Adama Sanogo Sophomore Stats | The Boneyard

Adama Sanogo Sophomore Stats

Reaction Score
After tonight, Sanogo’s averaging 15.8 points and 8.4 rebounds on the season.

Other UConn sophomores that averaged at least 15 points and 7 rebounds in a season (since 1979-80 when UConn joined the Big East):

1979-80: Corny Thompson (15.8 points, 9.3 rebounds)

1986-87: Clifford Robinson (18.1 points, 7.4 rebounds)

1992-93: Donyell Marshall (17.0 points, 7.8 rebounds)

2001-02: Caron Butler (20.3 points, 7.5 rebounds)

2002-03: Emeka Okafor (15.9 points, 11.2 rebounds)

Reaction Score
After tonight, Sanogo’s averaging 15.8 points and 8.4 rebounds on the season.

Other UConn sophomores that averaged at least 15 points and 7 rebounds in a season (since 1979-80 when UConn joined the Big East):

1979-80: Corny Thompson (15.8 points, 9.3 rebounds)

1986-87: Clifford Robinson (18.1 points, 7.4 rebounds)

1992-93: Donyell Marshall (17.0 points, 7.8 rebounds)

2001-02: Caron Butler (20.3 points, 7.5 rebounds)

2002-03: Emeka Okafor (15.9 points, 11.2 rebounds)
Pretty good company, eh?

Reaction Score
Tremendous improvement for sure. The last several games he has gotten much better at passing the ball back out if the situation or position is not quite right. watching his and Dre’s progress this season has been so much fun

Reaction Score
Is doing a much better job(this year) of establishing position deep in the paint to receive passes.. Frequently from Andre. Am also impressed with his hands. Soft hands for a big fella.

Props to SnC Program.Improvement in his hops/fast twitch muscles are noticeable. All good for a deep run.

Reaction Score
Becoming a UConn all time great? Only time will tell but I like where this is heading!

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Every time I watch him play I think about how lucky we are that we beat out Hall for him with just a Zoom call.

More important recruit for Hurley to set the tone of this program than Bouknight, Jackson or Hawkins.

Idk where we’d be without him down low.

Not to mention it’s awesome to see how much fun he has out there.

What a beast.

Reaction Score
The best part about Sanogo is that he can be a three or four year player for us. Next year is going to be awesome with him and Jackson both progressing.

Reaction Score
Sonogo is gone after this year,what reason is there for him to stay,a degree in forest management?there are nba teams salivatating over his size and skill set.

Reaction Score
The best part about Sanogo is that he can be a three or four year player for us. Next year is going to be awesome with him and Jackson both progressing.
Sonogo is gone after this year,what reason is there for him to stay,a degree in forest management?there are nba teams salivatating over his size and skill set.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is what makes the Boneyard so awesome.

Reaction Score
Sanogo. I don’t know how long we have him but it’s a beautiful thing we have him now. Just give me 1 more year, please.

Reaction Score
Every time I watch him play I think about how lucky we are that we beat out Hall for him with just a Zoom call.

More important recruit for Hurley to set the tone of this program than Bouknight, Jackson or Hawkins.

What a beast.
I think we had gotten into a pattern where bigs weren't sure if the team could really accommodate them. Sanogo will help us going forward in similar ways to how Bouk did: it helps show that this is a place you can succeed and grow.

Reaction Score
Here’s another thing which has been brought up here that Sanogo is rebounding against his own guys, like Jackson who many nights has 8 rebounds himself. Martin is a rebounding stud. Whaley. Akok. Cole has a nose for rebounds, had 6 last night.

Reaction Score
The other plus we get from a Sanogo, Whaley, etc. is that Danny can sell UConn to anyone regardless of position. No more they are Wing-U, don’t go there, though I still like the sound of Wing-U. If you have talent come here, learn to play D and we will get you the ball. Then when you leave you will make money playing.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I think we had gotten into a pattern where bigs weren't sure if the team could really accommodate them. Sanogo will help us going forward in similar ways to how Bouk did: it helps show that this is a place you can succeed and grow.
100%. We haven’t had a big like Sanogo since AO, and in the college game there is absolutely still a place for traditional bruiser big men.

Reaction Score
Sanogo is getting better every day. The biggest jump is that he is improving as a teammate. He gets the ball out of double teams. He getting better position to receive the ball. And has stopped flinging the ball at the basket, every shot has purpose and it has made him more fluid and effective.

Part of his improvement is that his teammates have become better at delivering the ball. The chemistry between Jackson and Sanogo is off the charts. That's why he numbers are climbing.

If this keeps up, it will move him up drafts boards and make it impossible for him to stay.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Also of note, Sanogo is now our leading scorer passing Cole’s 15.6 PPG.

Reaction Score

What a beast.
I almost agree with this, largely because recruiting bigs takes on a life of its own, and if you develop a reputation for neglecting bigs (like Ollie did) it becomes self-fulfilling in recruiting.

Sanogo's success, development, and being featured in the offense surely helped get Clingan.

Reaction Score
3 points for him to focus on

• Get a Jumper
  • Understand when you are too far away from the hoop and pass out and reset. Sometimes he still tries his post up too far from the hoop.
  • Pass out of doubles / triples

Not NBA ready yet as his athleticism / strength are the main reason for his success. NBA everyone's bigger and faster.

I love his improvement though, remember watching Brimah for 4 straight years doing the exact same post up and turn around floater regardless of where he was. That was so infuriating he never got better in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom