Andre Jackson is Staying in the Draft | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson is Staying in the Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Heart of a lion.. A Champion's will.. God-given creativity and athleticism.. Have never seen a college athlete with such modest statistics impact a game in such a dramatic way ..Game after game..

Go do your thing and never look back.. We've got your back--Andre..

Reaction Score
Total Bummer. Really loved to watch him and he would have been even more spectacular this year with some improved shooting. But, he’s got to chase his destiny and I wish him huge success. He’s amazingly gifted.

Reaction Score
I think he will be a stud. Maybe not a great scorer but great in every other facet
Defensively and on the boards he has a chance to be a Rodman 2.0.
But his passing is what will really make him stand out. Sparkplug off the bench.

Reaction Score
Kid loves the school so much. Prob knew the decision a while ago & still took some convincing to pull the trigger.

A true situation of knowing what you should do, but it still is tough to do. Speaks to kid’s character that making millions is the tough thing to do
Exactly my thoughts about his love of UConn. I suspect he wanted to come back but I think Hurley pushed him to pursue his dream now because it might be his best shot. There’s alot of love and respect between them.

Reaction Score
Heart of a lion.. A Champion's will.. God-given creativity and athleticism.. Have never seen a college athlete with such modest statistics impact a game in such a dramatic way ..Game after game..

Go do your thing and never look back.. We've got your back--Andre..
Perfectly stated!!

Reaction Score
Congratulations to Andre, Met him and Sanogo last summer at the Yardgoats game last July. He responded the hardest to my “Are we gonna win the MFing Championship next year” question..

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Andre Jackson is emblematic of everything you want in a kid that puts on the Connecticut uniform.
There's too many superlatives and clichés that Andre fulfills... where to begin?
Selfless, team-first, hard-working gym rat. Does all of the little things on the court and many spectacular things as well.
Makes winning plays.
Uber-athlete.
Tremendous leader.
Captain.
Champion.
UConn Legend.
Knock down shooter? I mean he did say everything you'd want

Reaction Score
A wonderful guy and some team is going to be thrilled they picked him. He is a talent, hard worker, and a winner. Smart kid, big heart. Always, represented the program well.
I also think he will get time as a defensive stopper and good passer but then develop into a pretty good shooter. He can do so much on the court to win a game and is loved by his teammates.

Reaction Score
AJAX was a pretty unusual & amazing college player for UCONN. We all wish him the best.

AJAX's playing time at the next level will depend much on his developing an outside shot & scorer's attitude.

Remember: THE MOST IMPORTANT STAT in the NBA Now is 'THREE-POINT ATTEMPTS.' Where does that put AJAX with his current shot?

Father Demo

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
Kid became a Husky legend and the cherry on top is Syracuse had to watch him do it. Expected but still bittersweet. Best of luck to the young man.

Sad Am Fine GIF by MOODMAN

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Even if he doesn't go first round, he'll find a way to make an impact that can't be ignored and make a roster.

I'm kind of chuckling at the universal praise AJax is getting here. I've been in the chat room with a bunch of y'all during the past three years and remember all the invectives sent his way, even this year.

He's been a joy to watch. Godspeed, young man.

Reaction Score
Even if he doesn't go first round, he'll find a way to make an impact that can't be ignored and make a roster.

I'm kind of chuckling at the universal praise AJax is getting here. I've been in the chat room with a bunch of y'all during the past three years and remember all the invectives sent his way, even this year.

It makes sense though. Everyone has always loved the kid. He does things the right way, he's a leader, he absolutely loves UConn, and he helped UConn win a championship.

It's easy to overlook the clear deficiencies in ones game and highlight the things he's clearly great at when it ends in a championship, it's even easier when a kid is so likable. Even though UConn has won 5 of them it puts you in rarified air when you win a national championship.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Being torn down is a right of passage here. It means we care… :)

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
Will will never see anyone like AJ again. One of the most unique talents ever at any level, he makes the game exciting for anyone watching. He was the heart of the team and will be missed more than most realize/

Reaction Score
Will will never see anyone like AJ again. One of the most unique talents ever at any level, he makes the game exciting for anyone watching. He was the heart of the team and will be missed more than most realize/
Exactly. The skill level right now at the top levels of basketball is the best it’s ever been. However, everyone (tries to) plays the same way. Andre is different.

Reaction Score
A true team first kid who always left it all on the floor. I never saw, nor probably will ever see again, a college kid impact the game the way he did without chucking up 20 shots. If there is anyone who defies the odds in the nba, I am betting on Andre Jackson! Congrats to him and well deserved.

Reaction Score
Regarding Andre’s draft prospects, I’ve often heard that a player needs one unique and elite skill to make it in the league. Andre has four; defense, rebounding, passing and “energy”. I think he’s going to surprise a lot of us with his impact in the league but I’m still going to miss him wearing a UConn jersey as much as any player we have ever had.

Reaction Score
Just a unique player. It's hard to explain how impactful a player could be without being able to shoot. We are going to miss that guy that chases down every loose ball, long rebounds which bounce away and rebounds which are so critical. Rebounds and pushing the team to fast breaks in an instant. His defense on and off the ball, his passing for a swing big. I certainly had my frustrations at times with is inability to score but they made the adjustments last year that even made him more valuable. He will be missed but thank you to AJ for being a true Husky, a tough unselfish Husky.

A far as the draft, I hope it all works out for his sake. I watch a Haywood Highsmith come in the game for Miami against the Celts to guard someone and just grab minutes. I mean AJ is so much of a better basketball I know there's a spot for him but it needs to be like that, the right team. He'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom