Jackson
Akok
Carlton

Gaffney
Al
Adams
Polley
Brown-Ferguson/Springs

I wouldn’t hate that. If a commentator calls Al a “calming influence” though I’ll barf.

Reaction Score
If he plays the way he did today- even with turnover with under a minute- I’d take him in a heartbeat. Did what he had to do when the situation called for it and played exceptional on ball defense. Best game of the year for him by FAR! Good leader and great teammate.

Reaction Score
Lol, we’d be lucky to have AG back next year. Newsflash, a guard from the worst conference in the country is not gonna turn us into a contender. And double LOL at those saying AG would be benched for Cole. Either they start together, or Cole is 6th man.

Reaction Score
More depth at PG is never a bad thing, but Hurley would have to crack down on his low basketball IQ tendencies much more than he does now. And he would have the depth to do it.

Gilbert would have to deal with not being the go-to guy. I'd welcome him back in that scenario, scholarships permitting.

Reaction Score
I’d love to have AG back. His jumper has been getting better and better and he’s played well several games in a row. His defense is stellar. I’d start AG and Cole together. An experienced backcourt in a two pg system. We’ve been to that rodeo many times. Works well for us every time.

Reaction Score
Things can change but all I’ve heard is that this is his last season. He probably doesn’t want to say it publicly because it’s not set in stone and because that will lead to too many “last game for alterique against Houston where he’s 0-3” tweets and articles by our forever negative beat writers.

Reaction Score
I'm just happy to see AG shining some light on what his plans might be for next year. Reading it here over the past several months has been complete BS. I would definitely like to see him return for his senior season of balling. With this whole season under his belt, the coaching and learning curve that he is on, AG will bring the most veteran playing to our very good backcourt next year.

Reaction Score
Say what you want but its obvious AG has not figured out the D1 competition yet. I think the injuries really set him back. Next year he will have figured things out, make the adjustments and show why he was a McDs. He can not go out this way! Also Sophomore Bouk by his side vs Vital should be an upgrade.

Gaffney needs more time as well, its January and he doesn't appear comfortable, confident or assured of his game.

Reaction Score
Things can change but all I’ve heard is that this is his last season. He probably doesn’t want to say it publicly because it’s not set in stone and because that will lead to too many “last game for alterique against Houston where he’s 0-3” tweets and articles by our forever negative beat writers.
That's what I heard before the season and early season, people are saying he's leaning on coming back now. Who knows...

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
While I understand the frustration many have with AG, I feel like many are frustrated with him because of:

1. Unrealistic Expectations of him this year
2. Bad weekend in Charleston
3. A bad pass at the end of the game today

He is the leader of this team, and while that might mean nothing to many of you, it matters to the players on the team. Stop acting like the right move is being so cutthroat.

Reaction Score
I would welcome him back. I never felt that we had enough ball handlers this year. Adding RJ Cole and retaining gilbert/gaffney will give us enough in my opinion.
No doubt Hurley rolled the dice at PG especially with AG ‘s history.
Injuries to Gaffney have slowed his growth but the handle drop off is a tad large for me.

Reaction Score
It seems the board is largely in favor of his return. I’m very much on the fence with this one. He has a LOT of limitations as a player. The most frustrating one being his decision making abilities as a floor general in clutch moments. I don’t think a more talented roster around him solves that.

If he comes back I’ll root to the ends of the earth for him. If he leaves I don’t think we’re in a bad spot. Regardless, I still think we’re 2 players away from truly contending in the BE or as a top 25 team - a scoring guard or wing and an elite big such as Cliff.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I was thinking the other day how we would miss AG next year For various reasons mentioned previously.... defense, ball handling, penetration, passing, etc. I also worried about replacing JA scoring....

I would welcome AG back as well. He is one tough kid that's still getting back to his former self. AG deserves having a good season. Having multiple ball handlers would help as well.

Reaction Score
He should make $ for his efforts. If he comes back and if we put real weapons around him it will really be something
I still think part of his problem is that he and Vital don't trust the bigs to catch and make plays. I can see why. But aside from the one pass, which really hurt, he and Vital made many really good decisions most of the game. He just missed some shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom