As I have said before and Pal and othes with remind you | The Boneyard

As I have said before and Pal and othes with remind you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have ONE more year before before I walk away from UConn FB and back PSU.

I do bleed Husky Blue, seriously, and I would sell my soul to the devil to be competitive in FB, but this is beyond ridiculous.

Temple is miles better than us?
ECU and USF kicks our ASS?
Army would actually beat us bt 14+.
Even in the FHCRE era I could take a VT/UWV serious beat-down and still be dedicated, but this is sh1te.

Unfortunately. and i am squeezing my balls when I say this, We are worse than Rutgers. That's a sad sad fact.

So one more year and its done for me. I love all other UConn sports to the death, but this FB mess is overwhelming.

I won;t even attempt to offer possible cures, but at present to recruit any FBS fb player to commit must be beyond difficult.

It will take hard exeutive moves to restart us, and they are conference oriented. Recruiting wise, at presetnt if we get a commentment by the 35h NJ top rank recruit we will be lucky, unless things change.

If we beat BCU my thoughts will still not change. Next year is it for me, unless we have a competitive team on the field.

And you diehards who say fair weather fan, good for you. But this FB offering by
UConn is crap. I don't blame anyone, but with what we have scene you have to hold people accountable.

Can you believe if the Big 12 picked us and this is our team performance that America would actually give us a pass?

ps coach cap please IM me on what happened to Rose if you can.

So oe more year, greater NE has the players we just have to figure it out, and time is precious.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
I can't disagree with you. I really think that if the school is serious about top level athletics then DB needs to nut up and can Babblin' Bob. I guess if he feels compelled to wait until 1/1/17 to save the money I guess I can live with it, but if that doesn't happen I really question the will of the administration to continue pursuing top level football, which by definition means top-level athletics in general.

Reaction Score
And I told Pal and the BY that I would only give UConn FB 3 or 4 years to get it together. And he said fair weather fan FFFCKKK off, but (I'm sad to say ) I am moe right than wrong.

So i go to othe UConn sports, like hockey, WBB, Msoccer, (always been a hard core MBB fan) but I have to give up what others think is the number one college sport.

Damn you execs, get it right!!!!!!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That was one of the five worst football games I've ever seen and it still was better than any women's basketball game or college soccer game I've ever seen.

But hey if you only can support teams when they win you can still keep busy.

Reaction Score
I don't get people jumping ship, I really don't. It's always darkest before the dawn.

I stayed until the final whistle tonight, I will never abandon the program.

Then, if changes don;t happen, you can see then drop down and paluy
UMass, Fordhard, UMaine, with Trinity or Wesleyan being their OCC games.

Reaction Score
That was one of the five worst football games I've ever seen and it still was better than any women's basketball game or college soccer game I've ever seen.

But hey if you only can support teams when they win you can still keep busy.

It those FB games gave you a charge compared to Mens Hokey, MBB, WBB and UConn Soccer then I admire your experiences.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It those FB games gave you a charge compared to Mens Hokey, MBB, WBB and UConn Soccer then I admire your experiences.

Yeah nothing gets the juices flowing like a 98-36 women's basketball game.

College soccer is like watching a mediocre tennis player hit a ball against a brick wall. It's just a terrible sport.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score

College soccer is like watching a mediocre tennis player hit a ball against a brick wall. It's just a terrible sport.
Actually a great sport when watching the professionals. Hideous otherwise.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
People can choose to do what they want when they want, I suppose.

I just find it ironic that a person who set a timetable for his fandom exit would choose to have a picture of Danny Lansanah as his avatar. Lansanah is the epitome of grinding through adversity. Hell, the guy spent some time playing for the Hartford Colonials and Las Vegas Locomotives in order to keep his NFL dream alive. And he eventually made it back to the NFL, and I'm sure he continues to grind it out every day...

Reaction Score

I probably won;'t change your mind, or even want to, but in the Mens soccer game - those are really engaged fans, and the soocer team is highly ranked and supported and plays great.

in WBB, and it took me a long time, Geno is playing to the end to show the Nation how excellence is plaued all game long. ie noone want to see a 50-15 half time score and the second/third team play the second half. In ach game he is showing Ameria how it can be done. WBB is a dynasty and Geno realizes he has to show the crowd 60 minutes of dynasty ball.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I probably won;'t change your mind, or even want to, but in the Mens soccer game - those are really engaged fans, and the soocer team is highly ranked and supported and plays great.

in WBB, and it took me a long time, Geno is playing to the end to show the Nation how excellence is plaued all game long. ie noone want to see a 50-15 half time score and the second/third team play the second half. In ach game he is showing Ameria how it can be done. WBB is a dynasty and Geno realizes he has to show the crowd 60 minutes of dynasty ball.

I've been to soccer games. They are fine and all - but the level of play is brutal. I think Geno's teams play 40 minutes - and yeah it's nice and all that they always win - it's also more boring that watching Ron Johnson run into the line 3 times as impossible as that seems. Sports aren't interesting when they aren't competitive.

Reaction Score
I don't get people jumping ship, I really don't. It's always darkest before the dawn.

I stayed until the final whistle tonight, I will never abandon the program.
Impressive. Not sure I could handle the reeking of desparation that long.

Reaction Score
People can choose to do what they want when they want, I suppose.

I just find it ironic that a person who set a timetable for his fandom exit would choose to have a picture of Danny Lansanah as his avatar. Lansanah is the epitome of grinding through adversity. Hell, the guy spent some time playing for the Hartford Colonials and Las Vegas Locomotives in order to keep his NFL dream alive. And he eventually made it back to the NFL, and I'm sure he continues to grind it out every day...

Yes you have a foundation to say I'm cutting bate and skating. No argument there. But as we have discussed before any fan's decision is his. i love Lansannah, especailly his quote to Edsal when hurt somehting like "I'm fine - I'm not that hurt I'm from PA." And DL is a hall of fame UConn palyer in my mind - no doubt.

That is what I am talking about, total player deication to RE;s program (PA style). What we have now, getting blown out by teams that have no business being in contention in the second half, assuming our Standard Uconn team, is what is sapping my energy to watch (and support). For isstance we should seldom get overplayed by Temple, Navy, Maine, Cuse , and ECU

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Yes you have a foundation to say I'm cutting bate and skating. No argument there. But as we have discussed before any fan's decision is his. i love Lansannah, especailly his quote to Edsal when hurt somehting like "I'm fine - I'm not that hurt I'm from PA." And DL is a hall of fame UConn palyer in my mind - no doubt.

That is what I am talking about, total player deication to RE;s program (PA style). What we have now, getting blown out by teams that have no business being in contention in the second half, assuming our Standard Uconn team, is what is sapping my energy to watch (and support). For isstance we should seldom get overplayed by Temple, Navy, Maine, Cuse , and ECU

Lansanah didn't sit there thinking he was too good for the Las Vegas Locomotives. He took it as a challenge to get to where he wanted to go, and he got there.

Again, feel free to do what you like; that's your prerogative. I just find your avatar extremely ironic, that's all...

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Reading the OP and then his follow-ups were actually more painful than watching last night's game. I'll assume it was a few dozen too many beers...or a broken keyboard, or both, mixed with a good dose of pure frustration.
Just jump if you're going to jump. No need to prolong the agony and expose us all to it. Who cares who you told about your plans to stay for a few years depending on football success?
Don't walk away mad. Just walk away.

Reaction Score
Yes - I meant the sport of 'college soccer', not the sport of soccer.

The list of college players that have excelled in mls and with the national team is endless. Not sure of that picture you are trying to paint.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The list of college players that have excelled in mls and with the national team is endless. Not sure of that picture you are trying to paint.

Many more college baseball players have as well and college baseball sucks too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom