Adama Sanogo Sophomore Stats | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Adama Sanogo Sophomore Stats

Reaction Score
Every time I watch him play I think about how lucky we are that we beat out Hall for him with just a Zoom call.

More important recruit for Hurley to set the tone of this program than Bouknight, Jackson or Hawkins.

Idk where we’d be without him down low.

Not to mention it’s awesome to see how much fun he has out there.

What a beast.
Remember when we would have been super excited with either him or Cliff O? Not sure how he’s doing at Rutgers but likely can’t compare to AS.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I almost agree with this, largely because recruiting bigs takes on a life of its own, and if you develop a reputation for neglecting bigs (like Ollie did) it becomes self-fulfilling in recruiting.

Sanogo's success, development, and being featured in the offense surely helped get Clingan.
Right. Not trying to diminish the impact of having lottery picks like Bouk does for recruiting, but Sanogo is a tone setting type of player who showcases the type of culture Hurley wants in the program.

Sanogo is the epitome of what successful UConn basketball looks like, both past and present.

Reaction Score
No sign of Sanogo (or any Big East player outside of Justin Lewis) in Givony’s latest mock (today).

Reaction Score
Everyone in the NBA is bigger and faster than sanogo? What are you talking about?he's 6'9 240 and gets to his spots in seconds Jesus,the first big off the bench for Boston is 6'6 230 forget his name atm sonogo is faster and more athletic than him geez

Reaction Score
Everyone in the NBA is bigger and faster than sanogo? What are you talking about?he's 6'9 240 and gets to his spots in seconds Jesus,the first big off the bench for Boston is 6'6 230 forget his name atm sonogo is faster and more athletic than him geez
if you are talking about grant williams, he is shooting 43% from three this year and regularly guards the opposing team's best forward. he also averaged 3+ assists his last year at tennessee.

i believe that sanogo will have a chance in the nba, but this is the type of stuff that he will have to be able to do.

Reaction Score
Ok so you have to shoot 43 % from 3 ,guard the best wing on the other team and hand out assists like candy to make it in the NBA,kind of a steep bar don't ya think

Reaction Score
Sanogo may very well be a 4-year guy given his physical limitations. That would be just fine for our on-court success (think Tyler Hansbrough), though if he never gets drafted, would be a ding on recruiting.

He's already got the footwork and post repertoire. He has to show he can do more than that to play as an under-sized big in the League.

Reaction Score
Sanogo may very well be a 4-year guy given his physical limitations. That would be just fine for our on-court success (think Tyler Hansbrough), though if he never gets drafted, would be a ding on recruiting.

He's already got the footwork and post repertoire. He has to show he can do more than that to play as an under-sized big in the League.

In 2023 NBA mocks, I have seen him listed as the #1 PF. But that was before his recent growth spurt. My guess for 2022 is that he's late 1st round or early 2nd round.

I'm curious what you think his physical limitations are?

Reaction Score
In 2023 NBA mocks, I have seen him listed as the #1 PF. But that was before his recent growth spurt. My guess for 2022 is that he's late 1st round or early 2nd round.

I'm curious what you think his physical limitations are?
He's short and not overly athletic for an NBA post player.

Skill-wise, he needs to be able to shoot from beyond the foul-line, if not all the way to the 3-point line, to stick as an NBA 4.

Reaction Score
If Sanogo keeps playing like this, he'll get some attention. His perimeter defense has improved a lot by dropping that weight and just working on it. It's already a lot better than someone like Kofi who is a turnstyle on the perimeter. NBA teams can adjust for different offensive skillsets and many now think they can teach someone to shoot if they have any reasonable form, but you have to, have to, have to be able to guard in space to stick unless you project as an elite rim protector.

Reaction Score
I believe he’s the Big East player of the year front runner at this moment. 4th in points, 4th in blocks, 4th in FG%, 1st in rebounds. Very impressive.
He’s come a long way from an honorable mention

Reaction Score
Ok so you have to shoot 43 % from 3 ,guard the best wing on the other team and hand out assists like candy to make it in the NBA,kind of a steep bar don't ya think
In order to make the NBA when undersized and not a super athlete you need to have an extremely talented skill set. Specifically at skills desired by franchises.

The game is more perimeter oriented. You’re right, it’s a steep bar to play in the NBA

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Nonsense. In 2005 yes. Sanogo is a 4 year player.
I wouldn’t be surprised if he tests the water. But ultimately you’re right. The feedback he’ll get is obvious. Extend your range, lean up, increase mobility and athleticism. I think he returns and he’s a national player of the year candidate for us next year. 4th year is a question mark at this point.

Reaction Score
Sanogo is NOT undersized for an NBA power forward. He's 6'9, 240, with 7-2 wingspan. In 2021, the average height of an NBA PF was 6'8.3". Sorry if using facts confuses anyone. You can check here. Average NBA Height by Year and Position

BTW, 240 pounds is NOT under sized for NBA power forwards either.
Lol. I, too, love context free stats from a random website.

But...um, even if I totally bought this, these are the "best forwards in the game" according to this site which was updated in this past November (lol) are:

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 7.57.50 PM.png

and all those players are very different than Sanogo. You can tell you don't watch the NBA because you don't know how.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t be surprised if he tests the water. But ultimately you’re right. The feedback he’ll get is obvious. Extend your range, lean up, increase mobility and athleticism. I think he returns and he’s a national player of the year candidate for us next year. 4th year is a question mark at this point.
Precisely. With his work ethic he may extend his range. I think that's the greatest deterrent. Still, he will be here next year teaching Donovan some moves.

Reaction Score
Ok sonogo can't shoot is undersized lacks skills is slow, a four year player, no post moves.i must have him confused with somebody else.Im
Offensively the best low post player I've ever seen at UConn. Including Emeka.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom