Andre Jackson is Staying in the Draft | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson is Staying in the Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
I think Portland would be happy if he fell to 43, though they already have Matisse Thybulle. If they don't keep him Andre could have a chance at some minutes.

Reaction Score
I am so happy for this kid. He gave his all and was all about UConn. I wish him every good thing in the world.

Andre is Captain UConn for sure.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Andre Jackson is emblematic of everything you want in a kid that puts on the Connecticut uniform.
There's too many superlatives and clichés that Andre fulfills... where to begin?
Selfless, team-first, hard-working gym rat. Does all of the little things on the court and many spectacular things as well.
Makes winning plays.
Uber-athlete.
Tremendous leader.
Captain.
Champion.
UConn Legend.

Congrats, Andre... go get em in the league. You'll be missed.

Reaction Score
One of the greats. I think this was the 100% right decision for him. Go get ‘em!

Reaction Score
Andre Jackson should be a case study for recruiting

Came in with some weaknesses, was properly utilized to highlight his skill set, and even though he vocally mentioned a desire to stay, Hurley practically forced him to explore the option because it was better for Andre, even at the detriment of UConn/Hurley

Think about how rare that is in today’s game. How many times has Boehiem absolutely bashed a player for leaving or transferring.

Textbook development and high integrity help from Hurley on this decision

Reaction Score

BEST OF LUCK ANDRE!!!

Right choice for him but I see him as a second round pick that a team will put in the G-league. He is going to have to develop some type of offense to make it to the NBA but I wouldn't doubt Andre. He is a UCONN hero and intergral part of the team. Hopefully he develops some semblance of a jump shot and can make layups that are ugly floaters. Best of Luck and definitely the right choice for him if he is pretty much guaranteed a shot to develop in the G league with a 2nd round pick.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Andre.

Andre was The Answer.

Reaction Score
Close call. Scouts and GMs are pretty mixed. It's a cliche that you only need one team to fall in love though, and he's the type that will definitely get somebody to fall in love.
Man, I really hope so. I absolutely love the kid but I'm bracing for him being a second round pick. I desperately hope a team has fallen in love with him enough as a player and person that they use a first round pick on him and we see him get some serious playing time next season.

I want him to make it as badly as any kid I can remember, he's just an awesome person with unique athleticism and game. He will be a big part of the UConn family for years to come and I pray I'm hearing UConn references as he's leading fastbreaks in the NBA next season.

Reaction Score
Los Angeles Densi GIF by CBS

Reaction Score

Came in with some weaknesses, was properly utilized to highlight his skill set, and even though he vocally mentioned a desire to stay, Hurley practically forced him to explore the option because it was better for Andre, even at the detriment of UConn/Hurley

Think about how rare that is in today’s game. How many times has Boehiem absolutely bashed a player for leaving or transferring.

Not sure if everyone (especially a few people here) will appreciate this, but this is pretty much it.

Go be great, Dre!

Reaction Score
Everyone's favorite player for multiple reasons plus his dedication to UConn, big loss to the team but we wish him well. I hope he gets drafted high enough.

Reaction Score
Would love to see him in Celtic green.

If he is ever able to develop a servicible shot, many teams are going to rue passing on him. He's really the one guy that if he can figure out the shooting, someone will be getting an absolute steal.

Reaction Score
All-time Husky. I remember being on a plane when I saw that he committed to us and laughing my *** off at Syracuse. One of those guys who is just so easy to root for.

Reaction Score
I think Portland would be happy if he fell to 43, though they already have Matisse Thybulle. If they don't keep him Andre could have a chance at some minutes.
I want him to go wherever the top pick goes. Lob city!!!!

Reaction Score

We all know Hurley pushed Andre to go for the right reasons as it was the correct thing for Hurley to do, which is put Andre's best interests first. Having said that, it's a great recruiting tool as well that Kimani Young, Tom Moore, and Luke Murray can speak to in their recruiting trips-Hurley will always put the player's best interest above his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom