Alterique potentially coming back | The Boneyard

Alterique potentially coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Know I'll get killed for this but I hope he stays. He'd be going into his second year healthy. With another summer to work his game. Between shoulder surgeries and eye injury he really has has only had 1 full healthy off season and hopefully 1 full season this year.

Reaction Score
It can only be a good thing. We don't know that RJ Cole is an upgrade and having three guys that could run the point would be great option wise. It would also make his mistakes easier to stomach as long as he still has time to learn from them.

Reaction Score
If getting a guy like Cliff is off the table and we keep AG I wouldn’t mind it.

He’s a good kid and from what his team mates and staff say he’s a good leader and I trust him with the ball.

His health all depends on whether or not he stays. I think he would be much better next year than this year if healthy. Kid hasn’t had a complete season yet and could use one to help his stock.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Where would he go? There's no chance he gets drafted this year and even the G-League is a stretch. He'll have to play extremely well from here on out if he wants to even play in a middle-tier Euro league next season.

Reaction Score
I would definitely welcome him back. He is talented. He can guard, and he’s getting better and more adjusted now that he’s been playing consecutive seasons. At the end of the day, the guy can defend relentlessly and he starting to learn when to penetrate and when not to.

Reaction Score
If he can help I want him back. With no CV and Gafney, RJ, Adams all with potential but who knows you would think we have room. I'm sure Hurley and AG will figure out best path forward.

AG could shine on a good team, hopefully UConn a good team next year.

Reaction Score
Know I'll get killed for this but I hope he stays. He'd be going into his second year healthy. With another summer to work his game. Between shoulder surgeries and eye injury he really has has only had 1 full healthy off season and hopefully 1 full season this year.
You shouldn't get killed for it. I absolutely want him back. He drives me nuts with mistakes I don't think he should still be making but he will be better with more experience and more talented weapons around him. Part of his problem is he thinks he has to do too much for us to win. He can pretty much always break his man off the dribble, with more experience and not feeling the weight of the world to carry us he could be quite good. Cole and Gaffney isn't enough.

Reaction Score
Where would he go? There's no chance he gets drafted this year and even the G-League is a stretch. He'll have to play extremely well from here on out if he wants to even play in a middle-tier Euro league next season.
Grad transfer route to a good team....not endorsing just saying he has that option.

Reaction Score
How does our scholarship situation look with Alterique back next year?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Grad transfer route to a good team....not endorsing just saying he has that option.

That would be our luck, especially if he turns it on and has a marquee season.

Reaction Score
That would be our luck, especially if he turns it on and has a marquee season.
He has to do what's best for him. UConn in the Big East should be enticing to him unless we suck again. Maybe he and Hurley will both want to move on or maybe will both agree to take one more shot together.

AG and RJ in back-court might be a good combo though.

Reaction Score

How we feeling about this?

Gaffney has not been nearly good enough. I know he missed a lot of time with a tough ankle injury but he looks slow and not nearly explosive enough. He needs to show rapid improvement before the end of this season or we need another point guard

Reaction Score

He has no chance of getting drafted next year too.

Reaction Score
If he plays like he did tonight I think a veteran would be important. Obviously if we can get Cliff or Seth Town over AG we would take Cliff or Seth

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I am SQUARELY on team bring AG back. I’m skeptical about our PG/ball handling situation next year. I think he’s finally starting to get over his mental issues with the shoulder. I want him to have a winning season with us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom