Article on Ice’s slow start | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Article on Ice’s slow start

Reaction Score
with the apparent loss of Patterson up front, Ice now knows that she's a major part of UConn's success or failure going forward.......time to step up!!

Reaction Score
Shes has been unimpressive so far. I expected to see more based on the hype. It seems too many post players at Uconn don’t improve anymore
Yeah, let’s see any other freshman big sit out for more than a year while recuperating from her first serious injury without losing a big part of their game. She’s got to get a lot of stuff back that was once second nature! All ths with he added pressure of knowing that people are judging her constantly, based on her high ranking, and the high praise her coach heaped on her before she was injured! Add in also, the pressure of knowing that the team desperately needs her because everyone is injured and the fact that she plays for UConn!
She is just overwhelmed with all of that and the speed and physicality of the game. She will be fine. She is simply going through what most big players go through when they first step into the college game. However, it is much tougher for her because of all the other factors mentioned above. Very soon now, the game will begin to slow down incrementally and we will begin to see the player we all envisaged when she first committed! How good will she be? I have no idea as I never saw her play in High School but she was the number two post in her class so she must have something going for her. People need to stop with the negative pressure and give her some time to sort it out. She will make us all proud!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
As uconnfan68 said, they didn’t have to sit out for a year, recuperating from a major injury!
My post had nothing to do with that. I was responding to a post that stated that it takes longer for a post to adjust to the college game than it does a guard or non-post.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom