As I have said before and Pal and othes with remind you | Page 4 | The Boneyard

As I have said before and Pal and othes with remind you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yup, they always lose games in the hex...except this was our worse loss in over 30 years. But don't worry. I don't need you to admit you were wrong, since everyone else already knows you are...

No, not anybody that knows what they are talking about.
Keep scraping. A loss is a loss. You open up when you are behind and expose yourself to more goals in the process. All that matters is you get thru. Bet you didn't know that either.
I'd like to keep educating you, but I would like to see more potential before I waste any more of my time.

Reaction Score
Omg
You say this when a player from this school was mls rookie of the year last year from that super draft. You mean they actually could have had a happy meal instead! They would certainly take that over a future cornerstone any day

Ever hear of Jordon Morris? He was rookie of the year this year.

Somebody better tell those teams to cut this trash and run to Micky d's immediately

One guy out of an entire draft made an impact.

One.

Guy.

You do realize that MLS is no better than second or third division soccer in any big European country right?

Reaction Score
No, not anybody that knows what they are talking about.
Keep scraping. A loss is a loss. You open up when you are behind and expose yourself to more goals in the process. All that matters is you get thru. Bet you didn't know that either.
I'd like to keep educating you, but I would like to see more potential before I waste any more of my time.

They didn't "open up" they completely collapsed. They showed no ability to move the ball in any sort coherent or competent fashion.

Reaction Score
I have ONE more year before before I walk away from UConn FB and back PSU.

I do bleed Husky Blue, seriously, and I would sell my soul to the devil to be competitive in FB, but this is beyond ridiculous.

Temple is miles better than us?
ECU and USF kicks our ASS?
Army would actually beat us bt 14+.
Even in the FHCRE era I could take a VT/UWV serious beat-down and still be dedicated, but this is sh1te.

Unfortunately. and i am squeezing my balls when I say this, We are worse than Rutgers. That's a sad sad fact.

So one more year and its done for me. I love all other UConn sports to the death, but this FB mess is overwhelming.

I won;t even attempt to offer possible cures, but at present to recruit any FBS fb player to commit must be beyond difficult.

It will take hard exeutive moves to restart us, and they are conference oriented. Recruiting wise, at presetnt if we get a commentment by the 35h NJ top rank recruit we will be lucky, unless things change.

If we beat BCU my thoughts will still not change. Next year is it for me, unless we have a competitive team on the field.

And you diehards who say fair weather fan, good for you. But this FB offering by
UConn is crap. I don't blame anyone, but with what we have scene you have to hold people accountable.

Can you believe if the Big 12 picked us and this is our team performance that America would actually give us a pass?

ps coach cap please IM me on what happened to Rose if you can.

So oe more year, greater NE has the players we just have to figure it out, and time is precious.
They did go to a bowl game last year, I think the conference realignment is getting the best out of you. The team sucks but it could be worse.

Reaction Score
One guy out of an entire draft made an impact.

One.

Guy.

You do realize that MLS is no better than second or third division soccer in any big European country right?

Because I named one guy.
Two actually
I could sit here and fill pages of college players, it is really that silly. I wanted to see if you even knew who these two were.
Don't try and make this another arguement because you lost this one. This is not a mls vs. European strawman. You elected to rip college players in mls.

Reaction Score
Because I named one guy.
Two actually
I could sit here and fill pages of college players, it is really that silly. I wanted to see if you even knew who these two were.
Don't try and make this another arguement because you lost this one. This is not a mls vs. European strawman. You elected to rip college players in mls.

Blake and Larin?

I'm an MLS season ticket holder, I know what I am talking about. It's not top flight soccer in world terms.

Just because one guy per draft makes an impact in an entire league doesn't mean college soccer is validated.

College players from 15-10 even five years ago don't count either. The game has passed college soccer by.

Reaction Score
Blake and Larin?

I'm an MLS season ticket holder, I know what I am talking about. It's not top flight soccer in world terms.

Just because one guy per draft makes an impact in an entire league doesn't mean college soccer is validated.

College players from 15-10 even five years ago don't count either. The game has passed college soccer by.

You want to change to the word impact now and go around in circles? You came on like college players are non existent in the league when in fact the league is dotted with college players of all types.
You continue the strawmen with trying to compare with world terms. Again, your reply to me stated that mls had passed the college player by.
It may not be as many as years ago, but it certainly isn't what you are misrepresenting.
And if there are consistently a few players each draft earning playing time, and the mls is improving, then absolutely college soccer is validated.
So you go to the games that's great. I also hear blowhards at our football games screaming to go for it on 4th and 2 at our own 30. Point being it certainly doesn't make you an expert if you go.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
c5839569d72eabfa76c6f2de537c92a82f75764ca71cc2bbe4b562b59be3b103.jpg

Reaction Score
You want to change to the word impact now and go around in circles? You came on like college players are non existent in the league when in fact the league is dotted with college players of all types.
You continue the strawmen with trying to compare with world terms. Again, your reply to me stated that mls had passed the college player by.
It may not be as many as years ago, but it certainly isn't what you are misrepresenting.
And if there are consistently a few players each draft earning playing time, and the mls is improving, then absolutely college soccer is validated.
So you go to the games that's great. I also hear blowhards at our football games screaming to go for it on 4th and 2 at our own 30. Point being it certainly doesn't make you an expert if you go.

I didn't say they were non-existent. I said they don't make much of an impact. In future years players like Latin and Blake won't be choosing college, they'll more options to play professionally and you can already see the real talent avoiding college soccer altogether.

Reaction Score
I didn't say they were non-existent. I said they don't make much of an impact. In future years players like Latin and Blake won't be choosing college, they'll more options to play professionally and you can already see the real talent avoiding college soccer altogether.

That remains to be seen. We have been hearing that for years here, but as long as parents value the college scholarship in our society, colleges will remain in the mix. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, it's just how it is.

Reaction Score
That remains to be seen. We have been hearing that for years here, but as long as parents value the college scholarship in our society, colleges will remain in the mix. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, it's just how it is.

It doesn't remain to be seen. It's happening, plain and simple. The draft means less and less every year. Every year you see managers dealing away their picks, it's a complete non-event. They are turning to other places to find talent.

You also need to take an objective look at the college game. It's garbage.

Reaction Score
It doesn't remain to be seen. It's happening, plain and simple. The draft means less and less every year. Every year you see managers dealing away their picks, it's a complete non-event. They are turning to other places to find talent.

You also need to take an objective look at the college game. It's garbage.

You can make the same observation about the NBA draft. Teams pass on college talent and pick European players 2 years away! Trade picks constantly. How many college players that are picked see the court? Are you going to rail about college basketball being garbage?
I can't suffer your stupidity anymore

Reaction Score
You can make the same observation about the NBA draft. Teams pass on college talent and pick European players 2 years away! Trade picks constantly. How many college players that are picked see the court? Are you going to rail about college basketball being garbage?
I can't suffer your stupidity anymore

NBA draft is still way more meaningful than the MLS Draft. It's the only league in the world in that sport that uses a draft. In this sport by the time you turn 21 you're expected to be an established professional. This is why internationals giggle whenever they refer to 22-23 year old player as a "rookie".

And yes the quality of college basketball has decreased over the years with one and dones. You don't see as many teams as before that are stacked with seniors. Great players basically make a cameo appearance.

It's talked about all the time. Thanks for strengthening my argument.

Reaction Score
God seriously this has become a board of complainers, just go to the games game drunk yell and watch some football.

Reaction Score
NBA draft is still way more meaningful than the MLS Draft. It's the only league in the world in that sport that uses a draft. In this sport by the time you turn 21 you're expected to be an established professional. This is why internationals giggle whenever they refer to 22-23 year old player as a "rookie".

And yes the quality of college basketball has decreased over the years with one and dones. You don't see as many teams as before that are stacked with seniors. Great players basically make a cameo appearance.

It's talked about all the time. Thanks for strengthening my argument.

So in essence you are saying college BB is garbage too. Ok, at least you are consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom