Alterique potentially coming back | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Alterique potentially coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If Cole is iverson + mark price in 1 then play him 40 every game next season.

good problems to have. I’m a big AG fan considering the makeup of this year’s team. Next year is a new story if he stays or goes.

if it’s in his and the teams best interest he stays then let’s go win the Big East

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I watched today's game and many others since 1962.

Some posters like to criticize the players harshly. You qualify sometimes.

I'm surprised by those who do so and object when thereafter their posts are criticized. It's as though they don't recognize that they've 'opened the door.' You might as well be tweeting, "So unfair." The old phrase, "dish it out but can't take it" applies. What's up with that?

My belief is that you can present yourself better. Nobody is playing defense, or pressuring you. That's what the players have to contend with.

You are likely among the many here who are older than their teens and young 20s, and have had many years to mature emotionally and improve tbeir skills in supporting the team they root for. You've written twice as many posts as I have, and it bothers you that you're catching some flak for punching down? You want a free ride to complain about and rag on the players, perhaps? What other friction-free expectations do you have?
My understanding is that this is a place to discuss UConn basketball. It’s what I do here. The highs and the lows.
I support this team and these players and live and die with every possession. Passionate and probably to a fault.
Sure I’m critical of them at times but I absolutely want them to do well. No one is playing defense on my posts and I’m not sure how my posts could be “wrong” or whatever it is you’re implying. If my posts are my thoughts then they are correct. I don’t personally attack players or anything thing like. I discuss their performance on the court and so it goes that’s not always positive. Doesn’t mean I’m not going to discuss it. Perhaps there’s a sub-forum to discuss posters’ performance you can find.

Reaction Score
I think it's his shoulder. Maybe not the same ROM or balance or what have you. Kid was a 50% 3pt shooter in high school iirc. I don't think he'll be a great shooter here on out.
I've heard players who suffer significant shoulder injuries say that the feel/muscle memory is the hardest thing to get back and often is the last thing to come back. He's had 3 injuries.
After his commitment, I remember following him for a little bit. He was a good shooter and a defensive nightmare for other guards just bringing the ball up. I remember following games and he would be 5/6, 4/6, 3/4 from 3 point range.
Watching his injuries over the years has been heartbreaking at times. I'd welcome him back in a heartbeat. For the hard work and his dedication, he deserves to leave on his terms.
I think with Cole, he could really prosper.

Reaction Score
Honest question, why wouldn’t we want him back?

I think the 2 arguments are:
1. His turnovers are killing us and aren’t improving
2. We don’t want the possibility of him returning to interrupt the development of Gaffney and Cole

I think the pros outweigh the cons. He’s a leader who will be in his 5th year of D1 ball (even if he’s only played 1 full season). He’ll bring toughness, experience, and heart to the team. I’m telling you, he frustrates me a lot but this kid breathes UConn and leaves it all out on the floor.

Have to believe Jackson is a day 1 starter at the 3. These are good problems to have.

I hear you. Jackson might be the most Hurley-type player on the roster next year. I think the 3 locks to start are Cole, Bouknight, and Akok. I think Gilbert could start if he returns, Polley could start if he’s ready, Jackson could start, heck even Wilson could start if dedicates himself to the gym. But agree...these are good problems to have.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Even if Gilbert back, he’d be very valuable off the bench. Gaffney still has proven he isn’t ready.

Reaction Score
Even if Gilbert back, he’d be very valuable off the bench. Gaffney still has proven he isn’t ready.

True but let’s not underestimate the effect of him missing most of pre-season practices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom