AP Top 25 - UConn down to #11 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AP Top 25 - UConn down to #11

Reaction Score

Other notables -
UCLA down 5 to #7
USC down 4 to #15
Utah down 4 to #20
UNC down 4 to #24
Lots of (so called) upsets. I think, as much as women’s basketball has improved over the past 15-20 years, we’re about to see an even greater jump in the next five! There just seems to be really good players coming up everywhere you look! The level is rising so rapidly that what was a top ten skill level 15 years ago is probably top 20-25 now and where there were 1-3 great players per year, there are now 6-10+! Not very artfully worded but the skill level is just off the charts! It’s an exciting time for women’s basketball fans!

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Ohio State and Indiana's 4 spot jumps feel a bit unearned (especially Indiana's); but given all the losses last week, staying undefeated against weak competition lets you move up in voters eyes.

They do play each other this weekend though...so it likely works itself out.

Reaction Score
Why? They smoked us on our home court in front of a hostile crowd and all of the Husky greats Geno could drag out to Gampel in the middle of January. If you're not ranking the teams based on head to head results, then what are you basing it on?
Syracuse beat Notre Dame twice, including on Thursday @ Notre Dame and are still behind them.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Uconn fell 3 places and ND leaped up a whole single position!!!

If polls are the best tool basketball has we're in trouble. I wish I could see who voted for what to understand what's going on.
Click on All voters at the top to get a pull down menu.

Reaction Score

Other notables -
UCLA down 5 to #7
USC down 4 to #15
Utah down 4 to #20
UNC down 4 to #24
It sucks to be a school with a “U” in its name

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Wait a minute. We lost to a ranked team and beat a ranked team. What is going on here. We've lost 4 games to ranked teams and beaten 5 ranked teams.
Last week when we beat Marquette, they were not in the AP Top 25. But they were close, 26th.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
We are screwed for tournament seating and location. ND was a huge game and we blew it.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
We can get back to top 10 if we beat SC, but that's a long shot.
1706575266026.png

Reaction Score
Ohio State and Indiana's 4 spot jumps feel a bit unearned (especially Indiana's); but given all the losses last week, staying undefeated against weak competition lets you move up in voters eyes.

They do play each other this weekend though...so it likely works itself out.
If you haven’t seen IU play, check them out. They are a solid team and the rematch should be a game to see.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Thanks but when I select an individual voter it doesn't show their votes. Am I missing something?
The poll will change, showing each person’s individual votes

Reaction Score
They lost to Syracuse!

True but Syracuse also upset FSU the week prior and nearly upset VT yesterday as well. Gotta imagine pollsters are thinking Syracuse has potential.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Why? They smoked us on our home court in front of a hostile crowd and all of the Husky greats Geno could drag out to Gampel in the middle of January. If you're not ranking the teams based on head to head results, then what are you basing it on?

Everybody losses to somebody, many lose to teams ranked below them

You'd have to be unbeaten to be ranked above everybody. It is what it is.

Using your argument, Cuse should surely be ranked higher than ND, they beat them twice

Reaction Score
At least no new injuries in that horrid ND game. Each of the last two ND games featured an injury to a key UConn player -- Paige in 2021, Azzi in 2022. (We played them in early December the previous two times).

Super disappointed in Saturday's game, but always remembering: we've got FIVE players out. Yes, ND has a key player out. But not three starters, and not five total.
Paige, Edwards and Muhl have been starters all season, no?

Kat

Reaction Score
As the top ranked teams lose games to tough competition, UConn will be cruising through the Big Easy, and rising in the rankings.

Reaction Score
Paige, Edwards and Muhl have been starters all season, no?
But would they have been if we had a healthy Jana, Azzi and Ducharme? Me thinks not. I think the likely starters a fully healthy team would have been Paige, Azzi, Carol, Aaliyah and Jana.

Also, Azzi, Carol and Aubrey have all been starters before as well. So either way you slice it, three starters are out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom