Alex Officially Transferring | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Alex Officially Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I guess this means that AO thinks Calhoun will be back. Nice

lol Congratulations. You are today's "silver lining" award winner.

Reaction Score
Good luck? Are you guys serious? Good riddance! I hope where ever he goes he learns how to catch the ball, how to use his body, and how to not be so damn soft. Hes not a husky anymore. He couldn't handle it. Go have fun at hofsta and smoking weed with Coombs.

Reaction Score
No, that's just you being a hater.

If he was leaving because of the NCAA ban, not an issue at all. But that isn't it. Mentally, he isn't tough enough. He played a key role in a title, but once things turned a bit stormy he ran and hid. Keep running from your problems, Alex.

I'm confused here...you're calling me a hater and then essentially say the same thing?

Reaction Score
lol Congratulations. You are today's "silver lining" award winner.

I am going to one up myself. Maybe this means AO thinks JC AND AD are going to return.

And honestly, I am very appreciative of Alex and he seemed like a great kid but I don't think anyone is incredibly bummed out that he is leaving.

Reaction Score
If its true that AO Sr didn't inform not only his wife but the coaches as well he seriously needs to go in a corner and sit the duck down. It's bad enough he was positing gibberish in the comment sections of articles all season, but this is over the top.

Reaction Score
Clearly his dad is a very emotional guy. It's just weird because he was the one who wanted AO to play for UConn and Jim Calhoun in the first place.

Reaction Score
This is a very sad situation. As another poster mentioned, this isn't some kid transferring because he couldn't hack it or because he hated Calhoun. Alex Oriakhi is a kid who loved UConn, loved his teammates, and played a crucial role in bringing national title #3 to Storrs. It's very sad that he couldn't have been a Husky for life. Of course I wish him all the best going forward, and I will remember his career in a positive light. However, this does leave a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. You would hope that a three year starter and national champion would feel a little more loyalty toward Calhoun and the program. You would have hoped that he would have stuck it out through the APR fiasco, and that he would respond a little bit better to Calhoun's coaching. It's disappointing that he never learned how to play with Drummond. Best of luck AO, but I think you're making a big mistake.

Reaction Score
I think everyone should calm down until we hear it from Alex. His Dad has already proven that he has too big of a mouth.

Alex had a rough year but so did the whole team.

Think everyone should stop the bad-mouthing and let things play out. You can't win em all.

Reaction Score
Clearly his dad is a very emotional guy. It's just weird because he was the one who wanted AO to play for UConn and Jim Calhoun in the first place.

Because he thought AO would be another EO, his pops needs to realize he doesn't have it in him to be on that level.

Reaction Score
Kevin Duffy has been very good on the beat all season long, but you'd think he'd get a corroborating source first before he went through with the story.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
This is a very sad situation. As another poster mentioned, this isn't some kid transferring because he couldn't hack it or because he hated Calhoun. Alex Oriakhi is a kid who loved UConn, loved his teammates, and played a crucial role in bringing national title #3 to Storrs. It's very sad that he couldn't have been a Husky for life. Of course I wish him all the best going forward, and I will remember his career in a positive light. However, this does leave a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. You would hope that a three year starter and national champion would feel a little more loyalty toward Calhoun and the program. You would have hoped that he would have stuck it out through the APR fiasco, and that he would respond a little bit better to Calhoun's coaching. It's disappointing that he never learned how to play with Drummond. Best of luck AO, but I think you're making a big mistake.

Good post.

Really weird situation. I'm appreciative for what Alex did and wished he would've finished his career at UConn. He obviously showed flashes of being a great player but couldn't sustain it over the course of a season ( and really never more than the 11 game run last year ). Always seemed to me like he couldn't deal with adversity as well as some of the other guys we had. For instance, he'd come out play hard and tough, then get a cheapo foul and it would just seem to ruin all of his momentum for literally the rest of the game.

Oh well. Hopefully he finishes up the spring semester in good standing and finds success at a different school.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Kevin Duffy has been very good on the beat all season long, but you'd think he'd get a corroborating source first before he went through with the story.

When the source is the kid's Dad what more do you want?

To add to that, Kevin Duffy has been great all season long. You guys definitely need to follow him on twitter for good UConn news/post game quotes. Believe it is @KevinRDuffy

Reaction Score
When the source is the kid's Dad what more do you want?

To add to that, Kevin Duffy has been great all season long. You guys definitely need to follow him on twitter for good UConn news/post game quotes. Believe it is @KevinRDuffy

Even if it's his dad, I think he should go and ask UConn. He's a very good reporter, so he clearly has sources on UConn's end that he could go to in order to confirm.

Reaction Score

You would think the kids' father would be all the source he would need....but damn....something very wrong with that father.

I take back everything negative I have ever posted about AO.....if this "parent" has been in his ear all year, it is EASY to see the reason he struggled this year.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Even if it's his dad, I think he should go and ask UConn. He's a very good reporter, so he clearly has sources on UConn's end that he could go to in order to confirm.

Probably right. I'm sure UConn officials will hear about it soon enough.

caw

Reaction Score

I have zero problem with Alex leaving IF the NCAA ban is in effect, the kid should have a chance to play in the NCAAT again before he graduates. It does seem a bit odd that he would transfer even if he had to sit out a year.

I like AO and wish him the best. I hope he gets good enough to make the NBA and have a long career. He may not have been Adrien here at UConn but just because he didn't fit*, doesn't mean he's a bad kid.

I don't want to be rude but are his parents divorced? Nothing wrong with it, but it seems like his mom has been either out of the loop or his dad is out of the loop. Why would you tell this to a journalist before letting your wife know? Or why would you let your dad tell the press without telling your mother? Just very perplexing.

*Edit: fit is the wrong word. I should have said just because he had a down year.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
There's just no way I can see this as anything but awful news. He had a down year? So did everyone. I want him back for his senior year.

Reaction Score
I have zero problem with Alex leaving IF the NCAA ban is in effect, the kid should have a chance to play in the NCAAT again before he graduates. It does seem a bit odd that he would transfer even if he had to sit out a year.

I like AO and wish him the best. I hope he gets good enough to make the NBA and have a long career. He may not have been Adrien here at UConn but just because he didn't fit, doesn't mean he's a bad kid.

I don't want to be rude but are his parents divorced? Nothing wrong with it, but it seems like his mom has been either out of the loop or his dad is out of the loop. Why would you tell this to a journalist before letting your wife know? Or why would you let your dad tell the press without telling your mother? Just very perplexing.

Why would you let your dad open his mouth, before letting Uconn know....

I have no problem being rude, especially when somebody continually shoots off from the mouth publicly.....they are fair game. He needs to stfu, and stop trying to be a damn glory hound. His son is the talent. Not him.

caw

Reaction Score
Why would you let your dad open his mouth, before letting Uconn know....

I have no problem being rude, especially when somebody continually shoots off from the mouth publicly.....they are fair game. He needs to stfu, and stop trying to be a damn glory hound. His son is the talent. Not him.

I have to wonder if he contacted the press or the press contacted him.

It's just odd all around.

His dad seems seriously pissed about something. Which is weird after seeing Kemba's mom still coming to games this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom