A'ja Wilson to Visit So. Carolina | The Boneyard

A'ja Wilson to Visit So. Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can you wait that long to sign? I think she's being selfish. She needs to make her decision by end of November so teams and players know where they stand.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Ummm are you seriously calling her selfish for wanting to take her time and make the right decision? I have nothing but respect for teenagers who are mature enough to do that.

Unless you are being sarcastic, in which case I take it all back.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
A'ja is doing exactly what the #1 boys recruit Andrew Wiggins did this year. He also waited until May to announce his college choice. It's A'ja's decision and she should take as long as she needs without regard to the timelines of others.

Hopefully she'll be impressed by UConn's 9th National Championship.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Yeah, wait til after the FF, baby!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I
No-one is that important to any team, especially a teenager, that speaks of parents with too much control, and probably not someone you want at UConn. If Breanna didn't feel it necessary to wait until after National Letter of intent, then Let A'ja go somewhere else. Just because the guys do it, doesn't mean the girls need to start that. If may is the time, Geno needs to save the scholarship for 2015, no-one is more important then the team.

You're kidding, right? The only thing any kid owes to anyone is themselves, sports or just plain going to school. Once they decide is when the obligation to others starts.

JS

Reaction Score
If Breanna didn't feel it necessary to wait until after National Letter of intent, then Let A'ja go somewhere else.
A'ja isn't waiting until after the National Letter of Intent. She's proposing to sign during the regular signing period.

Of course, the regular signing period is in reality the late signing period these days. And the early signing period is the regular signing period, because most players sign during the early signing period.

Is that all clear, Bagger?

Early signing period begins Nov. 13, 2013 and ends Nov. 20, 2013.
Regular signing period begins April 16, 2014 and ends May 21, 2014.

By the way, you might wanta stop bad-mouthing prized recruits, to say nothing of their parents, for taking the time they're allowed. They aren't operating with a goal of giving you quick gratification.

Besides, you wouldn't want to present UConn fans as a selfish, petulant and/or otherwise unattractive lot. Those of us who are that way are mostly good at hiding it.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
Personally,for whatever her reasons,I believe she is doing the right thing.How many early pledges to teams have we seen taken back the past few years.Better to be sure,than to verbal and change the mind later on.The young lady seems unsure at this time,and is exploring all possibilities to be sure where she wants to spend four years.I wish I had been as smart in my decisions,with a couple of the jobs I had in the past that didn't pan out.If Connecticut is the one,great.If not,kudos to her for making sure she is at the best school for her.

Reaction Score
A'ja is doing exactly what the #1 boys recruit Andrew Wiggins did this year. He also waited until May to announce his college choice. It's A'ja's decision and she should take as long as she needs without regard to the timelines of others.

Hopefully she'll be impressed by UConn's 9th National Championship.

I agree, A'ja should take as much time as she needs to make the right decision. It is her future!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
People need to remember A'ja and other recruits aren't just deciding which venue they want to play some basketball games, they're choosing their college. Having recently been through that process, and talking with other parents who have as well, it is an extremely difficult situation. Add basketball into that decision process and it becomes exponentially more difficult. Kudos to kids who don't cave to pressure from coaches and fans to make a hasty choice. This isn't just about basketball, folks, nor is it about us fans - it's about the recruits' lives. Give these kids their space to make the right decision.

Reaction Score
Good grief. I'm embarrassed as a UCONN fan for some of the posts on here. Fortunately (hopefully) it is only a few. Kind of embarrassing if she or her parents read the message boards. I hope for our sake they don't.
If she or her parents read the comments on here, they will realize, that everyone one in here is an "EXPERT"

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Probably also attending the football game. Border war tonight between South Carolina and North Carolina on ESPN at 6pm.

Reaction Score
She's taking an official in her home state. She's planning on going to Uconn First Night as an official. What on God's green earth is the problem?

She is taking an UNofficial visit to South Carolina today.

Reaction Score
A'ja isn't waiting until after the National Letter of Intent. She's proposing to sign during the regular signing period.

Of course, the regular signing period is in reality the late signing period these days. And the early signing period is the regular signing period, because most players sign during the early signing period.

Is that all clear, Bagger?

Early signing period begins Nov. 13, 2013 and ends Nov. 20, 2013.
Regular signing period begins April 16, 2014 and ends May 21, 2014.

By the way, you might wanta stop bad-mouthing prized recruits, to say nothing of their parents, for taking the time they're allowed. They aren't operating with a goal of giving you quick gratification.

Besides, you wouldn't want to present UConn fans as a selfish, petulant and/or otherwise unattractive lot. Those of us who are that way are mostly good at hiding it.
thank you for posting the signing periods. I have looked many times on line and could never find any definite dates for WBB.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Probably also attending the football game. Border war tonight between South Carolina and North Carolina on ESPN at 6pm.

Should be an exciting atmosphere down in Columbia this evening for a prospect.... GO CHICKENS ;)

Reaction Score
I agree ,what is wrong with taking her time? It is good that she visits some of these other schools before Uconn, espically when she comes to first night. She will quickly realize that no other school really compares to Uconn as far as basketball growth and success. The have the best coachs, program and fans. Hopefully she will realize all of this and want to be part of it. We hope to see you soon Aja!
I will be there on Oct. 18.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Can you wait that long to sign? I think she's being selfish. She needs to make her decision by end of November so teams and players know where they stand.

An apauling(sic) and insipid post...take a nap and then reread what you bleated out.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
I think someone who has the fortitude and support to put aside all the hoopla and listen for her still, small voice to be clear IS someone we want at UConn.

Why should a recruit make an important decision about her life just so you can have your internally-generated tension resolved? Breathe deeply and relax.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Far better that she wait until she is as sure as possible than that she should commit and then realize that she has made a mistake, as did Elena and Jackie Gemelos and some others. She has every right to take whatever time is necessary to consider all or the ramifications of her choice as thoroughly as she can. She has, at this point, no obligations to anyone but herself and her family. She sounds like a very sensible kid. I hope she chooses UConn, but the Huskies will be just fine whether she does or doesn't.

Reaction Score
We as UConn fans know what is the best thing for her to do :) hopefully she'll come to the same conclusion :)

HGN

Reaction Score
A'ja owes it to herself to take this visit to USC.........She owes us nothing. I, for one , think she is doing the right thing to visit all her prospective suitors. To look around and take her time so that when she does decide in May she is comfortable and confident in the fact that she has made the right choice for her. And not necessarily the right choice for fans....But the right choice for A'ja Wilson academically and athletically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom