Andre Jackson is Staying in the Draft | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson is Staying in the Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would LOVE Andre at #35, as a Celtics fan. That would make up for recent events.
Looking for AJ to find a place to develop at next level.. No particular team preference.. But of the teams mentioned by Woj that he worked out for.. The one team mentioned with the most draft capital is Indiana.. Picks 7/26/29/32/55.. Interestingly enough-- They just hired a special consultant to their front office and coaching staff that knows a little bit about shooting--Larry Bird.. Think LB would appreciate AJ's unique skills and assets.. Not mentioned as a team that looked at him in a workout but has draft capital.. Charlotte.. Picks 2/27/34/39/41..

Not an indication of who will eventually select him --nor the best roster for him to be on--but strictly about who has draft capital this particular year.. FWIW..Utah with picks 9/16/28..

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Nearly a top 50 recruit and maybe the best raw athlete of his class.

Injured for part of his freshman year, took a while to get going but eventually became part of the bench rotation.

Started sophomore year but again clearly behind some key guys, and was still learning to refine his game.

Team captain junior year, came out with energy and passion and a love for the game. Gave 100% on both ends of the floor. Had some glaring weaknesses and became nearly unplayable as other teams schemed against him. But he bought in to what his coach was telling him, found ways to impact the game, and broke out to be a leader of a championship run.

From unplayable, to NCAA champion, to NBA draft pick all within a 5-6 month span. Andre Jackson is the ultimate case study on how to maximize your opportunities by buying into your team and giving it everything you have
Amen. And may he continue to astonish everyone for years to come with his raw athleticism, skills and as mentioned his total dedication to his team with everything he has. A very very special young man.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
It's all been said about Andre by now, but man will I miss watching him. He just kept getting better, especially as a facilitator. The way he could take the ball down the floor at light speed and have the vision and anticipation to find the right teammate in the right spot, with the confidence to make some brilliant, creative, entertaining passes. Incredibly unselfish. He's the kind of player that can't be your first option on offense, but if you surround him with first options he'll make everyone around him better.

Question: if you put his all-time highlights reel against any other Husky's all-time highlights reel... does anyone top Jackson?

Reaction Score
Consider that Andre needs more development than most. Vecenie and Spinella made this point on some Game Theory podcast and I thought it made sense. They likened his development trajectory to a guy like Gary Payton III. His shot needs to be completely rebuilt and he probably isn’t playable until it is at least meh and that is different than “raw.”
You cannot teach size or athleticism. Period. Remember Chris Wilcox with Maryland. Just a defensive leaper. Dre has a handle and elite level vision. I could see them focusing a little less on 3 pt shooting and more on ball handling to run him as a big guard.

Reaction Score
You cannot teach size or athleticism. Period. Remember Chris Wilcox with Maryland. Just a defensive leaper. Dre has a handle and elite level vision. I could see them focusing a little less on 3 pt shooting and more on ball handling to run him as a big guard.
Who? Enough said. But, seriously, I feel like there is a good chance that this doesn't end well for him, depending on his goals. I feel like, with NIL money in the picture, that he could have stayed one more year and worked on his shot. Then I think he has a chance to stick in the NBA long term. Having said that, IF he goes in the first round, I think he will be ok. If he drops to the second round, I don't think it will be long before he is playing overseas.

Reaction Score
Going to miss that lightning fast push up the court off a defensive rebound. Good luck in the future, Dre.
Denver has kind of reinvented the push at the NBA level. These things go in cycles and the push style fast break may be coming back.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Great opportunity for him and wish him the best, but….

Sad Jim Carrey GIF

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
That play aga
It's all been said about Andre by now, but man will I miss watching him. He just kept getting better, especially as a facilitator. The way he could take the ball down the floor at light speed and have the vision and anticipation to find the right teammate in the right spot, with the confidence to make some brilliant, creative, entertaining passes. Incredibly unselfish. He's the kind of player that can't be your first option on offense, but if you surround him with first options he'll make everyone around him better.

Question: if you put his all-time highlights reel against any other Husky's all-time highlights reel... does anyone top Jackso

Question: if you put his all-time highlights reel against any other Husky's all-time highlights reel... does anyone top Jackson?
That play against Georgetown where he inbounded, received the ball near half court and created a one man fast break still blows my mind. I’ve never seen something that crazy. Guy just out hustled everyone and created something out of nothing.

Reaction Score
Where ever he lands he will be the most popular guy on the team, create a better atmosphere, and will bring that team together. He'll evolve as the next Joker.

Reaction Score
Where ever he lands he will be the most popular guy on the team, create a better atmosphere, and will bring that team together. He'll evolve as the next Joker.
There's a decent chance Andre won't become the best player in the NBA and an all-time NBA great.

Love the optimism though!

Reaction Score
spe·cial
adjective
adjective: special
  1. better, greater, or otherwise different from what is usual.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
He will go in the first round and Hawkins will go higher than expected. I really thinks if he was a no doubt 2nd round this year he comes back. Because barring a career ending injury there is no way someone with his skills is not going to enter the draft and not be chosen in the first two rounds. So there would be minimal risk. He could fall out of the first round but no way he was going undrafted in 24. Now I am hoping everyone is wrong and someone takes Sanogo in rd 2.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
There's a decent chance Andre won't become the best player in the NBA and an all-time NBA great.

Love the optimism though!
But there is a better than not chance that Hawk will!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom