ACC | Page 37 | The Boneyard

ACC

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Here's what I don't get about those tweets; it has already been reported that NBC will put ND in the 20 - 24 million ballpark, so why would they forfeit independence and schedule flexibility / rivalry continuation for a journey to the ACC for the same amount of money? If it sounds like bull$#it and it smells like bull$#it.....it's probably....yup...

pj

Reaction Score
On the numbers that Twitter guy is quoting, ND might well make more money -- but why does ND increase the value of the ACC contract by $120 million, yet NBC is only willing to pay them$24 million?

And if ND increases the ACC value by $120 mn or so ($17 mn * 14 teams --> $24 mn * 16 teams, or $238 mn to $384 mn, allowing some value to the 16th team to give ND credit for $120 mn), wouldn't the Big Ten gain similar value, and be willing to offer ND $50 mn a year?

The economics of these deals is hard for me to fathom. It still baffles me that UConn and Rutgers are getting half the TV money of BC and Syracuse.

I've gotta assume most of these numbers are not real.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
On the numbers that Twitter guy is quoting, ND might well make more money -- but why does ND increase the value of the ACC contract by $120 million, yet NBC is only willing to pay them$24 million?

And if ND increases the ACC value by $120 mn or so ($17 mn * 14 teams --> $24 mn * 16 teams, or $238 mn to $384 mn, allowing some value to the 16th team to give ND credit for $120 mn), wouldn't the Big Ten gain similar value, and be willing to offer ND $50 mn a year?

The economics of these deals is hard for me to fathom. It still baffles me that UConn and Rutgers are getting half the TV money of BC and Syracuse.

I've gotta assume most of these numbers are not real.

You first point is dead on. If ND is worth $120MM, ND would be making $120 million. We can argue the value of every individual program as long as we want, but we know with certainty the value of one program: Notre Dame.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Some blog I never heard of posted this... As far as unsubstantiated rumors go, at least there's a date attached to this one, sort of like end of the world predictions. I grabbed a screencap in case it gets deleted.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Some blog I never heard of posted this... As far as unsubstantiated rumors go, at least there's a date attached to this one, sort of like end of the world predictions. I grabbed a screencap in case it gets deleted.

Why does that website feel like "The Onion" of college football? ;)

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I'm glad our ordeal is over!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
NEW BIG EAST.COM
News and editorials about the best damn conference in the land
JUNE 24, 2012

ACC TO INVITE NOTRE DAME AND UCONN TOMORROW.

UCCON will jump ship from the Big East tomorrow along with Notre Dame. Insiders report that Notre Dame will accept an all-sports invitation.
Share on reddit

Share on facebook

Share on twitter

Share on email

More Sharing Services

Written by Smutrain Posted in Uncategorized
POST A COMMENT

It says, "Post a comment," so my comment is who the hell is SMUTrain??

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
It says, "Post a comment," so my comment is who the hell is SMUTrain??

I think I just answered my own question:

Husky and Mustang​
I Root For: small gov't​
RE: Per WVU Insider : ACC meeting tomorrow to invite Notre Dame
ND and UConn to the ACC by tomorrow afternoon, guaranteed. I heard it from someone who heard it from someone.

......... actually, I'm just having a little fun with all of the posters who have reported conference moves like this in the past. UConn isn't going anywhere, and ND probably isn't going anywhere either.

I knew it was bull$#it the second I read it, but the power of Google to find the bull$#itter is amazing! Enjoy, everyone...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
nope! doesn't matter dan. haha i'm going to spread this like fire across boards for fun.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
So now that our conference affiliation is behind us,.... what the hell do we have to run 50 page threads about?????????????????

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
So now that our conference affiliation is behind us,.... what the hell do we have to run 50 page threads about?????????????????

providence bball?

Reaction Score
NEW BIG EAST.COM
News and editorials about the best damn conference in the land
JUNE 24, 2012
ACC TO INVITE NOTRE DAME AND UCONN TOMORROW.

UCCON will jump ship from the Big East tomorrow along with Notre Dame. Insiders report that Notre Dame will accept an all-sports invitation.

Written by Smutrain Posted in Uncategorized
POST A COMMENT

Of course if this were true UCONN would have turned down the invitation because everyone here thinks that the ACC is a crappy conference and that the NBE is just so much better.

Reaction Score
Of course if this were true UCONN would have turned down the invitation because everyone here thinks that the ACC is a crappy conference and that the NBE is just so much better.

Man.........you are one clever guy..........

fi

Reaction Score

It is true. UConn has already been invited, and has turned the ACC down.

This will be proven when the ACC is forced to cancel today's announcement.

I'll be waiting for your apology.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

lol, the funny part about u and some of us enjoying this back and forth is that u really don't understand the position some of us take. first off i'm glad u made it thru the weekend. ok, so heres the deal. if the acc in 5 minutes added uconn and nd. 100% of uconn would be happy. we would know that fsu/clem and who ever aren't going anywhere because nd would demand a gor. with nd and fsu the acc would be 1 of the 4 big boy confs and it would most likely kill the b12 one day when texas splits or ok goes north with kansas. this acc lets uconn in as a big boy in fball. gives our bball the 2nd best home(which is with cuse/unc/duke/pitt) and our great other sports like soccer baseball are now in a great conf also. it has regional rivals and hatted old friends. every uconn fan would want that, including me.

but there are some just like that question the future of the acc. if in 5 minutes the acc added ruty and uconn, i'm skepical. i don't think thats enough to keep the southern schools around. my(and a few others) fear is that joining the acc now may look good, but 5 years from now the acc could be duke/miami(fball ncaa issues)/wake/bc/cuse and a few others. thats not a fball league i want uconn to be apart of. its not good enough. i would rather be in a league with bsu/usf/cincy etc then that acc. thats my stance and some here dont like it and some do.

my dream 16 is the b10 going east and grabbing 4 big publics, but thats a DREAM.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
With the BCS selection nearly settled, ND can and will stay independent. But should that change and assume ESPN still wants the ACC as a 'power' I could see them brokering a meeting of the five families to settle territory. FSU/clem/Louisville to B12, ND/WVa/UConn/Ru to ACC.

What, you guys don't think CFB is run like a syndicate?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

pj

Reaction Score
Football wise, Syracuse, BC, and Pitt got gifts being picked up by the ACC. UConn will have to earn its way into college football success. I think we'd all like an invite to the ACC; if the ACC falls apart like Dan fears then we could put together a new conference at that time, if that was the best approach. Boise / Houston / SMU / USF / UCF will still be around. UConn is a big enough brand that every second-tier conference will want us, and Rutgers is in the same boat, so there would be a local partner/rival.

If we have to work our way up from a less respected conference, that's what we'll do. The more obstacles to overcome, the more glory in the achievement.

I think the Big Ten makes more sense than most think, UConn/Rutgers would provide access to major northeast TV markets for the Big Ten brands and wouldn't water down the football product much since the Big Ten has plenty of weaker programs already (Purdue, Indiana, Minnesota, need I go on?). The more this becomes about TV money and less about tradition, the better our chance of getting an invite.

The key for now is to play competitive football despite the recruiting disadvantages.

Reaction Score
With the BCS selection nearly settled, ND can and will stay independent. But should that change and assume ESPN still wants the ACC as a 'power' I could see them brokering a meeting of the five families to settle territory. FSU/clem/Louisville to B12, ND/WVa/UConn/Ru to ACC.

What, you guys don't think CFB is run like a syndicate?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

If CFB were run like a syndicate someone would have put a horse's posterior in Marinatto's bed a long time ago.

Then there would have been two of them in there.

Reaction Score
It is true. UConn has already been invited, and has turned the ACC down.

This will be proven when the ACC is forced to cancel today's announcement.

I'll be waiting for your apology.

People will have to start calling you the Dude of CT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom