia Herzegovina, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Slovakia, and Israel. All of those second tier teams would be a threat to win our hexagonal, which we were in danger of even making a couple of months ago, but we're not going to bring that up...

So we just ignore results. This puts a whole new light on the sports world.

Again, I don't know the level of reading comprehension you have, but I did state twice that we can play with most of these countries and that is obvious. That means we can beat them, they can beat us. If the fact that we beat Spain in one of the worlds most coveted cups doesn't tell you we can play with them, you are right no conversation.
Portugal needed a last second goal to tie us in the WC. England, is that a joke? We lost by a goal to that WC champion that swamped Brazil. Your suggestion of the next European pot is comical. We just finished reaching the semi finals of the copa, with the best of South America competing. We then met Argentina, one of the few countries we can't compete with. Would those South American teams fit nicely in that 2nd pot of yours?
I don't know what is the bigger problem for the sport in the US; the lack of fans, or the lack of knowledge from those who say they are fans like yourself.

But please, forward that resultless system you have to FIFA right away. Heck, our football team could sure as heck use it. We are the best team, send us to the playoffs! We didn't lose 7 games, we have better talent than that!

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Holy . This, the dumbest post ever, has now circled the drain so long that it's evolved into an international soccer scandal. We truly have nothing of substance left to argue about.

Reaction Score
The list of college players that have excelled in mls and with the national team is endless. Not sure of that picture you are trying to paint.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

College soccer blows. The game in the US has passed it by. The MLS "Super" Draft is a mere formality these days. Players are drafted and then cut before the season starts.

Bruce Arena would trade his draft picks for happy meals if he could.

Reaction Score
Going by all the logic presented here, college football blows, too. I mean, look at our team. They are not professionals.

Reaction Score
Going by all the logic presented here, college football blows, too. I mean, look at our team. They are not professionals.

You missed the point. It's not like there are legitimate college or pro leagues all over the world to compare it to.

If college football played 5 games a year, and played a two month season, you could maybe begin to see how useless college soccer has become to professional game.

Alum86

Reaction Score
From switching allegiance from UConn to Sandusky State to the zzzzzzzzz sport of Communist Kickball.
Sad.

Reaction Score
From switching allegiance from UConn to Sandusky State to the zzzzzzzzz sport of Communist Kickball.
Sad.

Silly fool. Are you even aware that Silver Spoons and Different Strokes were canceled?

Alum86

Reaction Score
We get you like that sport, Zoo.
Most don't however.
Pele and the Cosmos and the summer of '77 are over.

Ricky Schroeder did turn out to be pretty good on NYPD. And dude wo was Mr Drummond , after playing Maude's neighbor? Emmy worthy.
Bain I think.

Reaction Score
We get you like that sport, Zoo.
Most don't however.
Pele and the Cosmos and the summer of '77 are over.

Ricky Schroeder did turn out to be pretty good on NYPD. And dude wo was Mr Drummond , after playing Maude's neighbor? Emmy worthy.
Bain I think.

Premier League gets better ratings than Hockey and Baseball at that coveted 6 am on Saturday morning time slot. Let me know when you are in touch with reality.

Alum86

Reaction Score
Premier League gets better ratings than Hockey and Baseball at that coveted 6 am on Saturday morning time slot. Let me know when you are in touch with reality.
Not a lot of English spoken in those homes watching on The NBC networks of nonsense. Really, it's like the metric system. Soccer was tried in the '70s, it failed, and Americans never embraced it.
That's reality.

Reaction Score
Not a lot of English spoken in those homes watching on The NBC networks of nonsense. Really, it's like the metric system. Soccer was tried in the '70s, it failed, and Americans never embraced it.
That's reality.

False. It's mostly urban and suburban white families. The Hispanics watch Liga MX which also gets great ratings.

Reaction Score
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

College soccer blows. The game in the US has passed it by. The MLS "Super" Draft is a mere formality these days. Players are drafted and then cut before the season starts.

Bruce Arena would trade his draft picks for happy meals if he could.

Omg
You say this when a player from this school was mls rookie of the year last year from that super draft. You mean they actually could have had a happy meal instead! They would certainly take that over a future cornerstone any day

Ever hear of Jordon Morris? He was rookie of the year this year.

Somebody better tell those teams to cut this trash and run to Micky d's immediately

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
So we just ignore results. This puts a whole new light on the sports world.

Again, I don't know the level of reading comprehension you have, but I did state twice that we can play with most of these countries and that is obvious. That means we can beat them, they can beat us. If the fact that we beat Spain in one of the worlds most coveted cups doesn't tell you we can play with them, you are right no conversation.
Portugal needed a last second goal to tie us in the WC. England, is that a joke? We lost by a goal to that WC champion that swamped Brazil. Your suggestion of the next European pot is comical. We just finished reaching the semi finals of the copa, with the best of South America competing. We then met Argentina, one of the few countries we can't compete with. Would those South American teams fit nicely in that 2nd pot of yours?
I don't know what is the bigger problem for the sport in the US; the lack of fans, or the lack of knowledge from those who say they are fans like yourself.

But please, forward that resultless system you have to FIFA right away. Heck, our football team could sure as heck use it. We are the best team, send us to the playoffs! We didn't lose 7 games, we have better talent than that!

How are we feeling about this thread today?

Just for the record, I really really wished that you were right and that I was wrong. I don't root against my country.

But I'm guessing reality is finally setting in for you now and that my "lack of knowledge" wasn't the problem...

Reaction Score
How are we feeling about this thread today?

Just for the record, I really really wished that you were right and that I was wrong. I don't root against my country.

But I'm guessing reality is finally setting in for you now and that my "lack of knowledge" wasn't the problem...

Don't worry, they always lose games in the hex.
Your status is yet even more secure since you didn't know that either

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Don't worry, they always lose games in the hex.
Your status is yet even more secure since you didn't know that either

Yup, they always lose games in the hex...except this was our worse loss in over 30 years. But don't worry. I don't need you to admit you were wrong, since everyone else already knows you are...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom