Alex Officially Transferring | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Alex Officially Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Everything about this thread is sickening:

1. That the CT Post would use the title, "AO Transferring," rather than a proper title, such as, "AO's Father Says AO Transferring."

2. That the OP compounded the issue by making the same mistake.

3. That the CT Post has not changed its headline.

4. That more than a handful of posters felt the need to directly slam the kid.

5. That not one of them has thought better of it and edited/deleted/apologized for his post.

Kid gave three years of his life to UConn.

He was the anchor on our 3rd Championship team.

He had a rough year that was caused, in large part, by things outside of his control.

To beat on the guy for being "soft" is inconceivable to me.

You know that guy we refer to? 6/5 and 250?

Alex is bigger than that. Call him soft to his face, p-ssies.

Shame on all of you for trying to bash him when you heard he was on his way out. Shame.

Aren't you the guy who says Dyson was a cancer? STFU

Reaction Score
He'll end up at a URI type place. Kid is a limited player with an attitude. Go 2 Hostra and plan with Jamal Coombs-McDaniel.

Don't let the door hit you....

temery

What?
Reaction Score
No, that's just you being a hater.

If he was leaving because of the NCAA ban, not an issue at all. But that isn't it. Mentally, he isn't tough enough. He played a key role in a title, but once things turned a bit stormy he ran and hid. Keep running from your problems, Alex.

It appears his dad sees the 2013 sanction as an opportunity to transfer without having to sit out.

Reaction Score
Aren't you the guy who says Dyson was a cancer? STFU
I'm ONE of the guys who says that.
And, to work the metaphor, while Alex was the anchor of our 2011 NC team, Dyson was just an anchor around the neck of the program. I never thought Dyson played for anybody but himself, and the fact that we never won an NCAA game with him playing is a testament to that.
To throw Dyson selfish-play bashing out as a defense to Alex "soft" bashing is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
And, to work the metaphor, while Alex was the anchor of our 2011 NC team, Dyson was just an anchor around the neck of the program. I never thought Dyson played for anybody but himself, and the fact that we never won an NCAA game with him playing is a testament to that.
To throw Dyson selfish-play bashing out as a defense to Alex "soft" bashing is ridiculous.

Dyson gave way more than Alex did.

Reaction Score

You are ridiculous. What does it matter that you are ONE of the people who said that? That justifies it? There are more than ONE saying the same thing about Oriakhi. I don't care what you 'thought' about Dyson. You didn't know him. Just because he didn't win a title you're justifying your ridiculous attacks on him and then acting all high and mighty when other people are doing the same thing you did.

To borrow a line from you. SHAAAAAAAAAAAME.

Reaction Score
You are ridiculous. What does it matter that you are ONE of the people who said that? That justifies it? There are more than ONE saying the same thing about Oriakhi. I don't care what you 'thought' about Dyson. You didn't know him. Just because he didn't win a title you're justifying your ridiculous attacks on him and then acting all high and mighty when other people are doing the same thing you did.

To borrow a line from you. SHAAAAAAAAAAAME.

People don't know Oriakhi but they're attacking him too.

Reaction Score
I liked Dyson. His handle was a little loose and his J was inconsistent, so he was a flawed 2-guard. Not really suited to being a go-to guy, either. But his lack of postseason wins is a product of dumb luck/circumstances more than anything else. Short of getting Kevin Durant, no way we were making the NCAA Tournament his freshman year. His sophomore year, Price tore his ACL and Dyson hit some pressure foul shots to get us into OT and give us a chance to win, but a dude hit a tough step-back over Sticks and we lost. His junior year, he got hurt when we looked like we had the best team in the country. Take one of those injuries away and the "no postseason wins" argument is off the table. Take them both away and we might have cut down nets in 2009. But then maybe 2011 might not have happened, and I liked that title just the way it was.

His senior year, sure, the team went off the rails - some of it his fault. But all 3 starting perimeter guys were drivers/slashers first and erratic three-point shooters. All anyone had to do was pack the paint with a zone or a sagging man and we were easy to stop. For a while he was putting up crazy numbers (20 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists a game), but the better defenses slowed him down when the driving lanes got clogged. Never felt like he was selfish or an attitude problem like some suggest.

Reaction Score
People don't know Oriakhi but they're attacking him too.

Exactly. Either both sets of people bashing Oriakhi/Dyson are wrong or it's all fair game and they can say whatever they want. However if you're going to be one of those people bashing Dyson don't write a ridiculous post talking about how shameful it is to bash Oriakhi. It's so obviously hypocritical.

Reaction Score
What exactly does "gave way more" mean? Are you referring to effort level? Results? Stats?

Well he was better? AO has about 8 good games in 3 years. Maybe less. I would love for him to come back but that is not happening.

Reaction Score
Just because he didn't win a title you're justifying your ridiculous attacks . . . To borrow a line from you. SHAAAAAAAAAAAME.
Not available for borrowing - you stole it.
Alex gave it his ALL for the TEAM for 2 years, and nobody, not even you, doubt that.
The only point of dissension over Alex's time here is this past season, and it was the arrival of Drummond that was the catalyst.
We bring in a guy who takes his spot, and then early on, with AD still a very unproven commodity, AO is getting benched and losing minutes.
AO was wrong to tweet crap, and he wasn't entitled to be played notwithstanding poor effort, but JC seemed to make zero allowance for Alex given that Alex was plunged into a new system, with AD at center, and given how AO was a proven commodity at the end of 2011 while AD was not at the beginning of 2012.
In short, Alex has a role in UConn history that is similar to Jake. For THAT ALONE, you should all get off his case, and wish him well, NOTWITHSTANDING whatever happened this year.

And, just for the record, before I exit this thread, there is zero doubt that it's Dyson's fault that AO is leaving. It is the attitude that Dyson established way back when that led to where we are at today.

Reaction Score
if AO doesn't make it in the NBA and has to get a 9 to 5 job somewhere, what is he going to do when his future boss crticizes his performance, repeatedly quit and throw up his hands? Go on Twitter with his pop and bash away? His father does him a disservice by apparently feeding him unrealistic expectations of what the basketball world owes him. Hard work trumps pissin and moanin in the real world.

I think any reasonable person should admit that AO had some real fine moments at UCONN, but largely he was a frustrating player because you see the size, you see the body, and it doesn't really translate into what players of lesser physical stature and ability accomplish. The desire to get better can only come from within, without it, you can point fingers and place blame. You sell yourself short when you do this, and this is what I think AO and his father did with their complaining earlier this season about playing time. Perform and force a coach to play you. Continually underperform and you shouldn't expect to play. Some bigger fish need smaller ponds to feel better about themselves, hope AO finds that pond wherever he decides to go.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
idk if someone already said this but it was alex's dad that said it and his mother said that they have to think and talk about it

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I hear Hesser College needs a big man.

I wish him luck. Sad that he is up a decent and respectable legacy. Deep down I see him as bailing out on his coach and team. But he was a big part of winning a championship so that makes me smile. Can't hate him. But can't like him much.

Makes me long for Tim Coles, Rod Sellers, Kevin Freeman and Jeff Adrien.

Reaction Score
Dont know if this was posted uet but Borges confirmed it on his twitter

Reaction Score
Kid can't run from his problems. It is obvious he didn't put in the work this year and during the offseason to prepare himself for the season. He will just run into the same problems at another school. Maybe he should head over to Hofstra with Honey Combs, they can spark a few up together.

Reaction Score
if AO doesn't make it in the NBA and has to get a 9 to 5 job somewhere, what is he going to do when his future boss crticizes his performance, repeatedly quit and throw up his hands? Go on Twitter with his pop and bash away? His father does him a disservice by apparently feeding him unrealistic expectations of what the basketball world owes him. Hard work trumps pissin and moanin in the real world.

I think any reasonable person should admit that AO had some real fine moments at UCONN, but largely he was a frustrating player because you see the size, you see the body, and it doesn't really translate into what players of lesser physical stature and ability accomplish. The desire to get better can only come from within, without it, you can point fingers and place blame. You sell yourself short when you do this, and this is what I think AO and his father did with their complaining earlier this season about playing time. Perform and force a coach to play you. Continually underperform and you shouldn't expect to play. Some bigger fish need smaller ponds to feel better about themselves, hope AO finds that pond wherever he decides to go.
spot on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc