A'ja Wilson to Visit So. Carolina | Page 3 | The Boneyard

A'ja Wilson to Visit So. Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Wilson has been to Tennessee at least three times on unofficial visits and is now coming on her official on the weekend Tennessee plays Georgia in football. Like an earlier post said, you have to question the decision making process if a recruit chooses a school just because of the football team. However, there is a reason that many schools will schedule an official visit around a football weekend. Simply put, the atmosphere can have a decided impact, much like the reason that UConn tries to arrange a visit from an important recruit during your First Night activities.

While I surely hope that Wilson will give Tennessee serious consideration, Tyree, a regular poster on the Georgia board has indicated that his sources indicate that Dawn Staley and South Carolina are the leaders and probable location for Wilson's eventual commitment. And, most of the rumblings that I have heard lead me to believe that, also, at this point. And yes, I know that A'ja Wilson and her family have stated that she is wide open as far as the status of her recruiting as of now, but the speculation and the give and take between fan bases is what makes following recruiting the fun that it is. So take everything I have posted as a fwiw.

Jim
Woweeeee....a poster on a Georgia board has sources that say South Carolina is the probable destination.

Thanks Jim.

Reaction Score
hmmmm in 00/01 I have Ralph, Abrosimova, Schumaker, Czel, Rigby, Bird, Williams, Cash, Jones, Walters, Johnson, Taurasi, Conlon, MValley, Battle, Moore (16 total, not sure if Czel had a scholarship that year).

In 98/99 I have Duran, Gaines, Abrlic, Sauer, Hansmeyer, Rigby, Ralph, Abrosimova, Schumaker, Czel, Glenney, Bird, Williams, Cash, Jones, Walters (Clark had Xfer'd) - 16 again.

Czel did not have a scholarship either year.

UConn also had 14 scholarships used in 2007-8 and 2008-9.

Reaction Score
Well dd, I did say to take it for what it was worth. But, I will say that Tyree has a better than 50% accuracy rate in his statements that I have seen in the past. Is he right in this prediction? I guess we'll know when Ms Wilson actually signs her NLOI. Of course, he could be spot on with his prediction at the present time and she could change her mind a dozen times between now and the time she actually signs with a school.

Jim

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Well dd, I did say to take it for what it was worth. But, I will say that Tyree has a better than 50% accuracy rate in his statements that I have seen in the past. Is he right in this prediction? I guess we'll know when Ms Wilson actually signs her NLOI. Of course, he could be spot on with his prediction at the present time and she could change her mind a dozen times between now and the time she actually signs with a school.

Jim
So basically there was no reason to post that information.

Hmmm.....posting that Uconn probably won't get a recruiting target. Nice on a Uconn board. Not just a recruiting target but a real important one.

Like I said, thanks.

Reaction Score
dd, sorry to be the Debbie Downer that you don't want to hear from. I wasn't trying to rain on your parade (although it apparently seems that way to you). You will note that I didn't tout Tennessee's chances of obtaining Wilson's commitment. I'll try not to come back unless I've got some neutral information or some sunshine to pump up your you-know-where.

Jim

Reaction Score

Jim

Thanks for your update Jim, as well as for the info from the Georgia poster. An update from a worthy source is always appreciated, whether it's optimistic in nature...or not. Posting a negative opinion might be a different story, but you clearly weren't doing that. Since this is all conjecture at this point, we'll just hope that AW is impressed with First Night at UConn, the new practice facility and Geno's being named Olympic coach again!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
dd, sorry to be the Debbie Downer that you don't want to hear from. I wasn't trying to rain on your parade (although it apparently seems that way to you). You will note that I didn't tout Tennessee's chances of obtaining Wilson's commitment. I'll try not to come back unless I've got some neutral information or some sunshine to pump up your you-know-where.

Jim

Or you could say nothing.

Which you basically did.

But i wouldnt tell you what to post. Feel free to post whatever you want and I'll do the same.

When the player and their family says don't believe anything you hear unless it comes from them, anything coming from sources like that mean nothing. She is taking her visits. I believe she will be at first night.

Posting rumors from 2nd hand and sometimes 3rd hand sources is something I'm not a fan of.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Or you could say nothing.

Which you basically did.

But i wouldnt tell you what to post. Feel free to post whatever you want and I'll do the same.

When the player and their family says don't believe anything you hear unless it comes from them, anything coming from sources like that mean nothing. She is taking her visits. I believe she will be at first night.

Posting rumors from 2nd hand and sometimes 3rd hand sources is something I'm not a fan of.
I appreciate the information, Jim.

DD, are you upset by the fact that the information is second hand, or the fact that the information is not what you wanted to hear? You have reacted similarly to posts from anyone (UConn fan or visitor) who has posted anything that suggested UConn's chances at a prospect were somewhat diminished in any way. The only exceptions are when the information has been confirmed by the horde. Is innuendo acceptable only when it suggests that UConn's fortunes are enhanced, or is it always unwelcome?

Do you have a history with Cannonvol that has placed you in a defensive stance?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Thanks for your update Jim, as well as for the info from the Georgia poster. An update from a worthy source is always appreciated, whether it's optimistic in nature...or not. Posting a negative opinion might be a different story, but you clearly weren't doing that. Since this is all conjecture at this point, we'll just hope that AW is impressed with First Night at UConn, the new practice facility and Geno's being named Olympic coach again!
It wasn't an update. It was an opinion.

Why do you think it's from a worthy source? It's not that it's negative, although coming from a Vol fan, it is a little annoying. It's just a bunch of nothing.

It's a statement from a regular poster on a Georgia womens message board. Who has "sources". How is this necessarily worthy?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I appreciate the information, Jim.

DD, are you upset by the fact that the information is second hand, or the fact that the information is not what you wanted to hear? You have reacted similarly to posts from anyone (UConn fan or visitor) who has posted anything that suggested UConn's chances at a prospect were somewhat diminished in any way. The only exceptions are when the information has been confirmed by the horde. Is innuendo acceptable only when it suggests that UConn's fortunes are enhanced, or is it always unwelcome?

Do you have a history with Cannonvol that has placed you in a defensive stance?

Mostly it's an issue with unnamed sources from someone that couldn't possibly know.

Jim is ok.

I will admit that I don't like hearing negative rumors. I am, after all, a Uconn fan. And all they do is bring out the doom and gloomers.

Reaction Score
I too saw the post that he is referring to; however, it also stated that White is leaning towards South Carolina. Not sure why that was not posted as well. If Staley somehow managed to bring in both White and Wilson that would be incredibly impressive, but I do not see that happening.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Well my 'sources' tell me Wilson is leaning to Central Michigan. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

Jim

Does that "better than 50% accuracy rate" include his recent predictions that Christa Reed would pick Ole Miss and Katelynn Flaherty would choose Georgia?

What has he gotten right lately? Waterman to OSU? Did anyone really need a prediction on that one?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Does that "better than 50% accuracy rate" include his recent predictions that Christa Reed would pick Ole Miss and Katelynn Flaherty would choose Georgia?

What has he gotten right lately? Waterman to OSU? Did anyone really need a prediction on that one?

I would guess that most posters here could have 50% accuracy.

U

UCONNfan1

Never thought we were going to land Wilson anyway. It's a nice idea, but everything I've read led me to believe it would be difficult to get her out of South Carolina. But one never knows with recruiting.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Czel did not have a scholarship either year.

UConn also had 14 scholarships used in 2007-8 and 2008-9.
That's what I assumed.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
I'm sure unofficial visits may have some relevance, but it doesn't automatically mean a recruit will come to the school. Diamond Deshields made quite a few unofficial visits to Tennessee, but of course signed with UNC..

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I haven't seen her play. Is there anyone her game is like? Is her game like Charles, Russell, or someone else.

Reaction Score

Jim

Hey Jim, FWIW, a poster on a Tenn board has it on good authority that Geno promised Stewart an Olympic position in 2016 to land her and that he is doing the same with Wilson for 2020. Should I consider that a reliable source? :D
'
BTW, I can get 50% right as to whether a recruit signs with any particular team by flipping coins. And I remember a lot of Georgia people were sure DD was going either to UConn or Tenn.
I know absolutely nothing about recruits other than what I read. What I do know is that most of the people that claim to know have a bias, either for a team or. as in the case of that Tenn fan, a bias against a team.

Reaction Score
I would guess that most posters here could have 50% accuracy.

No idea what you mean. Are you saying you could go over a list of uncommitted players and predict with 50% accuracy the schools they'll commit to? I'll bet you can't.

Reaction Score
Well I am sure A'ja will make the right decision for her.

Hey, can someone tell me, who is the Olympic Coach in 2016? Hummmmm ;)

Reaction Score

I really like when she says she wants to win gold... and be at the top of her game... also that she loves playing against DeShields....

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
While obviously I hope we get her, I just get the feeling we won't. I wonder if Geno's inability to land a single post player the past 2 seasons will come back to bite him. I don't think there's anyone else on the board for him to go after. I know that UCONN does things differently - they cast a very narrow net, and if it appears it won't work out, THEN they start to focus on someone else.

BTW anyone know why we never went after Jatarie White? Was there no interest on her part, or vice versa? Just curious as she's the highest rated 5 in the class per most services...

Reaction Score
BTW anyone know why we never went after Jatarie White? Was there no interest on her part, or vice versa? Just curious as she's the highest rated 5 in the class per most services...

My guess is that Jatarie was not interested in UCONN and Geno does not waste his time on recruits that don't have any interest in UCONN.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
No idea what you mean. Are you saying you could go over a list of uncommitted players and predict with 50% accuracy the schools they'll commit to? I'll bet you can't.
Selective players.

The poster on the Georgia board is not predicting every player. Why should I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom