Alterique Gilbert injures shoulder at JBC | The Boneyard

Alterique Gilbert injures shoulder at JBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Does not look good. Taken off on a wheelchair, looks like he is in a lot of pain.

Reaction Score
Looked like he was in quite a bit of pain. Maybe a dislocation. Hope he's OK.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Looks like a dislocation, which really hurts but the recovery time shouldn't be too bad.

Hope he's ok

Dr. Tiger Woods can show him how to pop in to place before the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
I turned it on, saw a guy injured with people around him and said "I better make sure it's not our guy but since there's 24 or so guys I doubt it" - Guess again! WTH

Hope he recovers and gets healthy fast.

Hey Christian, why even bother going to LVille, end it on Tuesday

Reaction Score
Yeah i mentioned it in the JBC thread, Gilbert could be out basically until first night (torn labrium, hopefully it isn't that)... pretty much worst case scenario happened tonight. i know its a lazy pun but vital is friggin vital

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

Looks like a dislocation on a simple reach in. Not good. Each dislocation weakens the muscles in the shoulder making it easier and easier to dislocate. Hmmm, any shoulder surgeons out there with some recommendations? Is PT able to strengthen?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
The injury was a non-contact one as well, which typically is a bad sign.

Reaction Score
image.png

Not sure what the source is but hoping this is true

Reaction Score
From Oz on TOS, is ok.
Separated shoulder. Just spoke to Moms. They are in the hospital. No surgery or break of any kind. Thank god!
Good! We don't need anymore setbacks for next year. We can't afford to lose a guard and especially one as talented as AG.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The injury was a non-contact one as well, which typically is a bad sign.
That is a fragile shoulder. He's going to have to build up muscle around his joints if he wants them to last.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I guess this is where I need to weigh in. If it's a separated shoulder (an ac joint injury) that's the best case scenario. Since it was non-contact it would be grade 1, or at worst grade 2, and no surgery needed

Based on the video I think a deltoid strain is even more likely, and should also recover uneventfully.

A subluxation/instability episode of the shoulder is also possible, but with a non-contact injury it is possible that it's simply due to being stretchy, and might be treatable with just rehab. Unfortunately if there is a torn labrum virtually 100% of young athletes will have additional instability episodes without surgery.

Let's hope it's the deltoid or the ac joint.

And yes, as a matter of fact I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Reaction Score
Sounds like this will be an on going problem. Don't like the sounds of that.
Yeah eventually it'll call for an offseason surgery. My cousin had increasingly frequent should dislocations and eventually tore his labrum, resulting in needed surgery. Hopefully it never interferes with his development too much. He will want to address it in due time though.

Reaction Score
Yeah eventually it'll call for an offseason surgery. My cousin had increasingly frequent should dislocations and eventually tore his labrum, resulting in needed surgery. Hopefully it never interferes with his development too much. He will want to address it in due time though.

Sounds like the same thing that Purvis went through before he had his labrum surgery during his redshirt year, he said the shoulder kept popping in and out so he had the surgery to take care of it.

Reaction Score
As an FYI: There is a distinct difference between a dislocated shoulder and a separated shoulder.

Dislocation: Causes the top of your arm to pop out of the shoulder socket

Separation: Tears the ligaments that connects the collarbone to the shoulder blade

They are not interchangeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32