Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
IMG_1518.jpeg

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I was expecting #13 tbh, so I will take this. On to the next and time to start another winning streak!

Reaction Score
I don't really give a lick about the AP, but I hoped for a top 10. 11 is fair. We really played awful against ND. What I can't believe is that Vandy isn't ranked.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I don't really give a lick about the AP, but I hoped for a top 10. 11 is fair. We really played awful against ND. What I can't believe is that Vandy isn't ranked.
They had two losses last week.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
If you're not ranking the teams based on head to head results, then what are you basing it on?
But then you would have to put Syracuse and North Carolina ahead of Notre Dame as well.
And then you would have to put Virginia Tech ahead of Syracuse, as well as Virginia ahead of North Carolina.
And then you would have to put Duke ahead of Virginia Tech, and Pittsburgh ahead of Virginia.
And then you would have to put Clemson ahead of Duke.

Reaction Score
But then you would have to put Syracuse and North Carolina ahead of Notre Dame as well.
And then you would have to put Virginia Tech ahead of Syracuse, as well as Virginia ahead of North Carolina.
And then you would have to put Duke ahead of Virginia Tech, and Pittsburgh ahead of Virginia.
I understand there's always going to be logical conflicts, but I would put a lot more weight on the most recent matchup over results from earlier. If ND wasn't ranked like NC State at the time they beat us, I would say you can't jump them ahead of us, but we weren't that far apart in the rankings where you might call their win a fluke. If we played ND ten times on a neutral court, what do you think the results would be? I think even the most optimistic of Husky fans would say they'd likely win at least a few of those games.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I understand there's always going to be logical conflicts, but I would put a lot more weight on the most recent matchup over results from earlier.
If Notre Dame hadn't just lost to Syracuse (by a margin similar to that of our game), they might have moved ahead of us. Their "bad" loss and their "good" win more or less canceled out.

Reaction Score
No way we can beat SC, unfortunately. Too long, too strong, too long much bench. We must be happy to keep a position between 10 to 15.

Reaction Score
While my expectations were reset a bit due to the ND game, but in any game against all but SC and Stanford, I would bet UConn to win. While trying not to over evaluate Huskies or under appreciate other team's skills, I view UConn' starting 5 to be better. Up to Geno to coach around some of the Huskie's warts.

Reaction Score
ND should be ranked ahead of us.
Uconn fell 3 places and ND leaped up a whole single position!!!

If polls are the best tool basketball has we're in trouble. I wish I could see who voted for what to understand what's going on.

Reaction Score
I honestly think this is fair, maybe even a bit generous, following the loss to ND. Can't say I'm upset about it.

I assume UCLA dropping so far is in part due to the loss of Betts.

As for our game against SC, I do not expect a win, but if we can play competitively (like last year, in IMO was an even more challenging season), I will be happy. If we have a "good" loss to SC and then continue to blow out BE opponents, then we might end up cracking the top 10 again. But I think it will also depend on how the other top 10 teams due. If there's more upsets of the top 10 to unranked teams then that will help us. But at this point, we are were we are. Might as well focus on the last month of the regular season and close it out on a high note.

Reaction Score
At least no new injuries in that horrid ND game. Each of the last two ND games featured an injury to a key UConn player -- Paige in 2021, Azzi in 2022. (We played them in early December the previous two times).

Super disappointed in Saturday's game, but always remembering: we've got FIVE players out. Yes, ND has a key player out. But not three starters, and not five total.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Hey now. That last sentence wasn't needed in my opinion.:confused:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom