AP Top 25 - UConn down to #11 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

AP Top 25 - UConn down to #11

Reaction Score
But would they have been if we had a healthy Jana, Azzi and Ducharme? Me thinks not. I think the likely starters a fully healthy team would have been Paige, Azzi, Carol, Aaliyah and Jana.
There is no chance Jana would have started over Nika. I'll bet that thought never even crossed Geno's mind.

Reaction Score
There is no chance Jana would have started over Nika. I'll bet that thought never even crossed Geno's mind.
strongly disagree. We need a center more than anything, no way was the plan to play four guards from the start.

Reaction Score
strongly disagree. We need a center more than anything, no way was the plan to play four guards from the start.
It was. There is zero chance Geno was benching a multi-year senior starting PG for a player that had never played a minute of college ball just because she's tall. If that was indeed the plan, he could have simply started Ice over Nika to fulfill that second big role in the starting lineup. Geno's own words show how much he wants Nika on the court as much as physically possible. As recently as last night he reiterated how they are a different team with her on the court for the 10000th time, but probably he could say it 10000 more times and it won't be enough for the Nika detractors because they simply know more than coach does.

Reaction Score
It was. There is zero chance Geno was benching a multi-year senior starting PG for a player that had never played a minute of college ball just because she's tall. If that was indeed the plan, he could have simply started Ice over Nika to fulfill that second big role in the starting lineup. Geno's own words show how much he wants Nika on the court as much as physically possible. As recently as last night he reiterated how they are a different team with her on the court for the 10000th time, but probably he could say it 10000 more times and it won't be enough for the Nika detractors.
Geno has said it wasn’t though. If he was going to move anyone to bench it would be Ducharme but a Geno has said multiple time he PLANNED on having a center to start along Aaliyah until Jana got hurt.

Reaction Score
But would they have been if we had a healthy Jana, Azzi and Ducharme? Me thinks not. I think the likely starters a fully healthy team would have been Paige, Azzi, Carol, Aaliyah and Jana.

Also, Azzi, Carol and Aubrey have all been starters before as well. So either way you slice it, three starters are out.
Muhl was always going to be a starter. Get real, still the best PG Uconn has. As for Jana, you are speculating, nobody knows what was there and ready at this level without her injury, nobody. In any event, Paige, Edwards and Muhl were starters coming in, so yeah, three starters not two. Hyperbole works sometimes, not this time.

Reaction Score
Muhl was always going to be a starter. Get real, still the best PG Uconn has. As for Jana, you are speculating, nobody knows what was there and ready at this level without her injury, nobody. In any event, Paige, Edwards and Muhl were starters coming in, so yeah, three starters not two. Hyperbole works sometimes, not this time.
You also don’t know. But we do know the actual FACTS that Ducharme, Griffin , and Fudd have all been starters and considered main starters jn their time at UCONN. So three starters.

And if Nika is the best point guard we have why has she, CD AND Geno all said how hard is has been for her to move it of the point guard position this season? She’s not even playing pg now and you think she would be the main PG for a healthy UConn team. Mhmmm.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom