Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide? | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think our starting five to begin the 2017 season would be:
Center - Jatarie White
PF - Joyner Holmes
SF - Megan Walker
SG - Ariel Atkins (I think she would slide down from SF in 2016 to SG in 2017)
PG - Whoever wins the job among Brooke McCarty, Alecia Sutton, or Chasity Patterson
What about Higgs. She will be a Jr. and Uconn had a hard time guarding her in the E8 this past year. Love her game!

Reaction Score
The fact that megan put on the uniform to pose, I think she is telling us her decision :(
It's a business-like pose, showing no emotion. Advantage UConn!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
In FF it was Doty and Faris at guard with KML, Stewie and Dolson.

In the Final Four it was, yes. Part of that, I believe, was ceremonial for Doty. She only played 3 minutes against ND and 13 against Louisville in a rout.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The Doty starting in the NCAAs happened after the loss to ND in the BE. They had a team meeting where they discussed what people would 'give up' for the team success and Bria 'gave up' her starting spot to Doty. It didn't have a significant difference in minutes played, but perhaps had a psychological impact for the team who didn't lose again and avenged the ND hex they had been living with.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I suspect a lot of the 'posing' in uniforms is associated with pick-up games - the recruit gets to the locker room and there is 'practice' gear laid out for them. At Uconn it is probably just the standard practice gear, at other schools it is an actual uniform. And the pictures are not 'photo shoots' they are 'casual' events - hey lets do a picture.

I still find it a little much - like the things TN used to do with the name on the uniform and on the locker, and the video presentation on the scoreboard screen.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
welp all of this shows that Stewie didnt start

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
What about Higgs. She will be a Jr. and Uconn had a hard time guarding her in the E8 this past year. Love her game!
Higgs is a very talented and athletic guard; still very raw in certain areas. Texas' depth this season and next season is at PG. And, those PGs are good enough shooters and scorers that they could also play SG. Higgs is more of a true SG; possibly, the only one at Texas unless you consider Ariel Atkins more of a guard than a small forward. A big difference between Ariel and Lashann is that Ariel is a much better shooter, especially from beyond the 3-point line. Lashann is more of a slasher and take-it-to-the-basket player; her shooting needs work.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I suspect a lot of the 'posing' in uniforms is associated with pick-up games - the recruit gets to the locker room and there is 'practice' gear laid out for them. At Uconn it is probably just the standard practice gear, at other schools it is an actual uniform. And the pictures are not 'photo shoots' they are 'casual' events - hey lets do a picture.

I still find it a little much - like the things TN used to do with the name on the uniform and on the locker, and the video presentation on the scoreboard screen.
Nevertheless what I still find strange and unsettling is the sight of college BB coaches in the homes of 13-17 year old girls. Yeah I know it common, acceptable and perfectly legal. Yet it just pushes the wrong buttons in that sad little daddy mind of mine.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I honestly believe that Megan wasn't sure 2-3 weeks ago. She seems to be considering all seriously. That concerns me a little, because she hasn't differentiated UConn in her mind. We should know in a day or a couple of weeks.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Nice theory, but incorrect. Texas included a shot of her standing in front of a photo drop and it was a pro shooting with a big camera/tripod affair.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
They had trouble in the first half. I don't recall her being as effective in the second half.

Reaction Score
I honestly believe that Megan wasn't sure 2-3 weeks ago. She seems to be considering all seriously. That concerns me a little, because she hasn't differentiated UConn in her mind. We should know in a day or a couple of weeks.
I believe she loves and wants to go to Uconn. Just look at the evidence of how many times she been to storrs and games and said she has a great relationship with Geno and Staff. I think she wants to make sure Conn. is where she wants to spend the next 4 years.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Unless the rule has changed recently the NCAA prohibits teams from practicing (pick up games) in team Uniforms until the first official practice. Practice gear is only thing allowed.

Reaction Score
I agree, it seems a bit odd to me for these kids to pose in various schools' uniforms, but maybe they like to do this. If everyone is doing it, UConn will probably be doing it too before long. It's not as if UConn is upholding some moral principle in not doing the uniform photos. I don't have a handle on what make kids choose one school over another, but if that could affect an important decision, what's the harm?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Well gang....the wait is almost over. We should hear something by Wednesday afternoon. Keep hope alive. :)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
well she did wear UConn T-shirts... and Kia-like ripped jeans while in Storrs

Reaction Score
So, collier is 18 and then what others do "we" need. I am already counting Brunelle in 19. We need to keep the dynasty going. Name the roster Brunelle fresh year.

Reaction Score
I'm quite sure it means nothing.

However, Walker changed her twitter header (the background photo at the top of her page) to a picture of her and Westbrook.

It's the hope that kills you.
If she was a lock at Notre Dame she would have informed the coaches before she left campus or would have already verbeled. I don't think she has any idea where she wants to go. I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up waiting to late signing period. And does Westbrook have anymore visits left or was Notre Dame her final visit? Westbrook is from the west coast could be hard to get her to come all that way to South Bend. As much as I want Megan I'm still sticking with what I've said from the beginning she will end up at Notre Dame. At the end she wants to go to a program with the best chance to knock of the best program and Notre Dame has the tools. I'm still not sold on Texas until they can win a confrence title and final four berth. Notre Dame has owned the ACC since they joined and done everything but win a title in all these years!! Fingers crossed but Notre Dame will win out ... We will find out when she's ready to announce!!

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I wouldn't mind it if players that have already committed to the school in question put on their future uniforms but in this case it's totally meaningless to "model" for multiple schools...I believe our ND friends on this site will even be surprised by this... it's good to know that UConn doesn't bend to current trends like this.......

Charlie -- As you know I was at ND and saw a lot of of things that surprised me (some of those ramifications I heard about while driving east in Pa. when they replaced their defensive coordinator in football. ). Anyway, I digress:
- Little surprised by this picture, but maybe times they be a changin'.
- Like Orangutan, I don't think this means a whole lot.

- I wandered into the Joyce Center/Purcell Pavilion and the girls team were starting/ending a shoot-around. I saw Westbrook and Walker talking to various folks on the sideline dressed in workout clothes (now that I see that picture I know it was them).
- Brianna Turner was taking layups, practicing some post moves and looked very fluid.
- Erin Boley was drilling jumpers from everywhere...she is solidly built and looked pretty good on some dribbling moves.

Can't speak for anything else that transpired except that the weather was spectacular Friday-Saturday-Sunday. She didn't announce while at ND so we'll see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom