Aneesah Morrow list | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Aneesah Morrow list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
SC could still host but yeah it would be odd to host a top recruit without the bulk of your team on campus.

I believe during her LSU visit a decent portion of the team was not there but Flaujae and Reese were her hosts. I would bet SC has some players still around on campus if she did come...

I'm assuming she is visiting and will make a final decision pretty soon. Morrow seems to like to mislead public viewers and build up hype
I wonder if having Flaujae and Angel as her hosts is significant. Obviously both of those are big outgoing personalities, high on the NIL list, and very much attention seekers. It may be for other logical reasons, but it also could be an indication that Morrow's choice is highly influenced by NIL (show me the money) opportunities.

If she goes there, with her hosts and Van Lith, that would be 4 players potentially seeking the ball a lot, and the limelight off the court. Having said that, I suspect that Mulkey might be able to handle a potential circus better than most, but it might be the toughest challenge of her coaching career too.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score

jennifer lawrence whistle GIF

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Looks like she didn’t visit SC, with that I think it’s LSU
.....and then there were two. That's the only way we can read those tea leaves. Like Dawn and her staff, Kim knows how to close a deal.
If Kim really really wants you, she'll make you a "Godfather" offer. ;) We all remember what a Godfather offer is......

Reaction Score
I wonder if having Flaujae and Angel as her hosts is significant. Obviously both of those are big outgoing personalities, high on the NIL list, and very much attention seekers. It may be for other logical reasons, but it also could be an indication that Morrow's choice is highly influenced by NIL (show me the money) opportunities.

If she goes there, with her hosts and Van Lith, that would be 4 players potentially seeking the ball a lot, and the limelight off the court. Having said that, I suspect that Mulkey might be able to handle a potential circus better than most, but it might be the toughest challenge of her coaching career too.
Food for thought

While I do believe it will be a challenge for Kim getting players to adjust roles much different from their previous programs... Kim is highly blunt about expectations and what a players role is coming into her program. Flaujae learned the hard way early on when she it campus about selfish basketball play and changed her tune very quickly. These kids have to know if they were to come play under her, they won't be shooting it 30 times a game. Hailey Van Lith 100% knows this. If Morrow comes, she would 100% know she won't be the main star and will be playing with far better players and taking on Ladazhia Williams kind of role next to Reese. If the player can swallow their pride and focus on improving their game and the betterment of the team, I think it will be fine for all parties. Will it be different for some and take some major adjustments? Sure, I think everyone expects that

For the record, I hear a lot that Reese doesn't want to share the basketball. She may have a ego and be full of herself but she passed the ball as much as anyone on the team and was one of the assist leaders. Her assists sky rocketed at LSU

Reese stat:
Maryland Sophomore Season: 48 assists to 81 turnovers
LSU Junior Season: 81 assists to 80 turnovers

Reaction Score
The word here in Baton Rouge is they feel good about this acquisition. I know many think this move is about something other than money but the players in all sports at LSU are getting paid huge NIL money. They also have a great coach and fan support so they have a lot of positives to draw the players right now.

As a fan I hope she goes elsewhere just because I think the portal will hurt our ability to get talent out of high school. Right now everything is heading in the right direction here and I wouldn't want to jeopardize the future for the now. Great players seek coaches that are loyal and I think using the portal is anything but loyal.

Reaction Score
Food for thought

While I do believe it will be a challenge for Kim getting players to adjust roles much different from their previous programs... Kim is highly blunt about expectations and what a players role is coming into her program. Flaujae learned the hard way early on when she it campus about selfish basketball play and changed her tune very quickly. These kids have to know if they were to come play under her, they won't be shooting it 30 times a game. Hailey Van Lith 100% knows this. If Morrow comes, she would 100% know she won't be the main star and will be playing with far better players and taking on Ladazhia Williams kind of role next to Reese. If the player can swallow their pride and focus on improving their game and the betterment of the team, I think it will be fine for all parties. Will it be different for some and take some major adjustments? Sure, I think everyone expects that

For the record, I hear a lot that Reese doesn't want to share the basketball. She may have a ego and be full of herself but she passed the ball as much as anyone on the team and was one of the assist leaders. Her assists sky rocketed at LSU

Reese stat:
I don't know that I have seen a lot of people saying Reese doesn't want to pass the ball so much as she is going to want to take a lot of shots. She took 414 shots a Sophomore and that increased to 560 at LSU.

And I think when you look at the make up of LSU next year it's that they have a lot of scores but relatively inefficient ones that require high volume shooting for their impressive statistical output. And they are a bunch of players great at creating their own shot but no one that is particularly good at creating shots for others. All of that could be fine but it could also all lead to a team that is less than the sum of its parts.

Hailey Van Lith took 623 shots last year
Angel Reese took 560 shots last year
Morrow took 802 shots last year

By comparison the last 4 NPOY total field goal attempts:

2020 Sabrina Ionescu: 421
2021 Paige: 424
2022 Aliyah: 441
2023 Caitlin Clark: 715

The point being, you have three players used to NPOY usage on different teams, agreeing to smaller roles now in the abstract but experiencing that smaller role may not be what they expect.

Reaction Score
It looks like those players celebrating are were PURPLE... or were they supposed to
be TIGER STRIPES?? !!! The fat lady may not be singing, but she is sure whistling a
certain fight song!!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Food for thought

Reese stat:
Agreed. I caught a lot of LSU games on sec network and yes. She passes the ball and would get super excited when the player made the bucket!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Per Angel Reese tweet, Morrow is not visiting South Carolina.

ash. @_ashhlayyy
aneesah morrow canceled her official to SC, yeah she going to lsu
1f62d.svg

Reaction Score
Her visit to South Carolina doesn’t start until tomorrow I believe, so I wouldn’t expect a decision until Monday at the earliest.

I’m expecting to see an announcement detailing her commitment date prior to that, though.

Looks like I was wrong. Committing to LSU on the day she was supposed to start her SC official is not what I saw coming at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom