A'ja to Announce College Decision on April 16th (merged) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

A'ja to Announce College Decision on April 16th (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My prediction: a 100+ post, virtually interminable, thread.
You are so right. It seems like anytime her name is mentioned, there's bukka responses from everyone. Again, there is nothing new here in regard to where she might go and yet we will hear a reiteration of everything that's been said before and endlessly, blah blah blah blah blah! All I know is that UConn is going to have a great team next year and be a championship contender regardless of where she decides to matriculate. Where she goes is where she goes. I'm looking forward to the A'ja circus ending here on the boneyard.

Reaction Score
You are so right. It seems like anytime her name is mentioned, there's bukka responses from everyone. Again, there is nothing new here in regard to where she might go and yet we will hear a reiteration of everything that's been said before and endlessly, blah blah blah blah blah! All I know is that UConn is going to have a great team next year and be a championship contender regardless of where she decides to matriculate. Where she goes is where she goes. I'm looking forward to the A'ja circus ending here on the boneyard.
Do you think we'll have closer to 150 or 200 posts for this thread?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just in time for the parade in Hartford for their 9th NC...I am sure she is glad its almost over...Too much pressure on young student athletes...
We're Dooomed!

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Do you know that her grandfather was from S. Carolina? Maybe he grew up in another state...
Her family has been in South Carolina for a long time; her dad played for a Division II school in Columbia.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I read this on another board and it makes way too much sense.

"I think she and her family are savvy. They know that she is creating publicity -- perhaps good, perhaps bad -- by not announcing until April. My speculation is that they are accepting this publicity because it avoids even worse publicity had she announced her decision in October.

In other words, I speculate she's not going to South Carolina. She didn't want to announce that until April because she didn't want to go through the entire basketball season in a South Carolina high school, in the same area as the University of SC, with all her friends, neighbors, fans, and USC fans questioning her decision or calling her a "traitor". She and her family decided they'd prefer to keep all those local people guessing rather than bitching at her for six months."

If anyone can come up with a better reason for her waiting, I'd like to hear it.

I'm sure out SEC fans might have some.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think SC fans at one game did a we want A'ja chant. I haven't seen anything that she has tipped her hand. There are a lot of opinions I've seen. From fans not just of the four teams. We will find out on the 16th.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I think SC fans at one game did a we want A'ja chant. I haven't seen anything that she has tipped her hand. There are a lot of opinions I've seen. From fans not just of the four teams. We will find out on the 16th.
Thank you professor Irwin Corey.

What the heck does the "we want A'ja" chant have to do with my post? Who said she has tipped her hand?

This was the 3rd or 4th time you posted that we will find out on the 16th. We know.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I guess we'll just have to find out in a few weeks.
It was just a theory. Someone's analysis of the situation.

I am curious if you have any thoughts on the theory. Is it possible? If not, why?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Thank you professor Irwin Corey.

What the heck does the "we want A'ja" chant have to do with my post? Who said she has tipped her hand?

This was the 3rd or 4th time you posted that we will find out on the 16th. We know.
I wasn't just replying too your post. As for her waiting I think she did a smart thing. That is didn't rush the decision.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
If we dont get Wilson nothing will change. UConn will still be the team to beat for a NC. If she goes elsewhere all the other teams who have alot of talent already and theyve proven that cant win a NC even with that talent. Adding Wilson wont make much of a difference, UConn will still continue on.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
If she has any sense she will drop all four of her finalists and come to Baylor. Mulkey has proven that she can win ONE championship with the best player in the game on the roster.

Reaction Score
If she has any sense she will drop all four of her finalists and come to Baylor. Mulkey has proven that she can win ONE championship with the best player in the game on the roster.
A creative post and wouldn't that be a shocker. The question remains open about a SECOND championship.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I read this on another board and it makes way too much sense.

"I think she and her family are savvy. They know that she is creating publicity -- perhaps good, perhaps bad -- by not announcing until April. My speculation is that they are accepting this publicity because it avoids even worse publicity had she announced her decision in October.

In other words, I speculate she's not going to South Carolina. She didn't want to announce that until April because she didn't want to go through the entire basketball season in a South Carolina high school, in the same area as the University of SC, with all her friends, neighbors, fans, and USC fans questioning her decision or calling her a "traitor". She and her family decided they'd prefer to keep all those local people guessing rather than bitching at her for six months."

If anyone can come up with a better reason for her waiting, I'd like to hear it.

I'm sure out SEC fans might have some.

Having politely demurred from participation in the Wilson speculation and now being convinced this thread has no end, I will contribute one little factoid inside this inherently speculative topic: This particular theory about her announcement date has been being bandied about on Carolina and Tennessee boards since Sept/October of last year.

Reaction Score
Having politely demurred from participation in the Wilson speculation and now being convinced this thread has no end, I will contribute one little factoid inside this inherently speculative topic: This particular theory about her announcement date has been being bandied about on Carolina and Tennessee boards since Sept/October of last year.
Thanks for the factoid. Two of the three message boards which would like it to be true. So hopefully it is true. Now, which team gets the prize recruit (now only 18 days until we all know).

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
It was just a theory. Someone's analysis of the situation.

I am curious if you have any thoughts on the theory. Is it possible? If not, why?
There are a lot of theories out there. I think A'ja is either going to USC or UCONN. In the end, I think she will play for Dawn Staley at USC because she, and the other recruits coming in next season, can advance the Gamecocks from SEC Champions to National Champions. Additionally, she attended almost every USC home game this season. Why attend so many games if she wasn't planning on playing at USC? Even if A'ja goes elsewhere, Dawn Staley is still going to have a team fully capable of winning national championships in the near future. It's unlikely this season, but with the top 9 players coming back next season plus a top 5 class, 2014-15 will be a special season in Columbia.

As for the theory that A'ja is waiting to announce because she didn't want people in South Carolina attacking her choice? It's a valid theory because I've seen it happen before; mostly in football and men's basketball, though. My opinion on why she waited is that she wanted to make a big splash with her announcement after the rest of the top players have already announced.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
There are a lot of theories out there. I think A'ja is either going to USC or UCONN. In the end, I think she will play for Dawn Staley at USC because she, and the other recruits coming in next season, can advance the Gamecocks from SEC Champions to National Champions. Additionally, she attended almost every USC home game this season. Why attend so many games if she wasn't planning on playing at USC? Even if A'ja goes elsewhere, Dawn Staley is still going to have a team fully capable of winning national championships in the near future. It's unlikely this season, but with the top 9 players coming back next season plus a top 5 class, 2014-15 will be a special season in Columbia.

As for the theory that A'ja is waiting to announce because she didn't want people in South Carolina attacking her choice? It's a valid theory because I've seen it happen before; mostly in football and men's basketball, though. My opinion on why she waited is that she wanted to make a big splash with her announcement after the rest of the top players have already announced.
I also agree it's either USC or Uconn.

Why did she go to so many games? Because she was still undecided and USC is right there. I certainly don't believe that means she decided to go there.

Yeah, she might lead them to an NC. But with Stewart and Jefferson there for two more, it would have to wait until her last two years. If Uconn recruits as expected in 2015, I wouldn't count on championships then either. At Uconn? You tell me.

This is so unusual, this particular theory makes some sense to me. If she wanted to wait until all the top recruits verballed she could have done it a couple of months ago.

As Stwainfan says, we will know soon.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score

Why did she go to so many games? Because she was still undecided and USC is right there. I certainly don't believe that means she decided to go there.

Yeah, she might lead them to an NC. But with Stewart and Jefferson there for two more, it would have to wait until her last two years. If Uconn recruits as expected in 2015, I wouldn't count on championships then either. At Uconn? You tell me.

This is so unusual, this particular theory makes some sense to me. If she wanted to wait until all the top recruits verballed she could have done it a couple of months ago.

IMO it comes down to leaving SC or Winning Championships If she wants to stay close to home then she will go to SC. If she wants to make a total commitment to win Championships she will go to UConn. There is no inbetween. UConn won without EDD and UConn will continue to win NCs with or without Wilson. They will have the two best guards in the country if she comes. It doesnt get any better then that.

Reaction Score
Other than a concern that a school may withdraw their offer, I can't see any advantage to not waiting till April to sign. That one concern is a major one for most recruits but I doubt Wilson would be shut out by anyone.

Reaction Score

You forgot Morgan Tuck! We have Tuck who was basically a top 5 recruit (OK so she was 6th in the country) for THREE more years. I really like her game and can't wait to see her get back on the court to see what she can do in a full season. By the time Stewie and Jefferson leave, Tuck is going to be ridiculously good and the best part is we would still have another year with her. If UConn can lock up a big, with the guards coming in and the core talent already here for the next couple of years, it may be a while before anyone else wins a national championship.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
IMO it comes down to leaving SC or Winning Championships If she wants to stay close to home then she will go to SC. If she wants to make a total commitment to win Championships she will go to UConn. There is no inbetween. UConn won without EDD and UConn will continue to win NCs with or without Wilson. They will have the two best guards in the country if she comes. It doesnt get any better then that.
I agree that you're the team to beat, but you're not the only one out there. I can see being confident after all the national championships, though.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
My prediction: a 100+ post, virtually interminable, thread.

OK here's your 100 (LOL)

Just for the heck of it I predict she picks South Car. ( I'm expecting that so if it's us I'll be thrilled)

Reaction Score
More and more kids are staying home to help build their state programs into powerhouses. See (Sims/Griner) Baylor. Diggins(Notre Dame). Of course there are exceptions like Maya. Don't you Connecticut fans remember the Center from Hartford who Geno pulled in 91, and As they say, the rest is history...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom